Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,231

kkslider5552000

"man, who would care about Skyrim on Switch after all this time"

thread has more posts than Xenoblade 2

(I'm joking, don't use random internet threads as an example of future success)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

6ch6ris6

@kkslider5552000 yeah i wanted to say something similar. but a lot of this talk here has not been about skyrim on switch but rather skyrim on pc

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

KirbyTheVampire

I really, really hope Bethesda has an announcement for The Elder Scrolls 6 at E3. This will sound really heretical to the people here, but I would take The Elder Scrolls 6 over literally any Nintendo game ever, or any game from any company.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire

I'm certain we'll get an announcement at E3......2019.

There have just been some rumors that it'll be mentioned, but chances are it won't be. Still, can't help hoping.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

DarthNocturnal wrote:

They mentioned it last year. They said it would be quite a while before we heard anything.

Given how Fallout 4 is only about a year old, and the large gaps between ES and now Fallout releases... yeah, we're still going to be waiting a while.

If it's formally announced at E3 2017, I'll go stick an actual arrow in my actual knee (I have the needed equipment )

Do you think it'll be on the PS4/Xbox One, or the next generation of consoles? I'm still debating internally whether I should get a Switch or a PS4, but that would be a big deciding factor for me, even if it is a couple years in the future.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire

PC and current gen, most certainly (with possible emphasis on PS4 Pro and Scorpio). I'm not sure we're getting a true “next gen“ for quite a while (if ever).

Oh okay, gotcha. I might have to take a good chunk of time to consider, then. After all, games like Mass Effect Andromeda, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Battlefield 1 are very attractive looking games as well.

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers

Is there any info if the game is going to be base edition or special remaster? I think and hope it will be the second but i don't remember anything about it...

It depends on this if i get it but i would like to...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JaxonH

@FGPackers
While not officially stated as of yet, comparisons of the game shown during the presentation's Bethesda segment alongside the PC Special Edition and vanilla version all but confirm it is indeed the special edition.

OG Vanilla Version
Untitledhow to take a screenshot on a pc

PC Special Edition
Untitledfree image upload

Switch Version
Untitledpost a picture

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

Looks pretty good to me. I'm sold!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FGPackers

Yeah i was just waiting for this. If it's really the special, and it seems so, i'll surely get it!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

Certainly looks better than the original. So gray and depressing.

KirbyTheVampire

6ch6ris6

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Certainly looks better than the original. So gray and depressing.

that's why i installed the saturation mod on pc

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Luna_110

Looks wonderful. It will be great playing this anywhere, without depending on being in front of a tv or a pc monitor.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tyranexx

Luna_110 wrote:

Looks wonderful. It will be great playing this anywhere, without depending on being in front of a tv or a pc monitor.

Seconded. Normally the portability isn't a huge factor for me since I live relatively close to my job (~5 minutes one way), but that may be changing soon.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

I think this really goes to show the power of the Switch. I mean, I don't think anyone's under the delusion that it's on par with the other consoles, but at the same time I don't think it's drastically underpowered after seeing how this game looks. I know the Dragon Quest Heroes comparison got a lot of press but, as always I think it just comes down to the developer and how much time they put into it and which version they decide to port from.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

diwdiws

@JaxonH hmmm skyrim isnt really the poster boy for benchmarking specs, even the remastered one. Tested the remastered on my old GTX 570 and it runs more or less at a stable 30fps with medium to high settings. I bought that GPU on 2011. So... I cant say that its an indication of switch's power

diwdiws

JaxonH

@diwdiws
Sure, but it still bodes well. The fact it looks so similar to PC is revealing. It may not be the newest, graphically intense game, but it's no 2D platformer either.

@DarthNocturnal
I could be wrong, but I heard talk of similarities to the JP Vita version for DQ Heroes. Why they would choose to port from that version rather than the console versions is beyond me (maybe it's easier to scale up than scale down?) but regardless of why, if it's true it at least explains why there was such a graphical downgrade. Not to say the game doesn't look good because frankly it seemed like it was just some particle effects and lighting, but still. It would mean the Switch wasn't necessarily a whole lot less powerful, it was just getting ported from a lesser version and that's why.

diwdiws

@DarthNocturnal im just saying that if a 6 yr old graphics card can play it means that yoo cant judge the switch's or any other platforms power based on that game. Most likely its not stressing the limits of the other consoles considering they have more advance GPU's than a GTX 570.

So basically my point to @JaxonH is that its useless as a benchmark or any indicator.

diwdiws

diwdiws

@JaxonH yeah i guess. But look at it this way, if i made it work with my GTX 570, most likely it would have also worked for the WiiU at low to medium settings.

diwdiws

JaxonH

@diwdiws
After seeing how Darksiders 2 ran on Wii U, an equally older game and even less demanding, this is encouraging.

Nobody's using it as a benchmark, it's just a good sign that it can actually handle it, be at a six-year game or not. The WiiU struggled running 10 year old games because of the way the architecture was set up. And this was just released on PS4/X1 a few months ago, and I'm sure they maxed it as much as possible.

If it was only capable of running that OG vanilla version that would be a bad sign. Seeing that is not the case it is encouraging. No it's not a benchmark, and no it's not a recent game, and yes we'll have to look at other games to really see what it's capable of, but it's still a good sign and it's positive and it's encouraging. Cuz I'm willing to bet that even this game would not have looked like this on Wii U, if it even would have ran at all.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic