Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 921 to 940 of 11,397

bluedogrulez

@RueDaydreamer: I think they also put together a beautiful limited edition for Rodea the Sky Soldier. . . .too soon?

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

RueDaydreamer

@bluedogrulez I haven't heard of one apart from the Wii U and 3DS release. Do you have a source?

RueDaydreamer

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan There's a new limited game, better jump on it quick.

WHERE? WHO? WHAT GAME????

TalonMan

SKTTR

Super Rare Games, Limited Run Games, Merge Games. I don't like their approach.

I like Headup Games (Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+) and Rising Star Games (88 Heroes, Lumo), and even THQ Nordic and NIS America. You can find their niche games on retail even months later, and without inflated prices.

It's sad to see a great Switch game like Human Fall Flat being limited and overpriced in physical format.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

meppi64

Any idea if Wild Guns Reloaded will get a physical release in Europe?

Just got an alert from Play-Asia that the US version is ready for preorder and I'm wondering if I should hold out for a possible EU copy.

https://www.play-asia.com/wild-guns-reloaded/13/70bwd7

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

revolutionika

Ongoing list of physical games to add. Some have pre-orders, others are just announced and need verified before adding to list.
——————————
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (ntsc version)
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (ntsc version)
Minecraft Switch Edition
Shaq Fu
Outlast 1 & 2
Terraria
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut
Icey
Mutant Mudds Collection
This is the Police 2
Pillars of Eternity II
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Victor Vron: Overkill Edition
Labyrinth Of Refrain: Coven Of Dusk Limited Edition
Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded Limited Edition
Legend of Kay Anniversary
Happy Birthdays
Syberia 3
Blacksad
Flashback: Remastered
Hello Kitty Kruisers
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2
The Coma: Recut
Human Fall Flat
Wild Guns: Reloaded
God Wars
Slain: Back From Hell
Shining Resonance: Refrain
PixARK

Edited on by revolutionika

revolutionika

MrCIB

SKTTR wrote:

Super Rare Games, Limited Run Games, Merge Games. I don't like their approach.

I like Headup Games (Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+) and Rising Star Games (88 Heroes, Lumo), and even THQ Nordic and NIS America. You can find their niche games on retail even months later, and without inflated prices.

It's sad to see a great Switch game like Human Fall Flat being limited and overpriced in physical format.

I would consider Super Rare Games, Limited Run Games to have a different business approach than the one's you listed. It's a lot harder to get big box retailers to pick up your titles and they don't do low print runs because they want to. Some of those titles wouldn't sell well with high print runs. There's a balance to it all. They create a sense of urgency to purchase with limited runs of games. If you think you can buy it 6 months later no have no reason to buy now. I don't mind their policies on how they do business. What I hate is watching every twitter, NintendoLife, Reddit and whatever to keep up with it all.

MrCIB

MulderYuffie

What are the chances of Fast RMX, Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley and Super Meat Boy of getting physical releases?

MulderYuffie

link3710

@MulderYuffie

• Fast RMX is quite likely, Fast Racing Neo had an official Nintendo published release after all.
  • Sonic Mania - Unlikely, considering it didn't have one at launch. Still, you can't ever predict Sega
  • Shovel Knight - Likely, but not until they release the final expansion
  • Stardew Valley - Almost certainly going to get a limited release, the bigger question is by who.
  • Super Meat Boy - Totally up in the air, I can't even hazard a guess.

link3710

SVTornado

@link3710 SEGA could always team up with a company that makes limited physical runs of games. As for Super Meat Boy, team meat said that they are planning a physical release for it.

SVTornado

link3710

@SVTornado They did? I thought that was only Super Meat Boy Forever that was announced. Do you have a link?

And agreed on SEGA, that's why I said you never know what they'll do.

link3710

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan There's a new limited game, better jump on it quick.

You skipped me, Link!!

What's the new limited game? Did I miss it already?!?!?

TalonMan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic