Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,231

LuckyLand

One advice I'd like to share for everybody but in particular for magic users is this: level up alteration! Alteration skills tree has a perk that protects you from magic attacks effects and this is very helpful because ice and lighting attacks can become very frustrating!

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

NintendoPete

I am only leveling up Destruction - had no problem using only magic and the bow for sneak attacks. I am not even using armor - just my mage robe. Most of the time I am using flames, fireballs and healing. Quite effective - I thing my destruction level is 70 now. I really like that you can use the Joy Con's motion sensors to aim either with the left or right hand or both.

NintendoPete

LuckyLand

I wonder if it is because it is not well known enough in Japan. I usually prefer japanese games (I usually don't like jrpgs but I like action games, platformers, arcade games and so on) but I like Elder Scrolls games a lot. I already knew that those games get released in Japan A LOT later than they are released in western territories... On the other hand Skyrim keeps getting re-released again and again after many years here too lol XD

JasmineDragon

So hooked on this game. I knew I would get drawn into it even though it never grabbed me as a PC game. 40 hours into it in less than two weeks. I started out with a Khajit thief-mage but I wasn't feeling it so I restarted with a Redguard who is now L12, focusing on Conjuring and Restoration. I'm getting into the College of Winterhold questline.

Every bloody person in Skyrim seems to want me to get into their quests. Being Dragonborn and a Companion wasn't enough, no, now the Dawnguard, the College, the priestess of Azura and everyone else want me to save their towns/species/gods/whatever. Everywhere I go, bam, another quest. How do you guys tackle all the quests? Do you try to focus on one thing and finish it before moving on, or are you all over the place like me?

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

LuckyLand

I know the game enough to know which quest I want to do, and unfortunately they are not that many. There are some minor quest that I don't mind but I just can't get really excited about anything. I always think about many quests I loved (and still love now) in Oblivion and I can't find anything on par in Skyrim so I just grind and roam freely killing random things, searching for treasures and things like that for the most part. One of my goals for example is to build my home (Lakeview manor). It is not really a quest or a plot point or anything in the game but for me is something important and meaningful. One of the best things about Elder Scroll games is that the game is entertaining and meaningful even if you play it this way. For example I tried to do the same with Breath of the wild but it just does not work. You clearly feel that you are not doing anything and just wasting your time this way. But TES is different.
One of the quests I will do for sure is the bard's college in Solitude, because the quest of this guild gives you experience for every skill tree. I just don't want to do it until I am at a point that my experience gain is very significant in every skill tree. For example I don't use bows that much so I want to level up a lot archery and other skills that I tend to neglect before starting it. I want to be sure that I am gaining a lot of grind time for every skill so I am delaying it but I will do it at some point.
In my opinion it is also much easier in Skyrim to start quests and find yourself involved with murderings, daedra and stuff like that. In Oblivion it never happened to me to be "forced" in situations like those (except in one occasion and I will probably avoid that quest line if I play it again even if it was very good and well written but I want my character to be 200% good), it was usually much easier to understand how a quest was going to be... In Skyrim some quests are much less obvious in their outcome so I tend to avoid new things or make a temp save to try a quest and then decide if I want to do it or get back and avoid it.

Edited on by LuckyLand

KirbyTheVampire

@JasmineDragon I think you're better off just going all over the place, personally. To me, the world feels a lot more alive if you can come back to areas later on and still have stuff to do. If you do literally everything in a single area all at once, you have less of an incentive to go back.

KirbyTheVampire

Ryu_Niiyama

@JasmineDragon I meta game and I (usually) don't use fast travel so I tackle quests in a region, and then inch forward with the main quest (since it was supposed to take a year in game time ).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

bellow

@JasmineDragon I always advise people to role-play. Are you a hero with a heart of gold, or a thieving, murderous degenerate, like my orc. If you're the former you must lend a hand for the sake of your conscience, if the latter, let them wait, and help yourself to their possessions while they're not looking 😀

bellow

Roha333

Ok this is going to sound totally newb but how do you open the menue

Roha333

DarkRula

@Roha333 B button for the skills, map, items, and magic. + for the quests, stats, and saves.

I'm sort of a heartless monster in this game. I finished the quest with the Redguard woman in Whiterun where I protected her from the bandits. Quest complete. "I'm happy to help you - NOW EAT THE END OF MY BLADE!" Did the same again with Gulum-Ei on Scoundrel's Folly. I also once tackled what felt like the entire guard of Whiterun.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Roha333

Yeah I found it out after I posted and I'm doing a knave build so something like an assassin

Roha333

Savitodmc

Can somebody help me ?
I played skyrim yesterday,i cant run/sprint,already hold or just press L button,but my character still can sprint/run,what should i do ?

Savitodmc

NintendoPete

You just have to tap the L button - unless you are too heavy, this should work

NintendoPete

LuckyLand

@Savitodmc if you are too heavy take an iron dagger (but any other type of dagger should work as well, I just have never tried) wih you, attack (holding the button for a strong attack) and when your charcter has his arm raised over his head cancel the attack with "X". Your stamina should remain the same and your character should run for a short lenght. Repeat this until you get to a shop and sell the heaviest thing in your inventory. This can be dangerous if your character is not strong enough because of random enemy encounters.
You can also find enchanted items that can increase the weight you can sustain. You can also drop heavy items if you are not interested in them or are not valuable enough

Edited on by LuckyLand

Eel

I got this game recently and was wondering if anyone else is getting random screeching noises too... It's not like super common, but it's common enough to be annoying...

Oh yeah, and my character is a sneaky lizard person with a bow, though I also use magic and other weapons when necessary (specially healing magic). The armor is all mix and matched between both types right now.

It's not like I decided to be a sneaky archer because it's a powerful build... I just happen to prefer to keep my distance.

Also my non human character is apparently now a human eating cannibal. Though I may remove that ring because the extra menu before looting gets annoying.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

@Meowpheel Well Man and Mer and Beastfolk are thrown into a "sentient people" bucket by the lore of the game so you are still technically a cannibal. If I ever play as a bosmer I'll complete that quest because the bosmer have cannibalism in their history per lore. Playing as an orc that I head cannon is the illegitimate daughter of the Grey Prince until I get my computer back up and running.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

Eh giant man-eating lizards sounds about right to me.

I don't know anything about this game beyond what I have learned along the way, so I wouldn't know what makes sense in universe or which quests result in what.

This quest in particular I completely forgot about it until I randomly found the cave and the npc outside of it. Then I just went along with it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuckyLand

@Meowpheel I have heard this noise a few times but it hapened very rarely, it is not an issue for me. Sometimes it happens that some sounds are played with some delay. Sometimes this delay is really big but not often. Sometimes even the animations of the explosion when I use runes is displayed with a noticeable delay, but this don't haen often either. I see the enemy dying and after he died the rune explodes - lol - it really look weird.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic