Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 761 to 780 of 11,398

TalonMan

realshotgun wrote:

@TalonMan Its not about resale value. Ive backed many games knowing full well they would be available to others. I backed this game (Indivisible) because they worded the initial backer incentives in a way that made it seem that the physical would only be available to those who took the risk or put their money upfront. I would have been perfectly happy waiting for the standard physical release. I have every right to be irritated and angry over being misled. The resale means nothing to me, its being misled that makes me angry. i dont care that people who didnt back will be able to get it, Im happy for them. I would much rather have spent the (likely) 30-40$ instead of 60 is my point, and i feel guys like me got duped into fundng on the idea that we would only be able to get a physical if we gave them 60$, and now theres going to be a cheaper option available because we put money upfront.

...well again - that's all assuming that it WILL actually happen. For now and until the day it actually ever happens, I would be happy that you're guaranteed a physical copy - because there is always an EXTREMELY high chance that any future physical copy (regardless of the confidence of the developer), will get squashed by the publisher who sees plenty of money coming in (safe) via the eShop sales and sees no reason to (risk) spend money to start producing physical copies that may (or may not) ever be sold and could wind up on a store shelf.

Developers are always fine spinning as much as you want to hear, so long as you'll buy their product - but the publisher has the final say in all of this, and if they've already hit their margins via the digital release they may see no reason to bother with a second physical release.

TalonMan

Paraka

@ryangorgeous - That's the Japanese release still. If I remember right, it only has the title and the rating on the front with said art.

Still supports English in-game, however.

Paraka

Cynas

@realshotgun I really hope that's true. I somehow just discovered Indivisible today and it's already one of my top anticipated games for 2018. I'm in love with the art style. I'd much prefer getting a physical version of the game, but I don't care so much about getting the collectors edition. Although I would have been willing to buy it if that was the only way to get the physical edition. Too late now to worry about it though.

By the way, this thread lists Blade Strangers as releasing January 30th but I'm pretty sure the official release is March 21st

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Anti-Matter

yeayeanaynay wrote:

nicalis physical wonder boy the dragons trap gets released on feb 13th (finally)

I saw that game has arrived in my country Indonesia last Sunday.

Anti-Matter

MulderYuffie

Wow no one should be destroying anyone else's stuff especially those that apparently love you. Anyways glad to see we got a solid date on wonder boy now.

MulderYuffie

TalonMan

yeayeanaynay wrote:

I actually almost stopped collecting switch games after an argument with the wife ended up with her destroying 4 of my switch cases. luckily one case was skyrim so that justified an over priced ebay purchase for one of those awesome alternate covers..

Wow - my wife and I have certainly had our share of knock-down, drag-out fights, but the destruction of my gaming collection???

HELL NO!!! That's approaching divorce material... >

TalonMan

TalonMan

@link3710

Not lookin' to stalk you - just wanted to let you know the game was delivered today!

I sent you a message on VGChartz - if you are (or aren't) still interested, let me know over there and we'll get this sorted out...

TalonMan

link3710

@TalonMan Yup, just responded. I honestly reply here faster than I check my emails though.

link3710

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan Yup, just responded. I honestly reply here faster than I check my emails though.

Ok - do me a favor, shoot me your email address via PM - I need to send you a picture...

TalonMan

mmaker

@DrDreii
Hey DrDreii, can you confirm if the German physical copies you bought included English as an optional language.

Schlag den star
Island Flight Simulator
Ostwind - Das Spiel - Confirmed already.
Tales of the Tiny Planet - Getting an English physical release?
3d Mini Golf - Getting an English physical release?

Thanks

mmaker

McGruber

@scubydo Same because I saw 3D Mini Golf is only $20 and that's the launch price. It's bound to go on sale sooner than later vs $50 for the import...

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Xyphon22

Does anyone know how much The Count Lucanor is going to be physical? I usually prefer physical so I can then sell it again to buy new games, but it's on sale for $7.50 right now, and I don't think there is any way I will be able to buy it physically and get enough back reselling it to make it anywhere near that cheap.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

McGruber

@Xyphon22 $20-30 for sure. If you plan on selling the game afterwards though I'm sure you can make up most of the difference...

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

MarioBrickLayer

@Xyphon22 I saw a review which said this game has some significant performance issues including big drops in frame rate, despite it being a not very intensive game...put me off ordering it.

MarioBrickLayer

Aozz101x

This is The Police 2 confirmed to have physical retail release.
http://nintendoeverything.com/this-is-the-police-2-boxart/

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

revolutionika

Ongoing list of physical games to add to list.
If some are already on list I didn’t see let me know.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Owl Boy
Max Curse of the Brotherhood
Flint Hook (online/Limited Run Games)
Mercenary Kings (online/Limited Run Games)
Tales of the Tiny Planet
Ginger Beyond the Crystal
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (ntsc version)
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (ntsc version)
Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition
Gal Guns 2
The Count Lucanor
Minecraft Switch Edition
Ostwind Das Spiel (with English option)
Shaq Fu
Outlast 1 & 2
Terraria
Island Flight Simulator (with English option)
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut
Icey
Mutant Mudds Collection
Tennis World Tour
Song of Memories
This is the Police 2
Brawlout

Edited on by revolutionika

revolutionika

mmaker

@revolutionika
Is Island Flight Simulator only available to buy in Germany? Can anyone confirm there is an English option in the physical release.
And is Voez the Japanese release?

mmaker

Polan18

@mmaker Hello. Yes, the physical copy of Island Flight Simulator is only available in Germany and does have English as a language option. The physical version of Voez is only available in Japan and also has English as a language option.

Polan18

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic