Forums

Topic: Switch Wishlist

Posts 121 to 140 of 173

Whitewatermoose

I'm kind of expecting 2018-2019 and beyond to look something like this:
*this isn't a complete list, no Indies, dlc or surprises**

• Fire Emblem, yoshi, kirby, Mario tennis, hyrule warriors, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Bayo 1&2, Paper Mario, New IP, Animal crossing, either Metroid or Retro game.

2019: Metroid or Retro, Zelda something, Mario Maker 2, Smash, Bayo 3, Fzero HD remake, Mario 3d world/captain toad, Pikmin 4, luigi mansion, xenoblade X, New IP

2020: star fox, #FE, Mario galaxy, punchout, New IP,

• 3rd party : a few racing games (project cars 2, or ridge racer, midnight club, burnout, Cruisin)
    sports games (madden, PES, wwe, NBA jam, NHL, golf)
    RPG's ( Fallout, Divinity, Civilization, Final Fantasy, bravery default, mass effect trilogy)
    Shooters( COD, overwatch, paladins,)
    Action/adventure ( assassin's Creed, prince of Persia HD remake, lord of the Rings, GTA V, Harry Potter, Lego, splinter cell or metal gear survive, castlevania,
    Other : Switch Sports, karaoke, poker, trivia games, Sonic the hedgehog, Crash trilogy, Rare Replay, Sea of thieves,
    Fighting ( Mortal kombat, killer instinct!, SFIV ultra)

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

RETRO_J

Ok, my top picks for the first half of the year are:

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
2. Mario Tennis Aces
3. Kirby Star Allies
4. Tennis World Tour

Maybes:

1. Project Octopath Traveler
2. Yoshi (Still not convinced by this one, the game appeared very barebones at E3, though I really want to like it..)

If Yooka- Laylee and Worms get physical releases, they'll happily be added too.

Unfortunately, given that I only buy retail games, there appears to be scarce pickings for us physical collectors in 2018. I mean, Nintendo Life only has 25 retail games listed total, for the entire year and beyond, which is really worrying.

Another Direct is essential if we're to quell the increasingly vocal naysayers, preferably within the next month. Concerns about future third party support appear very valid, given the current gaps that lie in wait for us.

As of now, I own just five Switch titles (The usual suspects, you might say: Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and USF II) but with so few known release dates, that figure would struggle to double in 2018. Titles like Animal Crossing, F-Zero, Overwatch, a new Bond game, Rogue Squadron and a decent racing sim or two would all help to diversify the console's audience.

The Switch back catalogue currently appears very narrow, with a ton of metroidvania games and Neo Geo titles, which only really appeal to a niche audience - though this wouldn't be an issue if all genres were supported equally.

The console has now reached an important crossroads and the direction from which Nintendo takes from here will go a long way to deciding its fate. Switch owners need plans from key developers like Rockstar and EA to feel assured of its success going forward. It would allow us a little more confidence to believe we'll see more years like the one we've just experienced.. or better still, have that confidence replaced with high hopes of convincingly surpassing it. I guess there's no harm in dreaming but, given the ups and downs of the past eighteen months, anything seems possible right now..

Edit:

With regards to hardware, Cloud saves or better still, local back-ups seem the only real essential that we need right now, to put Switch on a more equal footing with the other consoles. It still leaves me feeling very uneasy to know the amount of hours I’ve put into my games could be lost at any moment. (Currently 140 hrs and counting..) Nintendo introducing this so late in the console’s lifecycle can only leave me to conclude that they never planned to introduce back-ups at all, which is pretty scary, considering the level of experience they’ve garnered over the years, working on console design and customer service programs.

I appreciate the current piracy concerns that seem to lie front and centre of Nintendo’s collective mindset whenever this topic is brought up.

Taking into account these concerns, the ideal for me would be a non-transferable SD memory card, designed specifically to read by the Switch only. It would back-up game saves only and, given the smaller size needed compared to micro SD’s (10GB?), that store the whole game, cost relatively little to make. Whether this is even plausible from a technological standpoint, is highly debatable but it would be a much better solution than cloud saves, given the likely lifespan of the servers storing our precious data.

RETRO_J

Whitewatermoose

Just to clarify my predictions. I think the following for 2018 and beyond.

First, let's start with Nintendo. Nintendo will look to maintain and build momentum to sell at least 20 million units for FY 2018. All my guesses are common sense predictions:

• if Nintendo online comes out this year, Nintendo will use at least one big new Nintendo and third-party title to drive adoption of the paid service.
  • if Nintendo online is delayed out of 2018, something has gone very wrong. If that does happen hopefully Nintendo finally turns over control of online to Microsoft, Amazon Game Services, or someone who is capable of implementing online services.
  • I predict that Fire Emblem, and two other big titles release in 2018. Of those big titles, they will be two of the following ( Animal Crossing, Smash, Retro's game, Metroid, or Pokemon)
  • If Labo is an initial hit, then Nintendo will double down on the casuals with the next kits in October/November. If Labo struggles, I expect Switch Sports this November.
  • Nintendo will publish 16 to 18 games for Switch in 2018 including Labo.
  • Third-party comes to Switch. I believe eventually Switch will receive third-party support similar to Gamecube did. I expect Fallout, Call of Duty, PES, DQXI, Hearthstone, Madden, GTA all in 2018. I also expect a BIG third party surprise in fall 2018. That could be Overwatch, Witcher 3, or Star Wars Rogue Squadron trilogy.
  • Nintendo purchases a third party American game developer company this year with that Switch money.
  • I think Nintendo has releases mapped out thru 2020 for Switch, with at least 5 ports ore Deluxe a year from Wii U, 3DS, and Wii/Gamecube. I expect Nintendo to have at least two more ports for 2018 other than the announced ports already.
  • I expect Smash to be a port of Smash 4 with tweaks. They will hopefully remove some characters and add new characters.
  • Wild prediction Bomberman becomes F2P with Switch paid online.

Xbox:

• Xbox Game Service comes to Apple TV, Mac and possibly Switch in late 2018.
  • Xbox One X starts to receive exclusives in November 2018.
  • Xbox brings Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, or Powerstar Golf to Nintendo Switch this year.
  • Sea of Thieves is being positioned to be the next Minecraft. Eventually, if it sells well on PC and Xbox, it will come to everything that can run it starting in early 2019 including Switch and Mac.
  • Microsoft determines that being the Netflix of games and Xbox Live as the future of Xbox.

Sony:

• Sony releases an updated PS4 Pro with 4k blu-ray player.
  • Sony watches Switch very closely. Sony will need to determine if the next generation is PS5, or a combination of PS4Pro and PS4 Portable.
    Spiderman will be positioned as Sony's big game for 2018.
  • Spyro HD remake trilogy will get the Crash Bandicoot treatment and release on PS4.
  • Sony starts to offer discounts or bundle PSN with PlayStation Vue service.

Finally, I believe 2018 will be the year of mergers and acquisitions. I think EA is one to watch as a possible buyer and seller. I could see Apple, Microsoft, Disney, and Nintendo all purchasing smaller devs this year.

• I could see Roblox, Zenimax, 2k all being acquired this year.

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

The reason for my previous post is that since this is a Wishlist thread and with the transition the Industry is going thru, I think we are closer than ever to getting games that are controlled by other Platform makers like Microsoft and sony.

I can easily see Rare Replay on Switch. It might even sell better on Switch. Same can be said for killer instinct, viva pinata, and Powerstar golf.

I can just as easily see crash bandicoot trilogy coming to Switch. I could also see smaller Sony titles like Freedom Wars/ Ape Escape / Buzz go multi platform to make the case for a franchises future.

This is an interesting time. It will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

Scrummer

Slides Curve Digital $20 "How about an HD remake of Fluidity on Switch called 'Fluidity: Re-hydrated' for $10, which can take advantage of things such as HD Rumble?"

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Snadertjuh

Short term:

• DLC BOTW
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Splatoon 2
  • Yooka Laylee physical
  • Youtube or Netflix (because I am going to travel a lot soon)

Midterm:

• Virtual Console (including handheld software)
  • GTA V
  • Pokemon (2018?)
  • 2D Zelda
  • Smash Bros.

Longterm:

• Metroid 4
  • Zelda BOTW sequel
  • Mario Odyssey 2
  • Luigi's Mansion 3

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Late

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan + Elite Beat Agents
An easy way to release the same game worldwide. Just combine both into one game.

Daigasso! Band Brothers / Jam with the Band
Yes, I love rhythm games and this series doesn't get enough attention. Switch would be the perfect platform for next Daigasso game.

Kid Icarus: Downfalling
Uprising was great. I need more. (With a better name than Downfalling, of course.)

Advance Wars
I hope they can take a break from Fire Emblem after the new one comes out and return to the Wars series.

Danganronpa
Bring all Danganronpa games to Switch.

Project: Psync
While I'm on topic of visual novels. I want more info on Uchikoshi's new game. I'd take Zero Escape ports as well.

Pokémon spinoff game
Pokémon Pinball, Pokémon TCG, Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Snap... Preferably something other than Mystery Dungeon or Pokémon Rumble. They are great too but I want something that hasn't had a sequel for a while. Or come up with a new one.

Edited on by Late

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

8-Bit_Superman

Crystalis port. That's all I've ever wanted.

Signatures are for Jerks

Switch Friend Code: SW-6759-7977-8362 | My Nintendo: owendershot | Nintendo Network ID: Hendershot

WinnerDogXD

I want roblox on the wishlist

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil Mario

My Nintendo: Chewbacca5

RR529

First Party:

• Mario Golf (Not sure why as I've never REALLY played one, but I enjoyed the demo of the 3DS one)
  • Kid Icarus
  • Smash
  • some sort of Mario RPG
  • Eventually, new a new core Zelda and Mario.

3rd Party:

• Ace Combat
  • Dead or Alive
  • DQXI (and/or Heroes I&II)
  • Senran Kagura (even a localization of that dating sim one)
  • Tales
  • Titanfall 2 (would this run?)
  • SoulCalibur
  • Final Fantasy and *Kingdom Hearts

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Cynas

I'd really like to see The Nonary Games come to the Switch. Virtue's Last Reward is one of my favourite games of all time and I'd love to play 999 again since it's been a while and the added voice acting is a huge bonus. Been holding off getting it for the PS4 in hopes that it eventually comes to the Switch. Maybe even a new release that comes with the whole trilogy.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

ICISAZEL

My list in no particular order is as follows:

1. Metropolis street Racer
2. Blur
3. Ninja Gaiden
4. Skate
5. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
6. MARVEL VS CAPCOM
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
8. Guardian Heroes
9. Ikaruga
10. F Zero
11. Wipeout
12. Wave race
13. Soul Calibur
14. Power Stone 2
15. Sega Rally
16. Jet Set Radio
17. SNK VS CAPCOM 2
18. Shenmue
19. Virtua Fighter
20. Panzer Dragoon
21. Burning Rangers
22. Virtual On
23. Athlete Kings / Winter Heat
24. Devil May Cry

let me know what you list would be..

Edited on by ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL

SnowSilence

Resident Evil (Remake plz), Mario Party Collection (still sad about 'The Top 100' only coming to 3DS), and Fallout New Vegas (best Fallout game, don't @ me)!

If you're looking for some new games to add to your buying wishlist, check out Last Encounter. I'd really appreciate it! I do their PR and we're looking forward to launching it later this year on Switch. It's a co-op twinstick shooter with a lotttt of weapon variety/creation!

SnowSilence

theberrage

I want Star Wars, not the SNES games either. New Star Wars games.

Although a Remastered Knights of the Old Republic would be cool as I have never played it .

Edited on by theberrage

theberrage

Mainer82

Since Octane closed my thread even though it didn't need to be, I'll post here:

What do you "think" the likley-hood of Nintendo bringing Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch? I'd love to have it on there- I have them in the Wii U but would be great to bring them with me. I'd like to see Mario Bros Wii U and 3D World on the switch. I don't know much about porting but seems like it would be easier enough?

They are doing it for Donkey Kong Tropical freeze and had for Mario Kart.

3DS Friend Code: 2836-1397-2314
Please add me if you're from Maine

Octane

@Mainer82 If everyone's going to create a new thread to talk about the games he/she likes to see on the Switch, the forums would be filled with those threads. That's why we're keeping the discussion in one place.

Octane

Scrummer

@Mainer82 I think more Zelda ports on Switch is likely.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

RR529

Switch really needs some big Tech or Sci-Fi games. The only two I can think of off the top of my head are DOOM (which is personally to brutal for my tastes) and Metroid Prime 4 (which still seems to be forever away).

Don't get me wrong, I loved Zelda & Xenoblade 2 (admittedly this one's a fantasy/science mix), am really enjoying Fire Emblem Warriors, and really looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, but it'd be nice to mix it up every once in awhile with an Ace Combat, Metal Gear, or Zone of the Enders. Heck, I'd take something on the level of Lost Planet or Front Mission Evolved (both of which were rough around the edges, but fun).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Syndrome

As far as ports go i'd say Metroid:Samus Returns HD and Okami HD.
As for new entries in first party IPs, aside from the usual suspects(Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin) i'd like Nintendo to revisit some of their more forgotten ones like Eternal Darkness or Geist. Maybe new entries or even remasters of the older games would be nice.
For 3d party, one game that releases this year which i think would be a perfect fit for the Switch is Biomutant.
I would say Smash Bros too but we all know that this is happening, sooner or later.

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic