Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,341 to 6,360 of 11,365

Paraka

@Miadaskate - When my house is done being fixed from the flood I will be addressing this as well. Got Okami, MMX Legacy 1 and 2, Beat Em Bundle, and will be working on RA's releases.

Paraka

Magician

Capcom has confirmed a physical release for Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection.

P.S. - Minecraft Dungeons has been rated for a physical release.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

@baller98 Thanks for pointing this out. I found an article on the Hollow Knight reddit that explains what happened and that, for at least one user, they're offering exchanges of the cards if you purchased through them.
In case anyone else is confused, the first run of the game does include the final DLC, it's just a patch, instead of included on the card. Personally this isn't a huge deal for me, as I was OK with things like The Banner Saga Trilogy's physical release, but it is space on my switch being taken so I'll pursue getting an updated cart.
I'll let y'all know how it goes. Cheers!

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Magician

So I've quietly folded the physical watchlist thread. Updating and maintaining the thread became more effort than it was worth as the rate of physical releases for the Switch has continued to steadily increase. Less than three years into the Switch's life and there are already over six hundred physical releases, if you collect games across every region and order from most of the boutique publishers. That's already more than the 3DS got in it's entire eight year lifespan.

It's the Wii all over again.

We're looking at 800+ physical releases before the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett even arrive, never mind the next couple or few years after that.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

@Magician I noticed. shame, it was big help. but understandable.

You know things are getting out of hand when Youtubers are making "quit Switch collecting" videos.

Paraka

@Magician - What's really funny though is I felt Switch was going to be that era I have a chance to do a bucket list check, which was to collect every game for a system. Since the Wii U struggled and Switch had a more reliable source for the game (avoided bit rot), figured now is a good time more than ever. Never... Never have I thought it was going to be this crazy. All the bonuses and saved moneys from apps, sales and budgeting for 3 years are depleted. I refocused, of course, cause I do not think I will get another chance like this again.

Which makes me furious at younger self for trying to prove to my mother about handling funds during the GCN era. I was almost there, that last year I stopped all together. Missed out on RE4, PN03, Twilight Princess... a whole slew of stuff. And trying to chase after the remains is as pricey as just investing in the Switch for less games. Quite the conundrum.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka I can honestly say I have never owned so many games for any one system. I have absolutely no idea how collectors can do it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Paraka

@GrailUK - I grew up with figure collectors. You note patterns and releases quickly. And when to capitalize on price drops.

Also, some like me use various apps, like Shopkick and Ibotta, to helps save and stimulate additional funds. Works for me since I am always on the road for it, saved 300 dollars for game spending among them when Switch released.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Sounds like I'm missing a trick!

Paraka

@GrailUK - Well one thing I can say is almost all first party game remain the same price for years, and often you can find them anywhere. There is VERY few exceptions.

Third parties often focus on first month sales overall, because the investors like seeing immediate return on their investments. Because of this, it usually drops 10 dollars after the first month and withing the next three drop to value bins for most releases. You can time this where you live (since I don't know store habits in UK sadly) and that cam save you a TON of money moving in on annual releases at the right time.

Most US stores also "reset" their layout every six months. So a handful of titles are often put into a clearance bin to get them out of their inventory.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Hehe, that might actually make a good YouTube series. A weekly release schedule broken down in to 'buy now' and 'hold off' lol.

Paraka

@GrailUK - There has been talks with a friend of mine about my perspective in business may actually be good for videos. Never really took him up on the offer..

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Well it would certainly be more interesting than the echo chamber most channels are.

Paraka

@GrailUK - I will consider it. Though I wouldn't say it's an echo chamber, but yeah the video game material out there all parrot the same things.

EDIT: Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is coming in December retail.

Along with a teaser of a new game, Shovel Knight Dig.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Hmm, if anyone is interested in the upcoming games Fishing Star World Tour, Spirit Hunter NG, Ghost Parade, and/or Waku Sweets, shopping directly from the Aksys online store will take 20% off the msrp straight away.
https://store.aksysgames.com/

P.S. - I was updating my AmazonES list and noticed Slay the Spire. I can't remember if that was previously mentioned or not.
https://www.amazon.es/U-I-Entertainment-Slay-Spire/dp/B07TNS85FR

Edited on by Magician

Magician

From AmazonES yesterday to AmazonNA today, Slay the Spire is open to preorder.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X48NT36

P.S. - So is Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X35GXG3

P.P.S. - Along with Street Outlaws: The List (It's a Murican TV series about "illegal" street racing.)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTHWTY5

Edited on by Magician

Magician

I knew someone would pick up La-Mulana 2 to release in North America.

La-Mulana 1 & 2 Hidden Treasures Edition is open to preorder at NIS America.
https://store.nisamerica.com/la-mulana-1-2-hidden-treasures-e...

P.S. - I also just got my shipping notice for The Messenger from Special Reserve.

Edited on by Magician

This may have already been mentioned, but Everspace is finally listed on AmazonNA for pre-order.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRFMJFK/ref=sr_1_96?qid=15671307...

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic