Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 6,338

Magician

Released digitally back in January via Idea Factory, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force has been rated for a physical release in North America.

Switch Physical Collection - 387 games (as of August 23rd, 2019)
Currently playing: OPUS Collection (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Two Switch games from LRG next week Rogue Legacy and Double Switch.

With the end of Vita releases from LRG, I wonder if this is the beginning of four Switch games every month instead of the usual two? Or perhaps three, with a second Switch game every other two weeks?

Edited on by Magician

Currently playing: OPUS Collection (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Two Switch games from LRG next week Rogue Legacy and Double Switch.

With the end of Vita releases from LRG, I wonder if this is the beginning of four Switch games every month instead of the usual two? Or perhaps three, with a second Switch game every other two weeks?

I sure hope not. I wouldn’t be able to handle that.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

tighecg wrote:

Did anyone get Umihara Kawase Fresh! from anywhere other than the Nicalis store? Does it have a sticker on the outer wrap? The Nicalis store comes in a SFC style box, I think I would prefer a sticker version to match the rest of the games.

I got the box from the Nicalis store and I kinda regret doing so. I think I’d rather have the non-store one. The box isn’t great quality. When you open the box, the game case is inside, already opened. However....and this is the weird part. The game case opens to no manual, and no cartridge. Behind the game case, is a piece of plastic that holds the manual and cartridge so you can put them in the case.

........Yeah. I don’t know what that’s all about.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

catsnpizzas

@Miadaskate Umihara Kawase was originally a Super Famicom game. This packaging is a replica of Super Famicom boxes, which used a clear plastic tray in which the game cartridge sat, typically with the manual on top of it.

catsnpizzas

Miadaskate

catsnpizzas wrote:

@Miadaskate Umihara Kawase was originally a Super Famicom game. This packaging is a replica of Super Famicom boxes, which used a clear plastic tray in which the game cartridge sat, typically with the manual on top of it.

Ah. See; I thought only the box was Super Famicom inspired. Obviously, I’m not very familiar with the Famicom / Super Famicom at all.

Currently Playing :

Paraka

Well, after all this time Play-Asia finally did me dirty. Pre-ordered FFX/X2 months and months ago, they couldn't find an Asian cover and offered the Chinese, agreement was made and I confirmed the order. Today I checked my orders and.... FFX/X2 is nowhere to be found. And the order it was supposedly on shipped with JUST the other game.

And now I have a frantic scramble to find a place I can import the Asian version of the game. Pretty bitter.

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

Well, after all this time Play-Asia finally did me dirty.

That's unfortunate, Paraka. It sucks that it happened. I recently had a similar experience though not as tragic. I ordered a Japanese copy of Chocobo Mystery Dungeon and instead they sent me a copy of Girls Und Panzer multi-language, lol. It's as though there's a weird disconnect between their ordering center and their distribution center.

In any case, do you insist on a SE Asia version of FFX/X2?

The Japanese version is just the same, sans the cover art.

Paraka

@Magician - Unfortunately the JP version is split digitally, just like out western releases. SEA had both on cart. Nin-Nin and NintendoSoup are also showing unavailability for it as well.

Cover is negligible since I am remaking many of them to be in English.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - Unfortunately the JP version is split digitally, just like out western releases.

Who told you that lie?

North America and Europe releases are 50/50 physical and download, while Japan and Asia releases are all on one cartridge.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Apparently it was a unanimous PSA on the NSCollectors Reddit, more than one made this claim. Figured after the whole first wave went silent, I assumed it was safe to say these were right.

If this news is different, then I will find a JP import. Thanks for a better clarification.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Apparently 1st Press Games is now doing a Collector’s Edition for A Hole New World, which is annoying for anyone who already bought the standard version.

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Apparently 1st Press Games is now doing a Collector’s Edition for A Hole New World, which is annoying for anyone who already bought the standard version.

Not sure why. At the bottom of the webpage for the triple pack preorder it mentions 2500 additional standard editions and 1000 collector editions would be made available at a later date. I'm fairly sure FPG mentioned it in a twitter post as well, before the triple pack preorder went live.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Not sure why. At the bottom of the webpage for the triple pack preorder it mentions 2500 additional standard editions and 1000 collector editions would be made available at a later date. I'm fairly sure FPG mentioned it in a twitter post as well, before the triple pack preorder went live.

You wouldn’t be annoyed that you bought a standard edition, only for them to release a collector’s edition at a later date? I mean; I’m not big on collector’s editions, but that had to bother some people.

Well, it’s the first I’m hearing of it. They sent a very lengthy and detailed email yesterday. Tl; dr.

Not that I care either way; I’m not buying any of those games, but I just thought people might want to know. But apparently everyone already does...

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Anti-Matter

@Paraka
Psst...
FF X/X-2 Asia English version came with 2 games in English + Tidus and Yuna as the cover like PS4 version.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

You wouldn’t be annoyed that you bought a standard edition, only for them to release a collector’s edition at a later date?

Me personally? No. If I had bought a standard edition for a game, and a collectors edition were made available later I would pawn off or give away the standard edition in favor of the collectors edition. But only if I really love the game. I did that with Owlboy. But if it's a mediocre game (like Castle of Hearts) I would be content with just having a standard edition.

However, in this case the collectors editions for the Switch games being released by FPG were announced in advance. In my opinion, the only folks who should be upset by this are those who failed to read the fine print. Although, to be fair, FPG should have created pages on their website reinforcing the fact that preorders for collector editions would be coming eventually.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Space Invaders: Invincible Collection is open to preorder at Play-Asia. There's also an uber-edition for $160+, which I think is cray cray. Some might even scoff at the the asking price for the standard edition, $50. But I'd argue that Space Invaders Extreme alone might be worth it.
https://www.play-asia.com/space-invaders-invincible-collectio...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Here's a tough call. We know that the Samurai Shodown remake is headed to Switch eventually. The question is, which edition would you prefer? (Assuming the Switch version will get the same options.)

An official case and softback artbook.

or

A lesser box with a nice, hardback artbook.

Edited on by Magician

Aurumonado

@Magician I wish the activision space invaders was included

"The key to achieving this goal is found in our three core values – originality, flexibility and sincerity – which we define as Nintendo DNA." - Iwata Satoru, 2015

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic