Forums

Topic: Switch + Super Mario Odyssey $379.99 bundle - US version

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

rjejr

Purchased my Switch+ Mario bundle last night. I was on the fence as $380 wasn't exactly a bargain but I figured it was worth it for the screen protector savings as those sell for around ~$12. Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop all have the same wording on their websites:

"Carrying Case + Screen Protector (Super Mario Odyssey Edition)"

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-sw...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075N7RDTM?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&am...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-super-mario...

For the life of me I can't find a screen protector in the box. It doesn't say screen protector on the box, but how can 3 major US retailers have website descriptions that say screen protector but then it isn't included? I asked a question on Amazon and emailed Gamestop help. If nothing else maybe the websites will be corrected. I just don't see how something like this happens. It has a 6.2" screen, screen protector is kind of a big deal.

And Nintendo themselves actually sell a case and screen protector, so they know what a screen protector is, no excuses.

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/nintendo...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N226BBW?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&am...

The red Joycon are nice, the case is thin and lacking in storage but it'll do the job I suppose, but why list something that isn't included? I'm going to contact Nintnedo support, see if they can at least explain the misleading description. ugh

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

@Nintendoforlife Thanks, I'll probably pick one up eventually, I'm sharing the console with my 2 sons so it's going to be in and out of the dock and passed around a lot. I was kind of torn on the bundle or the system, game and case separalty, would ahve saved me $20 at least, but the screen protector cost made me lean towards the bundle.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

Ok, so this thread isn't a 1 trick pony -

Used the code to download Mario just after midnight last night, but no gold coins on My Nintendo. It is the same account linked up, the website even says I signed into my account on Switch last night. Is Nintendo penalizing us for paying $60 for the game in a bundle, no gold coins? That would seem really rotten of them, the game obviously cost me $60 b/c it was bundled w/ a $300 system and a $20 case for $380, there was zero savings, the game was $60. Not sure what I would do with the gold coins, but still.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Nintendoforlife

1. Are you planning on giving any use to the case? Or is that more of an after thought to you?

2. I'm assuming you manually tried to redeem the gold coins.

Nintendoforlife

rjejr

@Nintendoforlife We'll use the case, but it's not that great, it's just red. The normal SMO case is way better. And it was $15 at Target.

https://smile.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Traveler-not-machine...

No, dont' assume that. I looked all over the MyNintneod website for a link that said "Enter code here" or something along those lines, but I coudlnt' find anything. Ran a Google search, nothing. Checked Nintnedo Account and everything was linked. The code worked, the game downloaded, I played it for 2 ours.

The whole MyNintneod website is kind of lame when it comes to Switch. Here are all the bonus coins I have on Wii U after I signed into a Switch. Shoudln't we get some points for buying a $300 system? Or at least linking to it our NA to it? Viewing the News Channel? It's almost as if MyNintnedo doesn't know the Switch exists. Smart device apps are everywhere.

Completed: Sign in to Nintendo eShop on a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS system (weekly) x2 + 60
Completed: Sign in to Miiverse (weekly) x2 + 60
Completed: Collect the My Nintendo sign-in bonus (weekly)

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Nintendoforlife

@rjejr I was referring to going in the game's management options and selecting redeem My Nintendo points. But now I think of it, it does say the option is only available for physical versions not sure this would work.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

rjejr

@Nintendoforlife Hey thanks for that. I'll give it a try later. But between the stupid gold points I'll never use and the screen protector I don't have, well I really need to move on. But first I need like a 2 hour nap. And lunch. And to be ready to set up my 2 sons accounts when they get home from school. More passwords and random letter names to try and recall.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Nintendoforlife

@rjejr I am sure your kids will be very pleased with their father today.

Nintendoforlife

Samus7Killer

@rjejr congrats on the purchase.
Do yourself a favor and get the Zagg brand of glass screen protector. Its the LouieVatton of glass protection.

Samus7Killer

Burning_Spear

Even though it's preloaded, you may still have to claim the coins manually, as though you purchased the game. Highlight the game on the menu, press +, go to My Nintendo Rewards Program, and select Earn Points.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

rjejr

@Nintendoforlife "the Beilom screen protector"

Thank you for the Amazon link. (I know it was awhile ago, even Prime takes a couple of days.) Got the screen protector in the mail yesterday and it's very nice. I've had a lot of screen protectors in the past but this is my first glass one, I usually get the $1 + $5 shipping really cheap plastic ones. For $6.85 for 2 it's a steal. And I'm sure at some point, when Pokemon releases, we'll have another Switch. And it's just for peace of mind. Not too much use for the touchscreen on the system but watching my 2 kids putting it in and out of the dock, well it hadn't scratched yet, just smudged in a couple of spots, but even without using the touchscreen it still gets touched a lot.

A good investment, if for nothing else than peace of mind, and I place a high value on that.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Nintendoforlife

@rjejr Hey! glad I could help you out man. I actually went ahead and purchased a glass protector for the first time as well. Mostly due to not wanting to deal with possible bubbles appearing, and I got it 2 months after launch so rumors of the Switch overheating were still going around. I wasn't sure how that would possibly affect the plastic. I have used the touch screen a fair amount as far as smudges go, but once the console is on the smudges are completely invisible so don't worry about that.

Nintendoforlife

rjejr

@Samus7Killer LouieVatton of glass protection

Thanks, I'm more of a Target clearance of glass protection kind of guy though. If Nintneod ever decides to introduce Super Mario Run and other touch focused games on the Switch I might have to consider an upgrade. Well after my 2nd cheap glass screen breaks. Two for $6.85, that'll do nicely.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.