Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 4,381 to 4,400 of 11,396

Miadaskate

eightbit wrote:

Nah. Its bad enough the Switch itself has an internal rechargeable battery. The entire reason I collect physical games is so that I can keep them "forever". Rechargeable batteries make it so that the hardware will not last forever. That battery stops taking a charge 15 years from now you are probably going to have to toss the controller. And, I have had this happen with PS3 dual shock 3 controllers. They are batteries. Rest assured they will die.

Now only if they made a home console version of the Switch ala PSTV.

Yeah you and I don’t agree on this at all lol.

Batteries are so 1980’s-1990’s.

Besides remotes and my car I have absolutely no use or care for batteries in 2018.

If you had an internal battery going bad, you could always just open the controller or console and change the internal battery...

10-15 years (or longer) vs. changing batteries every couple months or however long they last. I’d say that’s an easy call.

Physical games is one thing, but I’d much rather have the convenience of an internal battery. I honestly have never had a single device with an internal battery go bad. I don’t think it happens nearly as much as people think they do.

Hell; Xbox is still stuck in the past with batteries, and I went out of my way to buy internal battery packs and charging docks for the convenience and to avoid regular batteries altogether. At least they allowed for it to be used both ways, depending on what the user wanted. Perhaps PowerA should have done that too. PowerA makes fantastic charging docks.

In that case, I guess you don’t have a modern cellphone, either? Or a tablet, or a computer, etc...You know; because they use internal batteries?

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

To each their own, indeed.

Currently Playing :

SpaceAce13

I still haven’t received a shipping notification for my night trap yet, starting to get worried

SpaceAce13

leerafuse

@SpaceAce13 I haven't either. Checked LRG site, still says processing.. so.. lol ..hopefully

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

SpaceAce13

leerafuse wrote:

@SpaceAce13 I haven't either. Checked LRG site, still says processing.. so.. lol ..hopefully

My friend got his shipping notice mid last week, and we live 5 minutes from each other. Just weird

SpaceAce13

Katelyn1223

Not to make you all worry further, but I received my Nignt Trap order nearly 2 weeks ago now

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

The_Legend77

I got an email 5 days ago saying my Night Trap had shipped. According to tracking it still hasn't been received by the UPS yet. Today I got an email saying my Saturday Morning RPG shipped.

What's going on? I've ordered enough online over many years and have never seen something say it shipped then 5 days later it's still not at the UPS or whatever. No other updates have been made since the 17th.

Am I missing something or anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

EDIT: a friend looked at it and believes they just made they label to prepare it for shipping. I re-checked the email and at the very top it says it is preparing to ship...but a few lines below it says it shipped that day.

Maybe I'm just confused and they word their emails a day I'm not used to. If it's just preparing to ship I wish it wouldn't say a few lines down it did ship.

Edited on by The_Legend77

The_Legend77

Magician

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Not to make you all worry further, but I received my Nignt Trap order nearly 2 weeks ago now

Standard or collectors edition?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Katelyn1223

Just received my copy of RXN. Actually super excited to play this one so that delay on shipping killed me a bit lol

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

SpaceAce13

Damn! Haven’t received anything about my night trap, smrpg, and haven’t received rxn or owlboy yet.

SpaceAce13

leerafuse

I live in Canada. We now have postal strike. I may get both Night Traps and RXN, plus others by Xmas... wooooo!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Miadaskate

Just saw on LRG’s Facebook page that Outlast 1 & 2 will be available Friday. Two-week pre-order. Because of the size of the games, one cartridge was not feasible, and to avoid the 1 game on cart / 1 game download code issue, each game is getting their own physical release. Outlast 1 will be $29.99 and Outlast 2 will be $34.99. There will also be a CE. Happy they’re separate but those prices are a bit ridiculous if you ask me. They could just have easily done two carts in one case. Shelling out for like four LRG games on Friday 🤦‍♂️

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Katelyn1223

Miadaskate wrote:

Just saw on LRG’s Facebook page that Outlast 1 & 2 will be available Friday. Two-week pre-order. Because of the size of the games, one cartridge was not feasible, and to avoid the 1 game on cart / 1 game download code issue, each game is getting their own physical release. Outlast 1 will be $29.99 and Outlast 2 will be $34.99. There will also be a CE. Happy they’re separate but those prices are a bit ridiculous if you ask me. They could just have easily done two carts in one case. Shelling out for like four LRG games on Friday 🤦‍♂️

Lol I had a feeling they would pull some bs to make me not buy it

Updated Daily!

paihia

got my psikyo collection! interior art. games run perfect (smooth as silk) compared to other retro comps its not much bang for your buck with only 4 short games but the gameplay is classic twitchy fun. also published by arc system works the same peeps who published fallen legion in asia so I wonder if that other game will have interior art also (unlike NIS bare bones box in the west) time will tell..

paihia

SpaceAce13

Got my Owlboy CE today... my god this thing is huge

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Yup lol

Currently Playing :

hirokun

Miadaskate wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Yup lol

same. Funny because I thought my order was cancelled, but I guess I had a back up purchase after all. It was quite a surprise, and yes what the hell, its actually one of the biggest CE's to date, only outclassed by Valkyria chronicles and zelda BoTW.

Also got my slime san and night trap from Limited Run. So Quite a busy day for me! Guys, I'm running out of room. I'm legit going to have to slim down my collection. Looks like some of my DS collection and amiibo are going to find a new home soon.

Finally, does ANYONE remember the name of that japanese visual novel spooky game that was supposedly going to be translated to English(or at least I thought it was). In Japanese I think it was a simple one word name. I believe the cover image was like a green tinted image that might have been a phone booth, and it was supposed to be about an urban legend I believe. I can't seem to recall. But I need to get my spook on before the month is over!

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

paihia

I wonder if talon man is still collecting switch games? he actually had some interesting thoughts..

paihia

Katelyn1223

@hirokun

I'm 90% sure the game you're thinking of is Shiin. Is this the one? https://www.play-asia.com/shiin/13/70bnj3

If so, then the US version is Death Mark. There's both a standard and limited edition.

Standard: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/death-mark-nintendo-switch/63019...

Limited: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/death-mark-limited-edition-ninte...

Edited on by Katelyn1223

Updated Daily!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic