Forums

Topic: Tales of Vesperia - Definitive Edition

Posts 81 to 100 of 100

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Cool. I will be watching it after I finish the game. I just got that special sword from Duke while trying to rescue Estelle. Seems like I am in the late game?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bixente

I played quite a bit of this last night, and I'm really enjoying it, still I would say It's a good game, but not great. The story is fun enough, but nothing special, same with the battle system, though the graphics are lovely. As mentioned It's quite relaxing to play. The characters and their interactions are really fun too. There's nothing really wrong with it IMO, just there's stronger examples out there of this genre.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

JaxonH

I think this one is a slow burn. Takes a bit to get its claws in you, but the more you play the deeper they sink.

The conversations and dialogue are absolutely superb. I couldn’t stop laughing when there was a conversation on screen and everybody’s face was in a rectangle, and Carol’s rectangle slowly started sneaking up on Rita’s, then you see her rectangle thap him in the head and knock his rectangle over lol... i’ve never seen any game be so creative working with everything they’ve got.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

I agree that in terms of game-play it is nothing really special. But where it excels are in the character development and interactions. I really find myself more and more invested in these really interesting, very human, 3 dimensional characters. Each one has defined strengths and weaknesses. Each one has quirks. They all have their skeletons in the closet. And the story is a great example of how you can take a lot of unoriginal ideas and still use them really well. 35 hours into the game and I can say there is nothing I haven't seen before in some form, but this game still takes these ideas and still uses them really really well. This game is very much like playing through a good anime. In fact, this is the sort of game I wish anime games would be! (as opposed to just slapping together yet another fighting game with anime characters). In contrast to many western RPGs this isn't your story. You aren't making decisions. This is very much Yuri's story. You are playing through his adventure, and that of his companions. And I actually do like that. Games where you self insert yourself are cool too. But I find that they limit story-telling to a degree because they force creators to write in a way that accounts for the different options they give you. Anyway, I could keep rambling on, but I am gonna stop for the moment.

Heavyarms55

Awww man this game just trolled me so hard. I thought for sure I was charging into the final dungeon and going after the big bad final boss and lol-NOPE there is still a big chunk left of this game!

And I am completely okay with that!

However, more than the antagonists in the game, I hate Sodia, I mean I REALLY HATE HER. So much so that I'd like to stab her and throw her off the top of some ancient ruins.

Buizel

@Heavyarms55 I think that is a common trope of Tales games in general (that is, the final dungeon fake-out).

That said, one thing I found very odd about Vesperia was the pacing. On my last playthrough I found the story would shift in direction many times with little idea of when the actual end was in sight.

At least 2'8".

Quarth

Anyone have a good strategy to share for defeating Barbos?

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

@Buizel Well, as this is my first "Tales" game, that explains it.

Arcamenel

This game was so good and I'm definitely going to have to check out more Tales games. I thoroughly enjoyed all the main characters and the combat was really fun. Still side quest and stuff to do but will do that after I work on my backlog.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Cynas

@Arcamenel If you enjoyed Vesperia I'd highly recommend Berseria, Abyss, and Symphonia. Those 3 along with Vesperia are the best tales games in my opinion.

To be fair it's been a while since I played Symphonia so I may be a bit nostalgia blind with that one, but I played Berseria last year and I can safely say it's the best Tales game they've come out with in a long time. The supporting characters aren't quite as good as in Vesperia, but I think Velvet knocks Yuri out of the top spot for best main character in a Tales game.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Heavyarms55

I'm closing on the end of this game. I finished hunting down all the Giganto Monsters and found the Sword of Prayer for Flynn last night. All that's left is to collect the last couple Fell Arms so I get major end game spoiler.

I've no real interest in doing the 100 man or 200 man melees. This game is designed for you to play as a party, every segment I have disliked thus far has been a segment where they make you fight alone. Tedius and not fun at all.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Heavyarms55

I finished the game - I really have to say, this is the anime game I always wanted. It really felt like playing through a really good fantasy anime. Awesome characters, exotic and exciting locales, magic, science, ancient civilizations, monsters, all kinds of stuff wrapped into an awesome hero's epic journey. Very well done, very fun. I could totally see myself revisiting this game at some point in the future.

Buizel

@Heavyarms55 Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

If you have a Gamecube, PS3, or gaming PC I totally recommend Tales of Symphonia. It's a little more archaic in some ways (being the first 3D-rendered Tales game), but has a great setting and characters IMO.

At least 2'8".

Heavyarms55

@Buizel that's another one I always heard good things about. I will have to play it someday.

JaxonH

Think I'm pretty far into the game. At least half ways, surely? Or maybe too much of my time was spent exploring and dinking around in the skill menu. Idk.

But Trials Rising got its hooks in me and that doesnt seem to be changing any time soon.

Still, I want to come back and finish this.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MrGawain

I keep tuning in and out on this. The combat has sort of eluded me but I’ve muddled through, the map is confusing and you don’t really get a second chance to hear where you’ve got to go next, and the cartoon look clashes against some REALLY bleak story points. But I keep coming back to it to waste a bit of time during breaks at work (self employed).

It’s a good game, but probably shows it’s age in a design form more than a technology form.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

darkfenrir

The combat makes me far more annoyed than it should. I enjoy the fast paced Berseria myself since I have played that one recently and I really like it.

The story and skits are very excellent though

darkfenrir

Thaeek

I want play this gem,but subtitles isnt in english.What have do?

Thaeek

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic