Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,481 to 6,500 of 11,393

Belexes

Magician wrote:

@Belexes - I'm quickly growing tired of all these game updates being re-released in physical form. Rocket League, Warriors Orochi, Attack on Titan 2, BlazBlue CTB, etc. Unless it's a game I truly love from a developer I want to support, I despise owning multiple copies of any particular game.

They are preying on us collectors - but no one is putting a gun to our heads. I may give the new Grip reconsideration unless it is released in NA. I am trying to build a NA only collection and deviate when I need to because a game I want is only available overseas physically. (and has an English option)

Belexes

Magician

Deadly Premonition Origins CE is open to preorder at AmazonNA.

Just...keep in mind that this arguably one of the most awesomely-bad games ever, and that this collector edition is available from multiple sources across multiple regions. I think your $50 would be better spent elsewhere, but hey...collectors gotta collect. I understand.
https://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Premonition-Origins-Nintendo-Sw...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Nintendosoup reports that Mistover will get a physical release in Japan and Korea.

We'll probably see a preorder page added to Play-Asia soon.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

leerafuse

Sayonara Wild Hearts is up for order on iam8bit.com Limited to 5000 copies.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Magician

leerafuse wrote:

Sayonara Wild Hearts is up for order on iam8bit.com Limited to 5000 copies.

Dope.

Now we just need What Remains of Edith Finch, Grim Fandango, and Hyper Light Drifter.

yeayeanaynay

Sparklite hitting shelves on Nov 14. (game looks awesome!)

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Special Reserve pre order window for Gungeon close on 24 Sep. Srg announced unapologetically that the first 3000 orders now wont ship until Oct and not the promised September schedule. All good but it's funny the difference between Red Art n Srg. When Gekido was delayed Red art offered a 5$ discount voucher with the message "sorry" attached to it. While Srg bluntly inform us and that's about it. Red art are up n coming, not a quite a success story yet and can't afford to burn growing customer relations. Srg on the other hand..

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

@Anti-Matter doesn't bother me if they are bundled. but if you already downloaded one n not the other I can understand. but really a triple pack would make more sense.

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

@Solomon 18 The fact VII and VIII are bundled actually makes it a lot more tempting to me, as I've never played either. I'm still not for sure sold, as without nostalgia glasses VII does not look good IMO, but this puts it on my radar.
Now we cross our fingers that both games are completely on the cart.

@Magician Don't get my hopes up like that. I've been hoping for a Hyper Light Drifter Physical on Switch since I missed the PS4 iam8bit release. Grim Fandango would also be a buy.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

yeayeanaynay

@Avatar40k ff7 is my childhood. a lot of it's mechanics are now archaic but the story n characters never get old. n it's materia/magic system holds up well today. it's def worth a play through.

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

YES!!!!!! physical FFVII & VIII
https://nintendoeverything.com/final-fantasy-vii-and-final-fa...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the hypest thing that ever hyped. FFVII left the N64 because of the cartridge format back in '95. To have Final Fantasy VII on a cartridge on a Nintendo platform again feels right. The story has at last come full circle. It took nearly twenty-five years to get there but here we are.

yeayeanaynay

@Magician I know right? I traded my megadrive n 20+ games to have a ps1 with ff7 n it lived up to the hype n just blew me away at the time. It used to take 7 discs to play these game! But I suppose you have to live through the moment to understand just how awesome all this is.

yeayeanaynay

Meatball2112

Anyone’s Trine 1-3 available at GameStop today?

Meatball2112

Magician

Meatball2112 wrote:

Anyone’s Trine 1-3 available at GameStop today?

I intend to grab that along with my Link's Awakening preorder later today. I'll let you know if it arrived. My local Gamestop has had a bad habit of failing to deliver day-and-date preorders due to distribution issues in the past, so I've steadily ordered from them less often. Hopefully it came.

Paraka

@Magician - It's weirdly euphoric. And this is coming from a man who actually hated FF7. I played it, beat it and still just hoped there was something more of FF6 there. There wasn't.

That being said, it's just... what a weird time. After all these years, this... this game, as aged as it is, is the most notable release to be seen on Nintendo's system. This is big.

Paraka

Miadaskate

My Link’s Awakening Dreamer Edition from Target is backordered. I hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

I forgot Untitled Goose Game comes out today. I hope it gets a physical release down the road.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - It's weirdly euphoric. And this is coming from a man who actually hated FF7. I played it, beat it and still just hoped there was something more of FF6 there. There wasn't.

That being said, it's just... what a weird time. After all these years, this... this game, as aged as it is, is the most notable release to be seen on Nintendo's system. This is big.

I'm in the same boat. I don't hold FFVII in the same regard as some other FF fans do. Graphically, its aged the worst in the series. Musically, I believe this is Uematsu at his most experimental. Overall in the series, VII lands somewhere in the middle in regards to my personal nostalgia. I still regard IV, VI, and XIII more highly.

That said, VII is the series landmark. Cloud is arguably the most recognized Final Fantasy character. It's the best selling console FF game of all-time (although X is slowly catching up thanks to the trend of re-releases). There's little debate over why Square Enix chose to remake VII rather than start from the beginning.

Oddly enough, simply having a Nintendo branded boxed copy of FFVII sitting on my shelf is somehow more significant than playing the game itself. What a wonderful yet weird time we live in.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic