Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 11,393

JasmineDragon

@Avatar40k I ended up getting Dead Cells at Gamestop, it has the mini art book too.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Magician wrote:

Enter the Gungeon physical release incoming.

Wooooooo!!!!

@JasmineDragon
Nice! Glad you found a copy

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

SpaceAce13

JasmineDragon wrote:

@Avatar40k I ended up getting Dead Cells at Gamestop, it has the mini art book too.

I got mine from Best Buy, but I won’t have it til Monday. If it doesn’t have the art book I’ll be upset and probably buy a copy that does

SpaceAce13

Mattsmash

No artbook for me when I bought Dead Cells but I'm fine with that. Will pick one up on ebay for 99p down the line.

Anyone going to buy Yooka-Laylee physically? Limited Run Games replied to a tweet this week saying it will go live first Monday of September and continue through the month.

Instagram: Nintendo.Matt

JasmineDragon

SpaceAce13 wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

I got mine from Best Buy, but I won’t have it til Monday. If it doesn’t have the art book I’ll be upset and probably buy a copy that does

Just so you know, the words "art book" make it sound like a bigger deal than it really is. It's just a little pamphlet the size of a GBA manual, and it's 24 pages long at most. It's cute, and I appreciate it because I miss having manuals in the box, but it's not that significant.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

GrailUK

@Mattsmash I've been holding out for a physical copy of Yooka Laylee for so long.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Mattsmash

@GrailUK Likewise. I bought Golf Story digitally because it was on sale but no such luck with Yooka Laylee. Really excited to try it, despite the negativity.

rumandgore

Can anybody who bought The Coma Recut Signature Edition tell me about the Teacher’s Manual that came with it? Art book or instruction manual? Anything special?

Edited on by rumandgore

rumandgore

Paraka

@Mattsmash @GrailUK - The sheer idea of any platform game on a Nintendo system excites me, more so when physically. The whole Mascot Avdenture has been dead since the N64. So seeing the likes of Hat in Time, Yooka-Laylee, De Blob, Snake Pass all run in place with Mario is something nostalgic.

Now if anyone out there knows where Vexx went off to...

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Aye, it's rejuvenating gaming at a grass roots level.

Mattsmash

To me the mascot era, if you will, died when Sonic appeared on other consoles. sigh

Paraka

@GrailUK - I wouldn't say rejuvenating games as a whole, but definitely giving the love of the mascot era we as a generation left long behind for tech and realism. It's sad, but its truth of the tech in that era. More mascots were a thing cause you simply couldn't replicate what we got now. Which the modern era of power piss contests is killing the AAA realm. There is a reason companies like EA and Activision consolidated their B teams, not big enough capital. Which is why I love seeing indies thrive in circles around them for being foolish.

@Mattsmash - I wouldn't even say that, as by that time the Mascot Adventure was already experiencing its death throes. Sonic existing on another platform killed the rivalry, but him existing showed they were very much alive at that time. Where we were seeing the last of Gex, Space Circus Fever and traditional Rayman at that same time.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Mattsmash

@Paraka Agreed. I think that's a better way of putting it.

Ristar, Croc & Tak...so many forgotten hereos! Even Jak & Daxter, Sly Raccoon and Bubsy are forgotten now.

SpaceAce13

JasmineDragon wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

Just so you know, the words "art book" make it sound like a bigger deal than it really is. It's just a little pamphlet the size of a GBA manual, and it's 24 pages long at most. It's cute, and I appreciate it because I miss having manuals in the box, but it's not that significant.

Oh I know, but I’m the same way. I love manuals and I think it’s been a nice touch when they’re included. With that said, I just got my copy from Best Buy and it is included, so I’m very happy!

SpaceAce13

Paraka

@Mattsmash - Well looking at the patterns, character and their games got replaced with specs and power.

Think of the early stages of the PS2 and Nintendo. When the GCN arrived the rivals thing was still happening. Sonic still had his Dreamcast, Crash was at home with PS2 even though he was now a Vivendi Universal IP. By the time Crash got Mind Over Mutant on the Gamecube... That was it, the end of the rival warfare of mascots, Nintendo won. Even Samus had a small rival with Master Chief during this time.

But tech was becoming all the rage thanks to Microsoft and their campaign that eventually claimed Nintendo's momentum with the "kiddie console" image. When the Xbox entered it was "bump-mapping this" and "progressive scan" that... the buzzwords started replacing the mascots cause people still wanted justification of hating a console they didn't choose. Over time it became part against part, spec against spec... No longer about the games you're getting, always the games you might get with more power.

Paraka

Mattsmash

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@Paraka Citing specs was always a thing in game console marketing, though maybe not to the extent it is now. Such as how consoles would cite how many bits they had, or the Genesis bragging about its "blast processing".

Hell, the Nintendo 64 had 64 in its name

POWER!

GrailUK

Yeah, let's not re-write history and say Nintendo have never been about specs. Mode 7. Project Reality, 128 Marios.

Paraka

@ReaderRagfish @Mattsmash @GrailUK - I never said Nintendo wasn't, it was never on argument from the consumer and always took the backseat.

Remember when they flipped Xbox only had Halo and Shrek, and the latter sold off the whole bump-mapping thing. It was always the argument at large was Mario, Sonic and Crash/Cloud up until that latter half of the generation.

Paraka

Mattsmash

@GrailUK WANT!!!! Might be a silly question but will it be in English?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic