Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 11,393

The_Legend77

I agree with @TalonMan. I get that LRG isn't retail, but they are still North American releases. Lost Sphere was online only, but it's still part of the set. To call oneself a completionist, you can't shrug off certain releases just because of how they're released.

As was stated, if you want the entire set, you got to have them. That's how I see it. You may not regret it now, but if you want them later and can even find them, have fun shelling out two to three times as much.

This is why I'm focusing less on retail and more on LRG, SRG and stuff of that nature. Many retail games will be easy to find for a while (though we do need to watch out for the low run/poor sellers like Panzer Dragoon Saga on Saturn) do collecting those won't be as difficult. However, these purposely low print games like LRG will be the ones to get NOW!

I admit it's hitting me hard, but at least I'll have them now and not at the mercy of scalpers years to come. I say think about what you truly want...if you are a completionist, you got to get everything physical in an area...that's how I see it. As just a collector, you don't need every release, and you just focus on what you really want. Big difference but everyone has their own opinion on the matter.

You could always go standard on these LRG releases. $30 isn't bad at all and will save you money versus the CE of the games. I don't want to sound rude, but that's just my opinion. Do what you feel is best for you, cause it doesn't matter what we say...it's your collection.

The_Legend77

Belexes

Code wrote:

Quite a few new Super Rare Games just got (intentionally?) announced by Beatemups over on Twitter. He shared a thumbnail of an upcoming video. Looks like Lover’s in a dangerous spacetime, the adventure pals, mutant muds, and Fairune so far. Pretty hyped about adventure pals!

They’ve teamed up with him to do announcements, which is pretty cool.

Edit: Looks like it was an unintentional annoucement as the tweet just got deleted.

I managed to get a screenshot
Link: https://imgur.com/a/HhyILxd

SRG finally getting away from the survival genre and into other genres. The two platformers (the adventure pals, mutant muds) look fantastic! I'll be anxious to see Beatemups video and he is allowed to release it. I religiously watch his channel and RGT85's.

Belexes

The_Legend77

Super Rare Games - Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Coming in just a couple hours!

The_Legend77

TalonMan

The_Legend77 wrote:

I agree with @TalonMan. I get that LRG isn't retail, but they are still North American releases. Lost Sphere was online only, but it's still part of the set. To call oneself a completionist, you can't shrug off certain releases just because of how they're released.

As was stated, if you want the entire set, you got to have them. That's how I see it. You may not regret it now, but if you want them later and can even find them, have fun shelling out two to three times as much.

This is why I'm focusing less on retail and more on LRG, SRG and stuff of that nature. Many retail games will be easy to find for a while (though we do need to watch out for the low run/poor sellers like Panzer Dragoon Saga on Saturn) do collecting those won't be as difficult. However, these purposely low print games like LRG will be the ones to get NOW!

I admit it's hitting me hard, but at least I'll have them now and not at the mercy of scalpers years to come. I say think about what you truly want...if you are a completionist, you got to get everything physical in an area...that's how I see it. As just a collector, you don't need every release, and you just focus on what you really want. Big difference but everyone has their own opinion on the matter.

You could always go standard on these LRG releases. $30 isn't bad at all and will save you money versus the CE of the games. I don't want to sound rude, but that's just my opinion. Do what you feel is best for you, cause it doesn't matter what we say...it's your collection.

...and yes, this is exactly what I've pivoted towards with my collecting, as well. I started out initially buying every single game that was released - but once the calendar flipped to the new year, and LRG and NISA and others started ramping up their Switch support with limited release games, I had to make the decision that makes the most economical "long term" sense. And getting these short-lived releases now at a retail cost, is my priority!!

Regular (non-Nintendo) mainstream games also tend to go down in price over time (a lesson I've known for a long time, but already got burned on with the Switch during my initial purchasing run). I was buying everything at the start, because I feared the Switch would eventually move to nearly "all digital" environment - I absolutely did NOT expect such a large physical library already, a little more than a year and a half in! So paying full price for newly released Lego games and then seeing them tossed out in bargain bins at less than HALF the price I originally paid (less than 6 months later!!), really hurts! So unless it's something you know will have a short release run, waiting on mainstream titles (unless it's a game you absolutely want to play, of course) is definitely the smartest move! You obviously need to be careful, because you never know which mainstream game will be that Panzer Dragoon that disappears all too quickly (Could MUSYNX be that one?? I can't seem to find it anywhere and eBay sellers have it listed at twice the price already!!).

My full intent is (and will continue to be) a "complete" library, but my focus is specifically on the LRGs and SRG and NISAs - type of games that I know with ABSOLUTE certainty (based on their documented and well known status as "limited release"), will be impossible or extremely expensive to buy after the fact. If I have any additional funds for mainstream games that I actually want to play right away, I get those as well - but my focus will continue to be on those games that have a strict release cycle, so I don't get burned on the backend.

TalonMan

TalonMan

The_Legend77 wrote:

NICE!!!!!!!!

TalonMan

Katelyn1223

TalonMan wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

...and yes, this is exactly what I've pivoted towards with my collecting, as well. I started out initially buying every single game that was released - but once the calendar flipped to the new year, and LRG and NISA and others started ramping up their Switch support with limited release games, I had to make the decision that makes the most economical "long term" sense. And getting these short-lived releases now at a retail cost, is my priority!!

Regular (non-Nintendo) mainstream games also tend to go down in price over time (a lesson I've known for a long time, but already got burned on with the Switch during my initial purchasing run). I was buying everything at the start, because I feared the Switch would eventually move to nearly "all digital" environment - I absolutely did NOT expect such a large physical library already, a little more than a year and a half in! So paying full price for newly released Lego games and then seeing them tossed out in bargain bins at less than HALF the price I originally paid (less than 6 months later!!), really hurts! So unless it's something you know will have a short release run, waiting on mainstream titles (unless it's a game you absolutely want to play, of course) is definitely the smartest move! You obviously need to be careful, because you never know which mainstream game will be that Panzer Dragoon that disappears all too quickly (Could MUSYNX be that one?? I can't seem to find it anywhere and eBay sellers have it listed at twice the price already!!).

My full intent is (and will continue to be) a "complete" library, but my focus is specifically on the LRGs and SRG and NISAs - type of games that I know with ABSOLUTE certainty (based on their documented and well known status as "limited release"), will be impossible or extremely expensive to buy after the fact. If I have any additional funds for mainstream games that I actually want to play right away, I get those as well - but my focus will continue to be on those games that have a strict release cycle, so I don't get burned on the backend.

Wait, for NISA, are you talking about the CE’s being limited? Or just their games in general? I thought their games were just regular retail releases after the preorder period

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Katelyn1223

The_Legend77 wrote:

Well, I think this is my end for a complete collection lol. I really wanted a complete Switch collection to go along with my Wii U set, but I can’t warrant spending the money on games like this. Especially with the ridiculous shipping.

Edited on by Katelyn1223

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Miadaskate

hirokun wrote:

Legit. They finally decided to get good games.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

TalonMan

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Wait, for NISA, are you talking about the CE’s being limited? Or just their games in general? I thought their games were just regular retail releases after the preorder period

Yeah - I'm referring only to their CE's being limited. This is obviously another choice as to how you wish to fill out your collection. For me, I always go with the CE (regardless of what's inside) if there's one available, just for the long-term value. I missed out on Disgaea 5 & Touhou Kobuto V when they were originally released, and they now consistently sell for double the initial price (and I do mean "sell", not just "list"). So yeah, NISA games are more of a preference on whether you wish to pursue the CE's. You can certainly pickup standard versions of these games, at any time (so far as I know)...

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Well, I think this is my end for a complete collection lol. I really wanted a complete Switch collection to go along with my Wii U set, but I can’t warrant spending the money on games like this. Especially with the ridiculous shipping.

SuperRare games don't seem to actually sell out as quickly, so you should have PLENTY of time to consider whether you have the available funds or not. Heck, they're still selling Human Fall Flat which came out in MARCH, and they still have at least 200 copies of that game left!!!

I fully expect this one to hang around for awhile, as well. And, if you haven't already purchased any of their other games, you can definitely combine shipping and save...

TalonMan

Katelyn1223

TalonMan wrote:

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Yeah - I'm referring only to their CE's being limited. This is obviously another choice as to how you wish to fill out your collection. For me, I always go with the CE (regardless of what's inside) if there's one available, just for the long-term value. I missed out on Disgaea 5 & Touhou Kobuto V when they were originally released, and they now consistently sell for double the initial price (and I do mean "sell", not just "list"). So yeah, NISA games are more of a preference on whether you wish to pursue the CE's. You can certainly pickup standard versions of these games, at any time (so far as I know)...

Katelyn1223 wrote:

SuperRare games don't seem to actually sell out as quickly, so you should have PLENTY of time to consider whether you have the available funds or not. Heck, they're still selling Human Fall Flat which came out in MARCH, and they still have at least 200 copies of that game left!!!

I fully expect this one to hang around for awhile, as well. And, if you haven't already purchased any of their other games, you can definitely combine shipping and save...

I suppose you are right about SuperRare, if it's still in stock when I have the funds to buy it then I'll probably do so. Sadly I already have the other 3 so I can't combine shipping lol. But as of right now, my main goal is to just keep up with at LEAST LimitedRun just so I can have at least a complete NA collection if not worldwide

EDIT: On another note, I just received my copies of Oceanhorn, Crash, and WonderBoy which I'm super excited about!!

Edited on by Katelyn1223

Updated Daily!

Magician

Just put a preorder down for Okami HD and Taiko Drum Master through Play Asia. I haven't played a TDM game since the PS2 days, and I've never played Okami...ever. Both are shipping August 9th, so there shouldn't be any delays with this order like there was with my previous order. Which was multiple games releasing on different days, so the order didn't ship until a few months after the order was placed.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

hirokun

Just realized that Lovers in a Dangerous Space time looks exactly like the kurgesagt - In a Nutshell youtube channel's animations(great channel btw for learning neat science stuff). Its pretty baffling. This seems like just the couch co-op game I'm looking for to have my friends play with me.

also @Katelyn1223 Super rare(in the email I got) said that they reduced the cost for US shipping, which kinds of pisses me off considering I just my shipment from them and I tried to cancel it so that I could wait for their next game.

Edited on by hirokun

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

GrailUK

Welp!
Stereden Binary Stars
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
N++
Knights of Pen & Paper
Knights of Pen & Paper 2
Adventure Pals
Fairune Collection
Mutant Mudds Collection
Worms W.M.D

All getting physical releases! WOOT!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

hirokun

GrailUK wrote:

Welp!
Stereden Binary Stars
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
N++
Knights of Pen & Paper
Knights of Pen & Paper 2
Adventure Pals
Fairune Collection
Mutant Mudds Collection
Worms W.M.D

All getting physical releases! WOOT!

Where are these being published from? I'm mostly curious about knight of pen and paper.

GrailUK

@hirokun Super Rare Games

Anti-Matter

@GrailUK
But i just only saw Lovers from their website.
Any picture of their covers ?

Anti-Matter

jjbutes

TalonMan wrote:

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Whats the trick for checking how much of their inventory remains? I have the first 3 SRG releases and I wanna wait as long as I can to buy their next releases together to save shipping.

jjbutes

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter Umm

and some fella on YouTube announced the other stuff.

Edited on by GrailUK

hirokun

wowie zowie. All of those are going to be from super rare? @_@ sounds like they have the rest of their year lined up there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic