Forums

Topic: Tegra X1 confirmed.

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

Haruki_NLI

@twindragon "Open world aesthetic? Oookay.

Open world structure, my boy. Structure.

Though the aesthetic of Breath of the Wild isn't exactly new to be fair.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

twindragon

@BLP_Software structure or aesthetic its basically the same "a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.
"the Cubist aesthetic"

Sure games aren't fine art but aesthetic can be used in this case. The open world aesthetic.

twindragon

Peek-a-boo

Andrzej777 wrote:

PS4 gamers are just about graphics and blowing things up.

Thank you!

I was forever searching for the true reason(s) of why I enjoy playing so many games on my PlayStation 4.

It was just about the graphics and blowing things up all along ... 👍🏼

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Andrzej777 wrote:

PS4 gamers are just about graphics and blowing things up.

Thank you!

I was forever searching for the true reason(s) of why I enjoy playing so many games on my PlayStation 4.

It was just about the graphics and blowing things up all along ... 👍🏼

Well that HAS to be it, obviously! Those games don't really do much else.

rallydefault

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Remember those 4K explosions in The Last Guardian? Good times!

Octane

rallydefault

@Octane
Honest talk, though: The Order:1888 is PRETTY. I remember letting my character chill on the side of that blimp for awhile just to look at all the prettiness.

rallydefault

Octane

@rallydefault I haven't played The Order. I remember some mixed reviews, and the fact that it was rather short. Knowing I can probably grab a copy for around €10, maybe I should just go out and buy it and see what all the fuss is about! After I'm done with HZD and Bloodborne though..

Octane

Jeronan

Luna_110 wrote:

@Andrzej777
Yeah, because people are so hung up on backwards compatibility- except they aren't as the PS4 so kindly proved for us.

Yet on the XBOXOne people are, where more and more XBOX360 games are being added every month to the backwards compatibility list.
If no-one was interested, then Microsoft sure as hell isn't going to waste precious money and resources in making old XBOX360 games run on the XBOXOne.
And it's not a easy quick job either, since the architecture of the XBOXOne is quite different from the XBOX360.

The reason no one is interested on the PS4 is simple. Sony hasn't released any old PS game that is worth buying again.

Eventhough the WiiU had it's troubles, I would love to see the HD remasters of Windwaker and Twilight Princess makes it way to the VC on Switch (one can only dream).
These remasters were excellent and it would be a shame if they were left on the dying WiiU.
Would love to play these games on the Switch.

Same actually for games like Super Mario World 3D. It is superior in every way to the 3DS version and would be fantastic to be ported to the Switch, since you can play with up to 4 people and would fit the marketing strategy behind the Switch console as local multiplayer machine.
Super Mario Odyssey will be fantastic, but single player only it seems. So a port of the Super Mario 3D World would be awesome.

Edited on by Jeronan

Jeronan

Lethal

Jeronan wrote:

Yet on the XBOXOne people are, where more and more XBOX360 games are being added every month to the backwards compatibility list.
If no-one was interested, then Microsoft sure as hell isn't going to waste precious money and resources in making old XBOX360 games run on the XBOXOne

Actually, Microsoft had no choice. They needed to do something to stop the bleeding. PS4 has outsold the XB1 2-1 and Microsoft needed to do something to gain some momentum. So they started figuring out how to emulate 360 games on the XB1.

Sony already has a way to play PS3 games on the PS4, but if you already bought the games digitally, you still have to pay to play them unless you have a paid subscription.

Either way, I think when a new console comes out, most people are done playing the old. However I still play NBA Jam on the XB1 from time to time.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

mav-i-am

Lethal wrote:

Jeronan wrote:

If no-one was interested, then Microsoft sure as hell isn't going to waste precious money and resources in making old XBOX360 games run on the XBOXOne

Actually, Microsoft had no choice. They needed to do something to stop the bleeding. PS4 has outsold the XB1 2-1 and Microsoft needed to do something to gain some momentum. So they started figuring out how to emulate 360 games on the XB1.

Add to that the pressure the games division is under from within the company (and the pressure the company is in as a whole)......

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

StuTwo

Luna_110 wrote:

@Andrzej777
That's the thing - are they truly so popular among gamers or its a vocal minority on internet that bemoans for them? Most people want new games, not ports - which is one of the main critics aimed at the Switch. So, what does the majority prefer - old games or new stuff?
I'll be for the new stuff.

It depends on the genre. Old online FPS's? You might as well use the discs as coasters - nobody really wants them. Likewise old sports games - the audience for those games only wants the very latest examples.

Story driven RPGs and arcade action games though? Those tend to have a much longer life span - people are still interested in buying and playing them years (even decades) after launch.

For particular examples of old games it's largely a matter of marketing. Given a high profile push there are plenty of old games that could sell really well.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Haruki_NLI

@StuTwo This is true. I can walk into a preowned store and see literally undreds of copies of past FIFA years going for 20p a copy.

Why? Well once the one with new graphics and updated rosters comes out a year later, the previous one immediately loses value, hell even when they announce the next one.

To be honest Im surprised something so expensive to make is able to maintain itself when by virtue of having a number corresponding to a year in its title, it immediately has no value because the better one will always come out a year later.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Andrzej777

@BLP_Software
Right.
However, when you think about GOOD mario sports games they seem to be still valuable of some sorts. Maybe because they arent really tied to an everchanging roster and dont have anual sequels.
Old fps games certainly losr their value. There are exceptions, though, half life 2 comes to mind. Played that one almost every year when I owned my xbox.
I think games that have sequels every year or like a whole trilogy per generation get ild pretty quickly. I remember when I bought my ps3 it came with uncharted 2. I played uncharted 1 first, wasnt that great Imo, still enjoyable though, after that I jumped into the sequel and was amazed, the graphics the action etc. Later I got uncharted 3 and couldnt bring myself to finish it. It was kinda more of the same and pretty boring to me. Dont know if I would like to play any of those games again.
Nintendo games have a certain charme imo that makes them timeless.
I was kinda worried about zelda botw, the new approach, the socalled empty open world etc. I didnt know if I would like it. To me its the best game of all time, kinda reminds me of fallout3. The empty open world is perfect to me, only that its not empty. Its just right. This is a game that I will play more than once, its so relaxing to play it. Perfect survival adventure vibe. All time classic for me. And such games will be remembered.

Andrzej777

rallydefault

@Octane
The Order is... well... it's a game. lol

No, in all honesty I enjoyed it for what it is. It doesn't pretend to be anything more than a fairly generic yet VERY pretty-looking 3rd-person shooter, and that exactly what you get. The story is kinda cool, but it never goes as deep as you may think.

If you can find it for 20 bucks it would be a steal. I actually beat it 2 times to get all the trophies lol

rallydefault

Octane

@rallydefault I don't mind if it's heavy on the story stuff, provided the story isn't downright terrible. I know some people are against the idea of a game having limited 'gameplay', and focusing too much on story and cut-scenes. I can still appreciate those games as pieces of entertainment though, so I should be fine! I've added it to my wishlist!

Octane

rallydefault

@Octane
Yea, sometimes I'm just in the mood to dig into deep story in a game, regardless of how good/bad the gameplay is.

People were just way too harsh on The Order. It's like every somewhat-anticipated game these days needs to be the next greatest thing or else it's deemed a failure. It can't just be "good."

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.