Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,684

TalonMan

Paraka wrote:

@TalonMan - You can start by contacting the devs of Indivisible stating the concern of a physical release post launch. Maybe they'll consider a second run, I have already did this. But more gives it leverage.

I will do that! I'm also going to harrass them with the "Oh, take your time - we don't see a cut-off in the near future" email, they had sent me!!

I'm pissed - seriously! Pissed at myself for not monitoring their Twitter feed, and pissed at them for such a drop-dead cutoff!!

TalonMan

Paraka

@TalonMan - I don't have social media, and ended up in the same boat. Only because my planned backing was literally a day too late (financial priorities and all that).

Paraka

fatbaldman

im upset also i just emailed them too.

fatbaldman

MrCIB

I don't see how people can be upset when you made the decision to wait and get upset when it ended. It sat there forever for orders. In life you have to be proactive instead of reactive. If you passed it up to pay some bills then you made the right decision.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

Paraka

@MrCIB - It's the bitterness of feeling of "being punished" when making right decisions.

Honestly they were pretty quiet of its inevitable ending, but an end is an end and now my collection will be scarred for my lack of frugality.

Paraka

MrCIB

@Paraka that makes sense. I’ve collected for a long time. More often than not what you missed always comes back around at some point.

MrCIB

link3710

So of the new titles announced (see below), anyone have confirmation on physical status?

• The World Ends With You: Final Remix - 2018
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - May 4th 2018
  • Hyrule Warrirors: Definitive Edition - Spring 2018
  • Dark Souls: Remastered - May 25th, 2018
  • Mario Tennis: Aces - Spring 2018
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimos of DANA - Summer 2018
  • SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - Summer 2018

Also Kirby: Star Allies can be updated for March 16, 2018, Payday 2 is February 23, 2018,

Fe and Celeste are confirmed as eshop releases, so not on this list of updates. The rest were implied physical since they weren't listed as eshop only, but I don't have confimation of course.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Paraka

@MrCIB - It is why I encourage the emails. Makes the second chance more likely (if any of course).

@link3710 - And looks to be the first three months of focus. Fe and Flipping Death are both one Spink would love to make physical. Only the latter being within their control.

Paraka

link3710

Yeah, we'll see, but they're launching eShop only at least. And I'd say that's their focus though May at least. We'll probably see June and July announced in February or April (FE and/or Yoshi alongside a Wii U port probably), and August onwards at E3, like usual. Still, we've almost got as many physical releases announced already for 2018 as there are released for the whole of 2017, so it'll be a crazy year.

link3710

Paraka

@link3710 - put it in perspective. As of right now, Nintendo has not released one game for a month on three separate months. That's already impressive.

Paraka

Magic1636

Your not the only one. I prefer having physical copies of the game as well makes feel like I truly own the game if that makes since

Magic1636

Switch Friend Code: SW-7296-5752-0023

link3710

@Paraka I completely agree. The only months without are May 2017, November 2017, and January 2018, and with two more 'spring' titles, April seems almost certainly covered so I'd wager we might not see another month without a first party (published) title until next November. I mean, we've still got Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi this year, so that leaves... only four months without first party published titles, as of now. Combo that with a likely announcement saved for March, two or more for E3, and some more niche titles that are likely to show up (New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon anyone?) and there's a good chance they might manage 12+ first party published titles in a year on the Switch.

link3710

Paraka

November can be argued about Snipperclips, however.

Regardless that is an average of 1.3 games released from Nintendo every month. That's outstanding.

Paraka

link3710

Ah jeez, I totally forgot Snipperclips Plus came out in November, I always remember the original release date.

link3710

Paraka

@link3710 - That is why I said you can technically argue that one. But I benefit people by arguing it doesn't count. Even then that's only three months of no games. Staggered.

But with retail releases in full, it's only two.

Paraka

JasmineDragon

Regarding the Skyrim alt covers that were mentioned a page or two back, my local Gamestop ran out of them but they did give me some nice Skyrim skins for my Switch with the purchase. If there are any big Skyrim fans who haven't bought the Switch version yet, you might want to go to Gamestop soon.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

SVTornado

@JamineDragon those Skyrim alt covers are downloadable from the official elder scrolls website.

SVTornado

MrCIB

SVTornado wrote:

@JamineDragon those Skyrim alt covers are downloadable from the official elder scrolls website.

GameStop versions have embossed art on both covers

MrCIB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic