Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,521 to 5,540 of 11,398

Anti-Matter

@Magician
(Looked at Earthlock will be released in physical by Super Rare Games)
OMG...!!! 😮😮😮😀😀😀

Anti-Matter

Paraka

@Magician - "At this time."

Going to be honest, it has been a pretty high rate of coming from some level of physical when an indie makes this statement. Would not be surprised if we see something by Fall.

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - "At this time."

Going to be honest, it has been a pretty high rate of coming from some level of physical when an indie makes this statement. Would not be surprised if we see something by Fall.

Normally I'd agree. However, Ninja Theory is now a first party Microsoft developer. The Switch release for Hellblade was probably finalized before the ink was dry on the Ninja Theory and MS deal. It'll be up to MS whether or not Hellblade gets a physical release down the road on Switch.

Although, MS and Nintendo's relationship is very buddy-buddy at the moment. Minecraft achievements on Switch, Cuphead physical release, Ori and the Blind Forrest seemingly on its way, etc. I won't rule out the possibility of a Hellblade physical release eventually happening, but you understand that I have doubts. But I do hope publisher 505 Games is talking to MS about it, since they published the PS4 physical release.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Xyphon22

Is Super Rare Games one that only makes like 4000 copies, or are they easier to come by and in stores like Yooka--Laylee? I really want Rive and Earthlock, but I'm not jumping through hoops in order pay three times what they cost on the eShop.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Magician

Xyphon22 wrote:

Is Super Rare Games one that only makes like 4000 copies, or are they easier to come by and in stores like Yooka--Laylee? I really want Rive and Earthlock, but I'm not jumping through hoops in order pay three times what they cost on the eShop.

That's correct, SRG usually only does one print run with 4k-5k pieces. Their most recent release, Lone Wolf, sold out in less than a couple hours (batch one did anyway, batch two opens next week). So if you want a physical copy of Rive and Earthlock from them you'll really have to be dialed in to their social network, to know the minute when sales go live.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Arbor

does anyone have an idea as to when best buy will get celeste? i know limited run says it’ll be after their copies ship, but they got super meat boy first so i’m just curious.

Arbor

Belexes

Arbor wrote:

does anyone have an idea as to when best buy will get celeste? i know limited run says it’ll be after their copies ship, but they got super meat boy first so i’m just curious.

Super Meat Boy was the rare instance where BB got it first. LRG stated that usually their orders will ship first before BB gets their supply. I ordered via LRG (with 2 other game) and their latest production update is "hoping to ship in May."

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Miadaskate

Is it just me, or do those 6 games announced by SRG seem mediocre at best? If anything, I’d get Toki Tori I guess, but none of those other titles really interest me at all.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Is it just me, or do those 6 games announced by SRG seem mediocre at best? If anything, I’d get Toki Tori I guess, but none of those other titles really interest me at all.

Sorry my friend, I can't agree. I would even argue that these recently announced games are among SRG's finest choices. However, it has been a great day, and so I'm in no mood to argue.

P.S. - Nippon Marathon is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/nippon-m...

P.P.S. - Valthirian Arc Hero School Story is open to preorder a
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/valthiri...

P.P.P.S. - God Eater 3 is open to preorder at Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/GOD-EATER-3-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07QL31VHL

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Magician
Where is link for Valthirian Arc Hero for Switch ?

My apologies. My previous post is updated with the proper link. Thanks for pointing that out.

Paraka

Miadaskate wrote:

Going to side with Magician on this one. Toki Tori and Rive ALONE makes SRG look much more promising than LRG has been this year.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

So how will toki tori work? It looks like they’re counting it as two games... but it’s on 1 cart. Will that one game count as two when you get the three pack?

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Sorry my friend, I can't agree. I would even argue that these recently announced games are among SRG's finest choices. However, it has been a great day, and so I'm in no mood to argue.

For me, Special Reserve’s upcoming set of games look much more interesting than any of those SRG games.

Clearly you and I have very, VERY different tastes.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

Going to side with Magician on this one. Toki Tori and Rive ALONE makes SRG look much more promising than LRG has been this year.

lol, no. I mean Toki Tori looks alright. Kind of a low budget platformer, to be honest. If I get any of those SRG games, it’ll probably be that. Rive looks headache-inducing.

Those SRG games look more promising than BloodStained, Bomb Chicken, Toejam & Earl, Windjammers, Super Meat Boy, Celeste, etc??? Hell; Celeste alone beats those 6 that SRG announced!!! You know, the winner for Best Independent Game of the Year?

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

So how will toki tori work? It looks like they’re counting it as two games... but it’s on 1 cart. Will that one game count as two when you get the three pack?

It’ll count as one game.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Ugh; looks as if another company is entering the Physical Switch realm :

First Press Games.

🤦‍♂️

Currently Playing :

Belexes

Paraka wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Toki Tori and Rive (same developer) are the ones I am looking forward to picking up the most out of the latest press release. I hope SRG releases them both at the same time.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Miadaskate

Belexes wrote:

Toki Tori and Rive (same developer) are the ones I am looking forward to picking up the most out of the latest press release. I hope SRG releases them both at the same time.

Never would have guessed those two games were from the same developer!

Currently Playing :

yeayeanaynay

@Miadaskate whats up with srg's line up? is there not enough bouncing girly parts for you? haha although yeah lrg are in front this year in my book in regards to quality titles. they releasing 2 games a month compared to srg who only release one so its no surprise they have more quality on offer..

yeayeanaynay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic