Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,281 to 5,300 of 5,820

Magician

@Avatar40k - alright today's Japanese eShop update says FF XII does support English.

Switch Physical Collection - 334 games (as of May 24th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

GrailUK

@Magician I wonder if Limited Run or someone could get a contract to release the games.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Miadaskate

Just got my Shantae ship notification.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

rumandgore

I got shipping notifications for Pixeljunk and Shantae.

rumandgore

DoomTurtle

I got an email from Play-Asia that the Final Fantasy X & X-2 set will now be together on one cartridge and not two. They updated their listing to say this.

Edited on by DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

BryanS

@DoomTurtle it can be done but everywhere else gets one game and a dl code. I am concerned there might be a sacrifice of quality to achieve this.

Downloadable web page of all physical switch games I can find so far.
Updated Feb 16, 2019
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evebru3xl4sms7r/AAAmPfADunWojFZAOzKBzMcJa?dl=0

@BryanS I don't think they'd alter the game to fit it on a card. They could, but I don't think they would. I think it's more likely that they're going for bigger cartridges in Asia. However, I think it's most likely that it will be similar to how the Banner Saga trilogy did it. Where ownership for both games is on the card, and they both require it, but there's a "patch" to grab everything they couldn't fit.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Pokemon Ultra Moon
PS4: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PS3: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
PC: Shadowrun Hong Kong
Switch: DS: GBA:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Paraka

@Avatar40k - Wait, Banner Saga Trilogy cannot be played without a download for the third?

Paraka

@Paraka All three games are mostly on the cartridge and under a single app entry, but I believe 2 and 3 require a download to work. Hence the big "requires internet connection" on the front of the box. It's done like any other patch or update. I just checked my storage and the game takes up 4.3 gigs.
I know some people are bothered by that, but I much prefer it over getting a code, because I can lend the Banner Saga to a friend and they can download and play it, unlike the forever gone copy of Bayonetta.
Also, Doom takes 8.3 gigs, Xenoblade 2 takes 3.9 gigs, and Breath of the Wild takes 2.2 gigs. I do miss the days of just popping a disc in and playing.

Edit: I did not try launching the game without the download installed. So I do not know if it functions without it, or just limits it. I'm willing to uninstall the patch and try if you want.

Edited on by Avatar40k

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Pokemon Ultra Moon
PS4: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PS3: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
PC: Shadowrun Hong Kong
Switch: DS: GBA:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Paraka

@Avatar40k - That killed the game entirely though. Cause it would render "unlendable" to said friend if you ever chose to do so if they don't have an internet connection currently, or the Switch becomes no longer supported. Both scenarios would require the download to already been in place.

I do not wish for you to make special exercises for any of us here, eventually I will get it on a sale and test it myself. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when companies practice literal destruction of my own license to play the games after the industry moves on.

Imagine Smash Bros Melee doing this and your mem card got deleted.

Paraka

leerafuse

Warned Collectors updated their shipping dates #1 Pankapu is Apr 24 and #2 Dungeon Rushers is May 15.

Also upcoming releases from them are Shift Quantum, Zombie Night Terror, Shape Of The World, Furi, and Evoland 1 & 2. Doesnt say what system which game is for though yet.

314 Switch games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
126 NES games... and counting...

hirokun

leerafuse wrote:

Warned Collectors updated their shipping dates #1 Pankapu is Apr 24 and #2 Dungeon Rushers is May 15.

Also upcoming releases from them are Shift Quantum, Zombie Night Terror, Shape Of The World, Furi, and Evoland 1 & 2. Doesnt say what system which game is for though yet.

another boutique publisher? Dungeon rushers is just a mobile game sooo hard pass there.

But I can say that Furi was already released through LRG.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

GrailUK

@hirokun I think I read somewhere that Furi is getting quite a large expansion which will be included in the 'ultimate edition' (or something).

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Miadaskate

Saints Row The Third out physically May 10th.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

leerafuse

GrailUK wrote:

@hirokun I think I read somewhere that Furi is getting quite a large expansion which will be included in the 'ultimate edition' (or something).

"Furi: Guardian Edition" is what Warned Collectors is calling it.

These "boutique publishers" are what I have been following/collecting the most so far. Other publishers coming out soon are "Special Reserve Games" and "Red Art Games"

Edited on by leerafuse

N64 games.. completed!!

hirokun

leerafuse wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

"Furi: Gaurdian Edition" is what Warned Collectors is calling it.

These "boutique publishers" are what I have been following/collecting the most so far. Other publishers coming out soon are "Special Reserve Games" and "Red Art Games"

oh interesting. I guess it will be different then. Keep me up to date on special reserve and red art. I know special reserve has worked with LRG, but man their stuff is super nice for the Playstation. Its insane. Can't wait to see what they do.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

leerafuse

Finally Dust and Yooka from LRG has shipped. The past month they have shipped Battle Chef, West of Loathing, Pixel, Shantae now these 2. Heard Outlast 1 and 2 are shipping as well. LRG stepping it up!

N64 games.. completed!!

Magician

Blazing Chrome has been rated for a physical release.

Switch Physical Collection - 334 games (as of May 24th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic