Forums

Topic: TGS 2019

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Magician

Tokyo Game Show kicks off tomorrow and runs through the 15th. With the Switch being the number one console in Japan and Sony opting to not give a press conference at this year's TGS, I assume the Switch will get a couple or few interesting announcements. Capcom have already announced an hour long panel to talk about their plans to resurrect more of their classic IP. Some folks are hopeful for a Viewtiful Joe collection for Switch.

I look forward to what may come.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

My attention is on Konami for their Dance Dance Revolution, Beatmania IIDX and Sound Voltex during TGS 2019.
I knew they will announce those Rhythm games for mobile with their peripheral to play but i still hope for DDR on Nintendo Switch.

Anti-Matter

RR529

I wonder how long it'll be before Capcom decides to port the Lost Planet games to Switch.

I've only played the first one, and while a little rough around the edges, was pretty good, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Lost Planet, nice choice. I've also only played the first game and thought it was pretty fun.

Just like the other long running Japanese publishers, Capcom has a huge list of classic IP they could draw from. I assume games like Bionic Commando Rearmed, Strider 2014, Marvel vs. Capcom would be the obvious choices for Switch ports. But I also hold out hope that Capcom digs deeper, giving us Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, a Maximo collection, or maybe even a new entry for Project X Zone.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

If they do viewtiful joe I will faint. Just pass clean out. I'd like to see onimusha tactics on switch though. I was very pleased when it hit wiiu (and shocked) but I'd love it on a handheld that doesn't make me want to claw out my eye. I really just want onimusha (all of it just at least announce that you have PLANS to port all of it) and more fighting games.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Chunkboi79

@Ryu_Niiyama Out of all of Capcom's legacy IPs I am surprised that Viewtiful Joe hasn't gotten any love in awhile. Seems like Capcom has a few to choose from but I feel Viewtiful Joe would be the only clear choice.

Chunkboi79

Magician

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I really just want onimusha (all of it just at least announce that you have PLANS to port all of it) and more fighting games.

PlayStation owners got a digital copy of Street Fighter 4 when they bought the 30th Anniversary Collection. Maybe Switch could get a port of it as well? It's unfortunate that SFV is a PlayStation exclusive. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 perhaps? Though I could do without MvC Infinite, I'd rather have MvC2.

Aside from Capcom, considering how strongly Bandai Namco has supported the Switch so far I'm shocked neither Soulcalibur nor Tekken have been brought over yet. And I'm sure Guilty Gear 2020 will make its way to the Switch considering how well Dragonball FighterZ turned out.

Edited on by Magician

Grumblevolcano

@Magician All except Switch got Street Fighter 4 as a bonus. PS4 got the PS4 port of Ultra Street Fighter IV, XB1 got the 360 original of Ultra Street Fighter IV via backwards compatibility (may have also got XB1X enhanced?) and PC got the PC version of Ultra Street Fighter IV.

Of course no Nintendo system except 3DS got any version of Street Fighter 4 so Switch missed out on the bonus.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Chunkboi79 If it wasn't for Okami HD seeing the light of day, I'd claim it was just the bad blood over what happened with Clover Studios preventing Viewtiful Joe from coming back. But seriously, the series got four games, an anime, and then hasn't seen a release since. At least give us remasters of 1 & 2, and add DT through the emulator they built for the ZX games. Red Hot Rumble would be a nice topper but isn't really needed.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician I don't have the disdain for Infinite that a lot of others do. Sure 3 was better but I'd say 2 was better than 3. I'll take them all, just put them on the switch. Of course that is really more a disney call. I don't expect it since they let MUA3 be created (I'd love the whole series on switch as well but that is a pipe dream)

The lack of a soul game has been my major annoyance with bamco. I was honestly mildly upset when they announced more characters for smash...I don't know if that is the same team that would do a port of a another fighting game franchise but this is when as a laywoman I go "they could be porting soul calibur!!!". I could be totally wrong but that was the kneejerk reaction that I had. I'm still holding out hope that by the time they finish all the dlc for soul calibur VI that it will get ported to switch to give it a few more legs. I have an inflated view of FG franchises in the overall scheme of things because I love fighting games so much.

I'm fine about SFV because sony paid for it. I just want Ultra IV... that community isn't dead yet.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

I feel chances are good for announcements of Bionic Commando Rearmed and Strider 2014 for Switch. No concrete evidence, just a guesstimate.

Chunkboi79

@link3710 I remember picking up red hot rumble for like 10 bucks as a kid. I specifically remember Joe's phrase "burn it up" or "light it up" nice little smash clone. Definitely strange though lol

Chunkboi79

Heavyarms55

We just had the Direct though, I doubt we'll get many announcements from Nintendo itself. But we might get some interesting 3rd party stuff.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Harmonie

Bring back Okami! Also it'd be nice to get some info about the next Ace Attorney.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

Considering we got a couple of unrelated third party annoucnements on literally the day of the direct, chances are we'll see more Switch stuff there, regardless of the direct.

link3710

Magician

Capcom Japan's first TGS stream starts in 30 minutes. I'm not sure what's going to be shown

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.