Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 11,365

Magician

Paraka wrote:

So received my Thimbleweed orders.

Noticed the spine does not have its number. That a new thing they changed last minute?

It's a guideline set down by Nintendo of America, no numbers on the spine.

Nintendo of Europe allows it, which is why Super Rare Games has numbers on their spines.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

Interesting. May be one of the reasons LRG could not get up am running at first too.

A tad bummed, since my original plan is to have an unwrapped set for a future auction and the numbers would have definitely served a visual appeal a bit more, but hardly anything to complain about.

Buuuut, if I start getting assets ready, I may make a spine alternate for the LRG that are open if people may to open to it. Would take a backseat to the Japan and EU covers being altered for NA.

It's a guideline set down by Nintendo of America, no numbers on the spine.

Nintendo of Europe allows it, which is why Super Rare Games has numbers on their spines.

[/quote]

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Miadaskate

I guess Wolfenstein did not learn from Mega Man Legacy. The junk at the top has actually released.......with the junk still at the top. Ugh; it’s so ugly. DOOM was released perfectly! If anyone’s buying these games, they should already know they’re going to need a memory card. What’s the deal? Can’t they fit that junk on the back somewhere? Thank god for Bethesda’s alternate covers. I will be switching instantly.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Twitter is buzzing with talk of Celeste getting a physical release.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

!!!

It’s times like these I wish I used Twitter.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

SpaceAce13

Magician wrote:

It has to!

SpaceAce13

Gold_Ranger

We need an updated and fixed first post.
Retailer and region physical releases.
Release dates on all games.

Gold_Ranger

JasmineDragon

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Magician wrote:

It has to!

Yeah, I've held off buying it because I was close to 100% sure physical would happen sooner or later. Same as I've done with Sonic Mania and Golf Story, you just know it's going to happen.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JasmineDragon

Gold_Ranger wrote:

We need an updated and fixed first post.
Retailer and region physical releases.
Release dates on all games.

The post can't be updated until the OP has time to update it. Unfortunately this isn't an official list, it's just one guy who went ahead and compiled a list on his own, and currently he is dealing with Life. Be patient, hopefully he will get back to it at some point.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Belexes

Magician wrote:

Finally. Hope it happens along with Hollow Knight too.

Belexes

Redax

Magician wrote:

Source?

Redax

Magician

Redax wrote:

Magician wrote:

Source?

I checked the developer's Twitter account, Matt Makes Games, and didn't see any mention of a physical release. So I'm not sure if Nintendeal is reporting or just wishfully thinking. But then there's Nintendo News as well.

Edited on by Magician

twelvestar

I got an email from Signature Edition Games ... looks like The Coma: Recut is getting a Signature Edition release, but their website appears to be down so I can't verify.

Also got an email from Play-Asia ... evidently Shikhondo: Soul Eater is their third exclusive release for the Switch? I thought this was only their second, following Dimension Drive a few weeks ago ... Did I miss one, or did they number the game incorrectly in the email?

Edited on by twelvestar

twelvestar

Katelyn1223

twelvestar wrote:

I got an email from Signature Edition Games ... looks like The Coma: Recut is getting a Signature Edition release, but their website appears to be down so I can't verify.

Also got an email from Play-Asia ... evidently Shikhondo: Soul Eater is their third exclusive release for the Switch? I thought this was only their second, following Dimension Drive a few weeks ago ... Did I miss one, or did they number the game incorrectly in the email?

I’m pretty sure I read in one of the announcements that this wasn’t planned as their second game but they wanted it to release along with the PS4 version so it’s being labeled as their third and then there will be one in the middle of Dimension Drive and this one.

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Anti-Matter

Eh, is Penguin Wars Switch version already released ?
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

SpaceAce13

Anti-Matter wrote:

Untitled

No, I think I saw that it was pushed back to August

SpaceAce13

Magician

twelvestar wrote:

Just a numbering error I'd assume. Dimension Drive and Shikhondo are the only Switch physical releases from Play Asia so far. Although they also published Lost Sea, which is an eShop-only release (at the moment). So perhaps they counted that in their arithmetic?

Anti-Matter wrote:

Best Buy lists a release date of August 31st. So it might even slip past August.

Edited on by Magician

Anti-Matter

@Magician
"Best Buy lists a release date of August 31st. So it might even slip past August."

Gosh.... !
I have to wait until September 2018.

Anti-Matter

twelvestar

@Katelyn1223 @Magician ah, ok. I've been watching LEs/CEs/Exclusives pretty close (all publishers in general) and was surprised/confused when I saw "third exclusive." Maybe a back-numbering with a future title will clear it up, or maybe they are considering their e-Shop release as part of their exclusives.

@Anti-Matter @SpaceAce13 @Magician saw the delay earlier this week... or maybe late last week... either way, started looking for it and noticed they had updated their website ETA but didn't send out emails letting everyone who pre-ordered know. "Expected late July" ... so yeah, probably August (maybe September) before we see that one ship (guessing).

twelvestar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic