Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,961 to 5,980 of 11,397

Magician

Belexes wrote:

Has anyone seen if the Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be 100% physical outside of NA? Looks like the box art for the NA version states there is a download component.

I doubt it considering even PS4 and Xbone versions have mandatory downloads.

Even a 32GB cartridge wouldn't save the Switch version.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Magician
Even Spyro trilogy Remaster still have mandatory download from internet for PS4 / Xbox One version ??
Gosh.....

Anti-Matter

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Magician
Even Spyro trilogy Remaster still have mandatory download from internet for PS4 / Xbox One version ??
Gosh.....

It's a 70GB game on those platforms, each version with a 30GB download for the third game.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Magician
So, 40 from Blu Ray + 30 from download = 70 GB ?

Yeah, single-layer bluray discs top out at 50GB. Any current-gen physical release on Sony or MS platforms with a file size bigger than 50GB has a day-one mandatory download. I'm surprised next-gen platforms like PS5 and Xbox Two are still allowing physical media. Most "big" games are 100GB or more these days, which is only going to get worse once we get to 8k visuals as standard.

We're going to get to a point where internet data caps will only allow you to purchase a couple or few games every year.

Paraka

@Magician - Another reason I cannot enjoy the ride of the gaming's "power pissing contest" Microsoft and Sony are having. Less games, longer development cycles, larger download sizes, expensive price points, predatory post-launch transactions, now... add restrictive data limits will come crashing down on so many.

Thank God for Nintendo's mellow pacing and especially indie development scene. May have left long ago.

Paraka

Miadaskate

I can’t remember if this has already been mentioned, but Children of Morta will be getting a physical release late Summer from Signature Edition. Not sure if just a standard or if it will get the Signature Edition treatment, but I’m sure more info will be coming once it gets closer to releasing.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

Super Rare has just announced The Gardens Between, coming soon. I’ve been waiting for this one. This will be my first Super Rare purchase in quite a while.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Arbor

should i be worried? i ordered tj&e together with bomb chicken. according to LRG’s site bomb chicken is done shipping and tj&e has started shipping, so i should be getting an email soon, right??

Arbor

Belexes

@Arbor Do not be worried - you will received tj&e and bomb chicken together when tj&e is ready. I already received my bomb chicken.

Belexes

Miadaskate

Arbor wrote:

should i be worried? i ordered tj&e together with bomb chicken. according to LRG’s site bomb chicken is done shipping and tj&e has started shipping, so i should be getting an email soon, right??

I received both of mine. I’d send them an email.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Trine Series 1-3 is getting a physical release exclusively at GameStop. Which is annoying, because there is a Trine 4.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

We’ve hit page # 300! Wow! Here’s to many more!

Currently Playing :

Magician

Just a warning to anyone who has considered importing La-Mulana 2.

The Japanese release does not support English.

P.S. - Some curious things being listed at Gamefly, possible physical releases for...

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin
Trials of Mana Remake
Rune Factory 4 HD
Hero Land
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
Burger Time Party

Although none of these possible physical releases have been officially confirmed yet.

P.P.S. - A physical release confirmed for New Super Lucky's Tale.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Nicalis is teasing Ikaruga. I know many of you here have been waiting for that. Signing up for their newsletter gets you a 15% off code.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nicalis/status/1139563194387767297...

Untitled

Miadaskate

lol.

Currently Playing :

Belexes

@Magician I was going to import La-Mulana 2. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like there may be a NA version, but unknown when it will be released. I'll take any version with English.

@Miadaskate Finally! Ikaruga. And I was very close to caving and buying it digitally.

Belexes

Magician

My goodness, it appears as though Amazon NA has sold through their preorders for Collection of Mana?

If Square Enix insists this physical release is limited they may be leaving money on the table.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic