Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,231

Old_Goat_Ninja

@JoakimZ just a few buttons were swapped, like action (open chests, etc), but you can customize them to normal. Took me way too long to figure that out haha. Now I have them same as XBox.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

bluemage1989

Played this years ago on 360 and loved it but never played the DLC. I'm not really one for replaying games unless it's something retro but anyway do the changes here justify another play through?? Portability is nice but not to big a deal for me so should I just pick this up on Xbox One for the enhanced graphics??

bluemage1989

LuckyLand

For my taste one of the dlc homes is by far the most beautiful one (lakeview manor). It is a bit frustrating because you have to built it yourself (this basically means buy a lot of stuff but at least you get the chance to choose between a few different rooms) but once it is done it is beautiful. Also I remember the first version of the game had horrible shadows that really made graphics look badly messed up, this version not only has this problem (mostly) solved but it look better overall (on the small screen it feels like the computer Special Edition, I have them both, on tv you notice it is less good but it is still good enough anyway.
I rather like Dragonborn quest, it is not the best I've ever done but it is not bad either I have already done it two times (on pc, I've never done it on Switch) and it could be another reason to double dip in my opinion. Not the best reason anyway imho.
I absolutely don't like the other dlc quest, Dawnguard, because I really can't stand its premise and in my opinion it sounds as stupid as the college of Winterhold quest. And the college of Winterhold in my opinion is one of the worst thing in Skyrim.
I tried to complete it once but really I couldn't stand it I just deleted that save and got back to the normal game.
You can also adopt children but I'm not interested in this thing so I never did it.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Haru17

I think Dawnguard is the best questline in Skyrim, and a standout among RPGs. Lucky gets hung up on not being able to kill one of the central characters like a random NPC. Both Dragonborn and Dawnguard are expansions with new main questlines and equipment / spells and very worth finishing if you enjoyed Skyrim itself. They're like concentrated shots of the game, with tons of unique dungeons and features.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

The DLC is great. Whether it's worth paying for the game at full price after you've already played the base game depends on how much you like Skyrim itself, and how many hours you've put into the base game.

KirbyTheVampire

NintendoPete

LuckyLand wrote:

... it sounds as stupid as the college of Winterhold quest. And the college of Winterhold in my opinion is one of the worst thing in Skyrim.
I tried to complete it once but really I couldn't stand it I just deleted that save and got back to the normal game.

Interesting. I am playing Skyrim for the first time and first thing I know and I'm doing the College of Winterhold quests and loved it. Even though I am not someone who love RPGs and who prefers action adventures like Zelda, I really like Skyrim. I am now concentrating on the main quest. The graphics are old but sometimes very astonishing. Sometimes I am just enjoying the landscape and taking pictures, which I usually don't do. The towns and dungeons look great and unique and sometimes are very large. The sequel of Breath of the Wild should take notice.

NintendoPete

Wushupunisher

I just picked it up the other day for my switch along with Odyssey. It'll be my first time playing it for me, the portability of the game is what sold it for me, being able to take it with me since I'm usually all over the place.

Wushupunisher

LuckyLand

@Haru17 the issue I have with it is the fact that the central character is a creature that you are supposed to kill in the first place. They could have at least given her some special power and made her overpower you and then force you to cooperate with her, it would have been different that way... They should have given an explanation in the story for this cooperation. Instead you just are given no other options except to befriend her and cooperate with her with no reason and no explanation at all. This is very poor quest design in my opinion.

@NintendoPete the reason why I dislike so much the college of Winterhold is the same, but on a larger scale. In Dawnguard the premise of the quest contradicts tha main point of Dawnguards and you are never given any explanation or reason to justify this fact, in the college of Winterhold, during the whole questline, magic stuff happens because of magic, it also is supposed to be bad because otherwise no quest could have been made so believe me, it is bad, and you are forced to blindly follow the orders given by the game like a dogma without understanding anything because nobody cared enough to actually write some stuff that could have made any sense. I felt like an idiot following orders that I could not understand, I felt treated like a worthless puppet and then all of a sudden I was the leader of the guild, leader of those fools that kept bossing me troughout the whole quest. Just because nobody wanted to come up with an actual plot that could made at least some sense. Some NPC says that they hate the guild and its mages in Skyrim, I can understand why lol.

Edited on by LuckyLand

Haru17

@LuckyLand I already know that. Didn't I say you got hung up on it?

Anyway, Dawnguard adds crossbows, sun spells, and werewolf / vampire perks while Dragonborn adds a bunch of craftable armor sets, ash spells, and some other fun stuff. DB is mostly new items and enchantments, not really any new weapon types or systems. The both add new shouts and unique followers. Some of this content is mixed into the base game world, but most of it you have to do the DLC quests or travel to Solstheim for the aforementioned concentrated shot.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Outdoors1987

Does anyone know if the Slow Time shout works properly?

Outdoors1987

NintyPricer

I'm gonna buy it, but what I really want is Morrowind on Switch

NintyPricer - A web app I made for tracking Switch eShop prices and getting sale alerts.

LuckyLand

@NintyPricer Let's hope Bethesda takes notes, I want Oblivion. I have it on PC but I simply can't suffer to play a game with keyboard and mouse. I played it on X360 but then I sold the X360 because there was nothing else except Oblivion that I liked so I sold the game too.

LuckyLand

@NintyPricer No I tried a program similar to Pinnacle (but freeware) but interface and button configuration in Oblivion PC are not the same as in the console version anyway and are not intended for a joypad so playing it this way makes it really clunky

Old_Goat_Ninja

bluemage1989 wrote:

Played this years ago on 360 and loved it but never played the DLC. I'm not really one for replaying games unless it's something retro but anyway do the changes here justify another play through?? Portability is nice but not to big a deal for me so should I just pick this up on Xbox One for the enhanced graphics??

Just saw your post. If portability isn't a thing, get the XBox One version. It's better in every way to the Switch, minus the portability. The new version is better than the 360 version, plus it can be had for cheap from places like Amazon, etc. If you never played the DLC on 360, it's worth it for just that. Plus since you played through already, you can skip the grind if you want and use mods to level up, or enhance jumps, etc. The mods didn't really interest me at first until I tried a play through with them. Now I rather like them.

I like my Switch version, and play it daily at work (just played a bit ago), but the XBox One version is better for sure.

DarkRula

Had this since launch on Switch, but only recently started to get invested. Just like my playthrough on the X360 all that time ago, I at first gave up just after the first quest. Putting the time into it on the Switch version [and handheld really helps] recently means I've now got used to the world and the game itself. I still get overwhelmed in combat situations with numerous foes, and I hate the fact enemies can use takedowns when you're using the healing magic, but I'm slowly levelling up in both restoration and destruction magic, one-handedness, and heavy armour.
A great and fun game that's got me invested, but combat as a whole is starting to become a major drawback. Maybe I'm just too used to the JRPG way of combat and skills progression.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ryu_Niiyama

NintyPricer wrote:

@LuckyLand I would love to have Oblivion with mod support on Switch. By the by have you tried this: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47215 ?

Adds Xbox controller support to PC version.

Reinstalling oblivion this weekend now.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoPete

The more I play, the more I am loving it. Played through the main story and Dragonborn DLC. Both were great and there is still a ton to do. I am focusing on the Dawnguard Quests now, but I am easily getting sidetracked Unbelievable how big this world and the dungeons are. I am a 28 level mage and am only using magic and sometimes the bow. The great thing is, that you don't have to spend countless of hours to get that far ( I am 45 hours in) - but to discover everything - you could. It is also a great game for traveling or pop it in for just one dungeon or camp or whatsoever. I think I will keep playing it from time to time while I don't bother to play Zelda because I already did all the DLC and there are no dungeons left. In this regard, I think that Skyrim is much better and you get much more out of it for your money.

NintendoPete

Old_Goat_Ninja

DarkRula wrote:

Had this since launch on Switch, but only recently started to get invested. Just like my playthrough on the X360 all that time ago, I at first gave up just after the first quest. Putting the time into it on the Switch version [and handheld really helps] recently means I've now got used to the world and the game itself. I still get overwhelmed in combat situations with numerous foes, and I hate the fact enemies can use takedowns when you're using the healing magic, but I'm slowly levelling up in both restoration and destruction magic, one-handedness, and heavy armour.
A great and fun game that's got me invested, but combat as a whole is starting to become a major drawback. Maybe I'm just too used to the JRPG way of combat and skills progression.

Well, honestly, and no offense, but I think the reason combat is harder for you is because you're focusing on magic usage. Once all leveled up, magic users are fun, but getting there is really difficult. I've played through numerous times on 360, then PS4, and now Switch, and magic users are by far the hardest character to play in my opinion. Single hand is easiest at first, but sneaky archer is probably the strongest character in game (in my opinion).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic