Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,541 to 6,560 of 6,716

Miadaskate

Yeah Strictly Limited is pretty meh. I’ve only liked two or three of their releases.

I find Special Reserve to be better than LRG. You get more for your money.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Death Stranding
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

I think I’m gonna skip on River City Girls. At least for now. Best Buy is going to do a run at some point. If I want it, I’ll get it then. Their cover art is better for it, anyway.

I do want Sayonara Wild Hearts though. I wish I could see how much is left in stock before I buy. Wondering if I can hold out longer.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Death Stranding
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Paraka

Missed out on the Special Reserve boutique of Gungeon. Looks like Best Buy is where I will pick it up.

Paraka

Magician

Strictly Limited, like the other boutique publishers, have had their peaks and valleys in regards to the quality of games they've been publishing. R-Type Dimensions and Velocity 2X are award-winners, but Fox'n'Forests and Raging Justice are average at best. Although Door Kicker may not appear to be a first-class game at a glance, it does have a 9/10 rating after 5,000+ reviews on Steam.

Don't be too quick to judge

Switch Physical Collection - 458 games (as of November 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) SAO: Lost Song (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Belexes

Magician wrote:

Although Door Kicker may not appear to be a first-class game at a glance, it does have a 9/10 rating after 5,000+ reviews on Steam.

Don't be too quick to judge

I am a buyer of this one. You can't paint such broad brush strokes based on the publisher. There will be good, there will be bad. I pick and choose based on title.

Belexes

Paraka

@Magician - I feel like it's the pixel fatigue thing over indies.

For me I like games that can animate more smoothly, so things from SNES onward I have no problem with. But when you get things like this and Tiny Barbarian, as fun as they are, I feel... exhausted for a lack of a better word.

Paraka

Magician

If you live in Murica or Canada, then welcome the newest addition to the boutique Switch publishing club, Video Games New York. Unlike Warned Collectors, VGNY has been in business for quite some time. Their first offering, Gigantic Army, is now open to preorder. Limited to 1,500 pieces, shipping to North America and Canada only unfortunately.

Gigantic Army is also receiving limited releases in Europe and Asia. You can order the Asia version from Play-Asia now, and I assume you'll have to order the European version straight from the publisher PixelHeart although I don't see a page created for the game yet. According to PixelHeart, the game will receive only one print.

All respect due to JP Switchmania and Limited Game News, for without whom I would have otherwise missed this release.

(Europe) https://www.pixelheart.eu/
(Asia) https://www.play-asia.com/gigantic-army-multi-language-japan-...
(North America/Canada) https://www.vgnysoft.com/product-page/gigantic-army-nintendo-...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

tighecg

Magician wrote:

If you live in Murica or Canada, then welcome the newest addition to the boutique Switch publishing club, Video Games New York.

fml

tighecg

catsnpizzas

Video Games New York is a great shop, so I'll put my trust in this release.

catsnpizzas

Magician

I can't remember if I mentioned this already or not, but the Aksys Games online store has opened preorders for Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late.
https://store.aksysgames.com/products/pre-order-under-night-i...

leerafuse

Magician wrote:

If you live in Murica or Canada, then welcome the newest addition to the boutique Switch publishing club, Video Games New York. Unlike Warned Collectors, VGNY has been in business for quite some time. Their first offering, Gigantic Army, is now open to preorder. Limited to 1,500 pieces, shipping to North America and Canada only unfortunately.

Gigantic Army is also receiving limited releases in Europe and Asia. You can order the Asia version from Play-Asia now, and I assume you'll have to order the European version straight from the publisher PixelHeart although I don't see a page created for the game yet. According to PixelHeart, the game will receive only one print.

All respect due to JP Switchmania and Limited Game News, for without whom I would have otherwise missed this release.

(Europe) https://www.pixelheart.eu/
(Asia) https://www.play-asia.com/gigantic-army-multi-language-japan-...
(North America/Canada) https://www.vgnysoft.com/product-page/gigantic-army-nintendo-...

The site won't let you order if you are from Canada. If you are in Canada you have to order through videogamesplus.ca Just a heads up to fellow Canadians.

412 Switch games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
130 NES games... and counting...

SW-5222-8583-6229

Solomon18

wow the Trine trilogy is going for big bucks on Ebay. I think I just be content with #4 n be done with it.
Gekido has finally shipped!

Solomon18

JasmineDragon

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of Ori and the Blind Forest getting a physical release? I definitely want the game but would really prefer physical for it if there's going to be one.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Magician

JasmineDragon wrote:

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of Ori and the Blind Forest getting a physical release? I definitely want the game but would really prefer physical for it if there's going to be one.

Nothing officially announced yet. But since we got one for Minecraft and two more on their way (Minecraft Dungeons and Cuphead), I think it's fair to assume Ori will get a physical release as well.

Xyphon22

I've been wondering, is there somewhere that has a list of physical Switch games that are actually readily available to purchase? So not including games from like Super Rare and the like that were in limited stock and now impossible to get except maybe for over $100 on eBay? I prefer physical, but it is hard to remember what games are actually offered physically since so many get the physical treatment long after they have been put on the eShop.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

@Xyphon22
Not that I'm aware of, since games with wide releases tend to be easier to find.
I was going to link to Nintendo.com with a search for Switch games at retail, but it had things like Transistor by LRG.
My recommendation is just to browse Amazon, Gamestop, shop4megastore, and PlayAsia.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Fire Emblem Fates
Switch: Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, Witcher 3
PS3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
PS4: Code Vein
PC: Total War Warhammer II
DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Belexes

^ Best Buy is another good source as well and they include the LRG retail games as well.

Belexes

Magician

Psikyo Shooter Collections Alpha and Bravo are up on AmazonNA.

La-Mulana 1+2 as well.

Solomon18

another one from LRG! pre orders for Thea the awakening open on 1st Oct. thats tomorrow. are lrg starting to over do it?

Edited on by Solomon18

Solomon18

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic