Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,101 to 7,120 of 11,399

Miadaskate

I picked up RealMyst. My first Switch game in a while (Last LRG I bought was Blossom Tales). I’ve never played Myst before but I always felt it would play better with first person controls. Glad they made a version like this.

Looking forward to the Hotline Miami Collection next month from Special Reserve. That will probably be the next Switch game I buy.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

rumandgore

The latest tweet by Special Reserve Games says that Hotline Miami is going on sale on April 21st, but was previously advertised as April 14th.

rumandgore

yeayeanaynay

Received my copy of Android Cactus in the mail today. Pretty relieved to get it with all the pandemic lock downs in place atm. This game is great btw! One of Super Rares most quality titles yet.

yeayeanaynay

SpaceAce13

@rumandgore i am more than okay with this with all the games out right now and with everything going on. Gives me a little extra time to figure out money for it

Edited on by SpaceAce13

SpaceAce13

Magician

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV LE is open to preorder from NIS America.
https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-c...

P.S. - At long last The Wonderful 101 Remastered is open to preorders at AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086CSWT12

P.P.S. - Preorders for the Switch port / HD Remaster of the DS game Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town have opened on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086LML1R3

P.P.P.S. - As well as preorders for Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars, which was previously only available to preorder at Gamestop.
https://www.amazon.com/Kalypso-Media-Immortal-Realms-Vampire-...

P.P.P.P.S. - Mr. Diller: Encore is available to preorder from either AmazonJP or Play-Asia, and according to the Japanese eShop it supports English.

P.P.P.P.P.S. - A couple interesting bits, John Wick Hex and Doom 64 have been rated for a physical release in Murica.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Those Who Remain has been rated for a physical release in Murica.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection has been rated for a physical release in Murica.

This collection contains SamSho 1 through 5 and 5s, along with the usual extras added by the developer Digital Eclipse (the same dev that handled the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary and the SNK 40th Anniversary). All respect due.

Magician

After being stuck in New York since March 11th, my order for the Vasara collection from SLG is finally on its way to my doorstep. My heart goes out to those living and working in the coastal cities. COVID-19 is making life more difficult there than it is for us Muricans here in the Midwest.

Magician

Mafia II has been rated for a physical release in Korea.

Belexes

Update from Super Rare Games on Humans Fall Flat:

I also wanted to touch on Human: Fall Flat, the very first SRG release. Back in 2017 we signed an exclusive agreement with the Publisher to release the physical version for the Switch. But due to the increasing success of the game we agreed to give them back the physical rights. This decision was an incredibly hard one to make as we recognise the importance of the limited exclusivity of our releases, but ultimately we want to support indie developers and help them maximise the potential revenue from their games. I think we made the right choice.

When we released the game two years ago, it was a popular indie game, and a mass market release didn't make sense for it. Releasing an indie game into retail is near impossible, and this is ultimately why we exist, to make it possible to see your favourite indie games as boxed editions.

Fast forward to present day, and Human: Fall Flat is now one of best selling indie game of all time selling millions of digital copies and 5,000 physical copies. To put it in perspective, we estimate it has almost sold as many as Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Now to answer why we gave the rights back, by not allowing the developer to release it as a global physical release, we are not allowing the game to fulfil its potential. We are directly stopping him (it was made by one guy) from making money from a mass-market release. This money will allow him to make bigger and better games, and grow his studio. At the end of the day, we exist to benefit indie game developers, and in this rare situation, we are actually hindering the potential of the game, and we did not feel comfortable about that.

The other versions that come out will have different artwork, be a different version of the game entirely, mainly focusing on the online content of the game.

I expect some backlash from this decision, but as mentioned, we think this is the correct choice on this one-off. Whilst we always focus on ourselves, all the other major limited print companies have had reprints of their games from other publishers. So thats important to keep in mind.

And to finally answer the most important thing people will ask, no, this is not expected to happen again. We remain focused on what we do, and being truly limited-print is one of our USP's. This is a very, very bizarre and unique situation where over the course of two years, a game has skyrocketed to insane popularity. We sign our games exclusively and this won't change.

There will only ever be 5,000 copies of the Super Rare Human: Fall Flat game.

Apologies for the rant, and I hope you understand. As a 21 year old who just loves indie games, I could never live with myself if I was the direct reason why a game didn't reach the best place it can.

Belexes

Paraka

@Belexes - This move alone should be putting SRG on the map. LRG does something similar here as well.

SRG #01 will become increasingly more desirable for collectors.

Paraka

Magician

Preorders for Black Bird via LRG open Friday.

SpaceAce13

@Magician shoot em ups are probably my favorite gaming genre... but I’m not so sure about this one based on the trailer.

SpaceAce13

Magician

Preorders for the western release of Clannad via LRG open April 14th.

Edited on by Magician

SpaceAce13

The Sexy Brutale is confirmed as the next release by super rare. There is a collectors edition available as well, but no 3 pack listed on their store yet. Any chance this isn’t included in the next 3 pack for some reason?

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic