Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 4,501 to 4,520 of 11,398

Belexes

Miadaskate wrote:

Also received the Spyro Trilogy for PS4. Can’t wait for this to come to Switch at some point.

I hope that it still gets a release for the Switch - I think they are trying to get all the games to fit on a single card like Bandicoot.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Miadaskate

Belexes wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Also received the Spyro Trilogy for PS4. Can’t wait for this to come to Switch at some point.

I hope that it still gets a release for the Switch - I think they are trying to get all the games to fit on a single card like Bandicoot.

I hope so too!!! I don’t mind double-dipping at all on these iconic titles from my childhood.

Ironically enough, all three Spyro games are not included on-disc. The first game and parts of the other two are. Requires a download for the rest of it.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Still haven’t received shipping notice for SMRPG yet, but already received night trap. LRGs shipping is crazy

Everytime I read this, I instantly think Super Mario RPG.

I wish!

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

Ironically enough, all three Spyro games are not included on-disc. The first game and parts of the other two are. Requires a download for the rest of it.

To clarify, they didn't fit everything onto the disc, but all you had to do was insert the disc and download the missing files? So even though all the files weren't there, ownership of the games was.
Like how The Banner Saga Trilogy handled it on Switch. Because while I'd prefer to have the entirety of the games on disc, that's just not how games work nowadays, and I can accept that, but if they give you one game on the disc/card and codes for the others that's where I draw the line.

Oh, Moonlighter through Amazon and Thumper got here end of last week, but I haven't opened them yet. My copy of Thumper wasn't assembled very well.

Edited on by Avatar40k

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Miadaskate

Miadaskate wrote:

To clarify, they didn't fit everything onto the disc, but all you had to do was insert the disc and download the missing files? So even though all the files weren't there, ownership of the games was.
Like how The Banner Saga Trilogy handled it on Switch. Because while I'd prefer to have the entirety of the games on disc, that's just not how games work nowadays, and I can accept that, but if they give you one game on the disc/card and codes for the others that's where I draw the line.

Oh, Moonlighter through Amazon and Thumper got here end of last week, but I haven't opened them yet. My copy of Thumper wasn't assembled very well.

I’m not exactly sure how it works, I just know that only the first game is completely on-disc. I assume that once the disc is inserted, it prompts a download update. It essentially makes the physical version useless. You know what I mean? It’s like those TellTale physical releases. Only one episode is on the disc and the rest of the episodes you have to download. I mean, I still refer physical, but this stuff is kinda ridiculous. It’s like the whole 1/2 game cart, 1/2 download code thing. For a PS4 / Xbox One game, there is no reason all 3 games couldn’t fit on a disc easily. Not sure what the Devs were thinking when they decided to do that.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Paraka

@Avatar40k - See, the issue I have with that is when the system for the game in question is no longer supported, and say you needed to pawn you old one, or a power outage killed your files... That "game" that's missing files becomes unplayable. Encouraging Activision, or any other company, to resell and re-port the games you can no longer "play." It's an ill practice that comes with the whole "everything can be patched" mentality if some game is broken or unplayable out the gate.

I still play my Wii and SNES at times, and even had a go with Melee not long ago. If any of those systems practiced what is happening now I'd be very much concerned about the games and systems I buy.

@Miadaskate - That's the Publisher's actions, Activision, sadly. And we all know what they thought.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Avatar40k - See, the issue I have with that is when the system for the game in question is no longer supported, and say you needed to pawn you old one, or a power outage killed your files... That "game" that's missing files becomes unplayable. Encouraging Activision, or any other company, to resell and re-port the games you can no longer "play." It's an ill practice that comes with the whole "everything can be patched" mentality if some game is broken or unplayable out the gate.

I still play my Wii and SNES at times, and even had a go with Melee not long ago. If any of those systems practiced what is happening now I'd be very much concerned about the games and systems I buy.

@Miadaskate - That's the Publisher's actions, Activision, sadly. And we all know what they thought.

This 100%. Couldn’t have said it any better.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

@Miadaskate - The way you were talking, I thought you had already tested the game, since you said you received it.

@Paraka - I have that issue as well, but that's where the game industry is, and at least if the games are partially on the disc you can resell the game while the system is still supported and it would be usable. A download code is stuck to your account and useless to everyone else as soon as you activate it.

I want games to be complete and always playable from the disc/cart, but if I can't get that I'll take half the game on and the rest downloaded.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

The_Legend77

SNK Collection came in. The box is amazing! Apparently it's been outside all night cause the postman left it to where we all missed it. It seems to work so that's good

Now if my LRG games would come in...

The_Legend77

Miadaskate

@Miadaskate - The way you were talking, I thought you had already tested the game, since you said you received it.

@Paraka - I have that issue as well, but that's where the game industry is, and at least if the games are partially on the disc you can resell the game while the system is still supported and it would be usable. A download code is stuck to your account and useless to everyone else as soon as you activate it.

I want games to be complete and always playable from the disc/cart, but if I can't get that I'll take half the game on and the rest downloaded.

Nah; haven’t installed just yet. I’m far too busy with Red Dead Redemption II.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Moonlighter arrived today! Very different from the other sets. A much nicer quality, but it is not numbered on the side like the other releases.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Belexes

Per-order in for Toki Collector's Edition and This War of Mine Complete Edition on shop4megastore.com

Belexes

Katelyn1223

I know most of you already received yours, but I received Thumper and Oxenfree today!

I’m actually playing Tumper right now and man, this game makes me highly uncomfortable and anxious lmao. I don’t know what it is though

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Miadaskate

Strictly Limited’s first Switch title, Fox N Forests, will be available Sunday.

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Strictly Limited’s first Switch title, Fox N Forests, will be available Sunday.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Katelyn1223 wrote:

I know most of you already received yours, but I received Thumper and Oxenfree today! I’m actually playing Tumper right now and man, this game makes me highly uncomfortable and anxious lmao. I don’t know what it is though

I would classify it as a music/rhythm game.

It's not presented in the usual Guitar Hero falling-notes fashion, but the core mechanics are similar.

P.S. - as a reminder to everyone, SRG is opening preorders for N++ today.

I intend to purchase the combo pack for 8, 9, and 10. I really appreciate that purchasing option.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Katelyn1223 - Oxenfree and my triple pack from SRG came in yesterday, flooded with games! Also received an email that Thumper shipped as well.

@Magician - Speaking of which, Monday I received my Taiko no Tatsujin import, complete with drum. Already annoying my girlfriend with it.

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - Speaking of which, Monday I received my Taiko no Tatsujin import, complete with drum. Already annoying my girlfriend with it.

Arguably the best music/rhythm game on the Switch. Although the playlist for Superbeat Xonic is more to my taste. And although I usually play in handheld mode, I have considered purchasing the drum from Play-Asia.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Hints at SRG’s game 9 & 10 :

Game 9 clues

• The game is from a genre we have never released before
  • Whilst this release is intense and punishing, it is incredibly rewarding

Game 10 clues

• Quirky and feel-good, the dialogue in this game is genius
  • BBQ's

Any ideas?

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Reverie will be available from Play-Asia next Thursday.

Currently Playing :

Paraka

@Magician - Definitely one of the better. But also, I do like some of my english and German music, so it falls short a bit. As far as actual play though, one of the best, this and Guitar Hero was my way to enjoy rhythm games, as me and DDR are not the greatest of friends.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic