Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 11,365

yeayeanaynay

@leerafuse bummer. I already ordered it so will double dip if west has better option. cheers for the info

yeayeanaynay

Magician

So I'm super depressed. I got the Atelier Arland trilogy collectors box from Play-Asia, and saved it for Christmas. Well, unlike Okami HD and I Am Setsuna, the games don't play in English. So a $100+ Collectors set that I have opened and can't play. Not to mention everything I thought I understood about foreign releases and how they work on American Switches going out the window... Bah. I thought that if the game was released digitally in the west but physical was restricted to Japan, we could buy the physical and play in English. There's no Nintendo Rewards or DLC because the cards are the wrong region, but with remasters and indie games it doesn't make a difference.

Most of the Japanese releases don't support English, only a certain few do.

I suggest you create a second account on your Switch with Japan as your country of origin, that way you can visit the Japanese eShop and see which games support English.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician @Avatar40k - To add to that you can go to r/NSCollectors on reddit and skulk about there to fine definitive answers to some of your import questions. Knowing this already, if anyone is interested in importing the Peach Ball Senran Kagura game and you don't know a lick of Japanese; Don't. It's exclusively Japanese.

EDIT; Forgot the reason I was here to begin with. Supposedly the first quarter of LRG's release list looks to be hurtin' my wallet something fierce. With Celeste on the 1st, and rumors of Earthlock, Guacamelee and Chasm coming in somewhere around that time. If true (be carefully optimistic), that's a lot of good grabs for LRG.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Belexes

Limited Run Games: Iconoclasts, the iconic platformer, gets a physical release for the Nintendo Switch, on January 18, 2019.

Belexes

Magician

Bomber Crew Complete Edition is open to preorders on Gamestop.

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/bomber-crew-co...

Belexes wrote:

Limited Run Games: Iconoclasts, the iconic platformer, gets a physical release for the Nintendo Switch, on January 18, 2019.

Such a good "get" for LRG, Iconoclasts is an awesome game.

LRG sure is opening 2019 strong.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician There is a Signature Edition also (but I'm sure you knew that )

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

yeayeanaynay

LRG own january with 3 quality games. I will buy mario as well. so many great current n upcoming games on pre order its hard not to be a satisfied gamer. Switch is becoming my favourite console of all time!

yeayeanaynay

Anti-Matter

@Painay
I saw from Twitter that You tubers Life OMG edition has been Officially released in Physical media for PS4 & Xbox One version first.
I saw the photo of Actual boxes.
And for Switch version, I still haven't found any clear information about Physical media release date.
The Switch version will have Physical media too, but it will be released late.
The question is, when the Switch version will be released ?

Anti-Matter

yeayeanaynay

@Anti-Matter I dont know man. dont stress about it. keep checking google n your retail supplier n it will appear eventually..

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Painay wrote:

Switch is becoming my favourite console of all time!

I need a couple more years of first party exclusives and high quality third party support, but I have to agree that the Switch is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite consoles as well.

yeayeanaynay

@Magician yeah they really need some first party gems. I hope they provide those soon its been underwhelming in those regards. here's hoping for some nice surprise announcements from ninty in 2019

yeayeanaynay

Paraka

@Painay - Well It was to be expected, most of Nintendo's major franchises are developed by the same, what, 3-4 teams? It'd be a miracle to ask the same team behind Mario Odyssey to have Pikmin 4 at the ready (regardless what Miyamoto says), or have a new Mario Kart 9 ready so soon after they developed ARMS.

The only team that dropped the ball this year was HAL for not making a decent Kirby outing for his first time in HD in a traditional sense. Otherwise, we were looking at a 2019 to be pretty heavy. ANd with Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Luigi's Mansion 3 already picking a solid timeframe for the year (with tangible ones of maybe Bayo 3 or MP4) it looks like we're hitting a big wave once more.

But I hope to see more partnerships with Ubisoft and similar teams. Mario + Rabbids was a hit, and hope that rumored sequel has some truth to it.

Paraka

Magician

Word round the campfire is that the Japan-only release, Cube Creator X, recently got an English patch.

Edited on by Magician

yeayeanaynay

@Paraka worst kirby game ever! such a shame I love me abit of pink fluff but that game was trash. I was quick to trade it in (I only wanna collect the good stuff)

yeayeanaynay

Paraka

@Painay - As a huge Kirby fan, there has been worse. This... This is not bad, per se, but it played everything safe. And I mean everything. If they made it more like Super Star in terms of multiplayer, the level layouts, boss structure and all the other nitpicks could been overlooked. It would been the best game, but it would definitely feel different and engaging.

I am willing to take a Rainbow Curse port to supplement myself now. Captain Toad has giving me hope of how touch can be implemented.

But enough of that, we're all here for physical games, so let's get back on topic; 2019 is looking packed, Special Reserve is looking to announce something too, expecting it mid January.

Paraka

yeayeanaynay

@Paraka mass attack was a great kirby touch game. in this saturated market playing it safe doesnt cut it for me I want the next kirby game to be big bold n daring. sadly the practice of making a game that appeals to the the masses in order to make easy profit isnt anything new. its sad when creativity is suppressed by calculated marketing decisions but thats the nature of business I suppose

yeayeanaynay

Paraka

@Painay - Well it also ties in with the chasing of more power. That requires more resources, and more funds. And ultimately, if a game is too bold, regardless of how good a game is, can kill an entire company if they don't have something to secure it. Happened to Midway, happened to THQ, will happen again.

And that is why you dont see many indies go physical, the overhead may just be too much. It's why limited prints even became a thing. And so many want to jump on board. Lower end risks due to a lower costs to focus on the next project.

Paraka

MasterBlaster

Does anyone have a list of Gamestop exclusive (in the US)

I know of:

Has Been Heroes
Katamari
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Toki

but want to make sure that I didn't miss any. I missed out on Katamari and Bendy so I would like to make sure I am not missing anything else.

Edited on by MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic