Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 11,398

Belexes

Paraka wrote:

@Belexes - It is bitter sweet victory for gamers. Cause if they go down the drain, it means there is no venue for them to change and be better as a game store, especially since they became the monster they are by buying out other stores.

They have had years to be a better game store and appear to be at the end of their rope exploring buy-out options. Last resort stuff. Their business tactics to me were always to satisfy the bottom line and did not have gamers' best interest's in mind. Viable online competition with Amazon is taking its toll as well.

I was in a GS a couple weeks ago to browse and the place looks like a Hot Topic with the store being 80% merchandise and 20% games. I didn't go in looking for a plush or lunch box. SMH.

Belexes

Paraka

@Belexes - Not saying you're wrong, but it is on point actually.

However, investors encourage the fastest return of their money, changing things usually means long return waits if the change is even remotely successful.

That being said, quitting before you can better yourself is a recipe to fail forever. I like my options, as toxic as some are, to be there in case one shifts for the better and another does not. If we're left with just Amazon (theoretically), that can get sour really quickly if we have no other choices.

Imagine if Xbox One was the ONLY console coming out when they told everyone no more used games.

Know that Sony had the same bad idea and changed it by E3, and MS had to follow.

Paraka

Magician

Just got my Ys VIII LE from NIS America. But I won't crack it open until I get through The Lost Child. Also, Amazon notified me that Yoku's Island Express is back in stock and will arrive Thursday. And Amazon has new listings.

Candle: The Power of the Flame is open to preorders on Amazon NA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F13CP6X

Moonlighter is open to preorders on Amazon NA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ5PRXR

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

@Magician

Pre-Ordered and Pre-Ordered! Thank you, sir!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

The_Legend77

PAL version of Flashback arrived today. Very excited! Haven't had a chance to open and check it out yet.

The_Legend77

Magician

Looking at the limited edition for The World Ends With You, I'm not sure I want it. The asking price is a lot of money for some lackluster swag, imo. What does everyone think? Is this worth $155? I say, "no".

Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Katelyn1223

Magician wrote:

Looking at the limited edition for The World Ends With You, I'm not sure I want it. The asking price is a lot of money for some lackluster swag, imo. What does everyone think? Is this worth $155? I say, "no".

Untitled

$155 for that? That's not even remotely worth that much, maybe $100 MAX

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Miadaskate

Received an e-mail from Fangamer about this Tate Mode Switch grip. Should be great for all the shoot-em-ups and Donkey Kong arcade games! Check it out if you’re interested :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip?mc_ci...

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

The_Legend77

@Magician
No way. $155 for that? Is this another LRG game?

Speaking of LRG Thimbleweed Park arrived today. I actually could have had a CE but I waited a few minutes too long. The only CE I honestly wanted from them! Oh well.

The_Legend77

SpaceAce13

Katelyn1223 wrote:

Magician wrote:

Untitled

$155 for that? That's not even remotely worth that much, maybe $100 MAX

Agreed. I’ve been crazy about collectors editions with the switch... but this is too much for what you get. Gonna pass

SpaceAce13

JasmineDragon

@Magician Nah, you're paying like $50 for a tote bag. Which is more than likely of horrible quality and will rip at the seams the first time you actually use it for carrying things.

Seems like they are banking quite a bit on TWEWY's cult status. I would honestly shell out a little extra for a "regular Special Edition" with a soundtrack CD and a couple of pins, but do I really need a TWEWY stylus and tote bag? I think not.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SpaceAce13

JasmineDragon wrote:

@Magician Nah, you're paying like $50 for a tote bag. Which is more than likely of horrible quality and will rip at the seams the first time you actually use it for carrying things.

Seems like they are banking quite a bit on TWEWY's cult status. I would honestly shell out a little extra for a "regular Special Edition" with a soundtrack CD and a couple of pins, but do I really need a TWEWY stylus and tote bag? I think not.

Exactly

SpaceAce13

hirokun

I have a rabid collection of DS and 3DS games. While TWEWY is totally a must have, it is by no means a hard to find or rare game, neither is the cult following diehard to the manner you would think. $155 for that is just insulting. Even I'm not going to pay for that, and I've been pretty lenient. They are not getting my business.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

RueDaydreamer

Magician wrote:

Untitled

Just so that everyone is properly informed, this is an exclusive limited edition from the Square Enix e-Store, and it is also only coming out in Japan, unless we get confirmation in the future that this limited edition is heading west.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/sp/subarashiki_final_remix/in...

RueDaydreamer

TalonMan

RueDaydreamer wrote:

Magician wrote:

Untitled

Just so that everyone is properly informed, this is an exclusive limited edition from the Square Enix e-Store, and it is also only coming out in Japan, unless we get confirmation in the future that this limited edition is heading west.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/sp/subarashiki_final_remix/in...

...that's actually a good thing, then. Since I don't collect Japanese titles, I won't feel compelled to empty the bank account for this!

TalonMan

hirokun

I'll be happy picking up standard for this one. Solid game, and with extra stuff, worth it.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Magician

Third party sellers over at Amazon NA had Monopoly, Cars 3, Monster Jam, and MXGP3 for $20 a pop. It may not be as good of a deal as a holiday sale would be, but it's low enough for me to buy. Now I just need Battle Crashers to get that low. Walmart is getting close, listed at $22 and change.

P.S. - Cat Quest is open to preorders on Amazon NA.

https://www.amazon.com/CAT-Quest-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07F27GC22

Edited on by Magician

Rodjawesome

Will the owner of this website be updating the physical list of switch games please....this has been so helpful but without it being updated I am having trouble during the month of June...thx

Rodjawesome

Magician

Rodjawesome wrote:

Will the owner of this website be updating the physical list of switch games please....this has been so helpful but without it being updated I am having trouble during the month of June...thx

The OP of this thread said he wouldn't be around for a while due to financial constraints.

I wouldn't expect the first post to be changed for quite a while.

SwitchForce

eightbit wrote:

My copy of Thimbleweed Park (standard release) arrived today! Thankfully it arrived undamaged as they are using the same kind of bubble mailers that Best Buy uses...and I have received some damaged titles from BB in the past. There was a trading card in the bag (Thimbleweed card) that was unfortunately bent. But, that was not advertised as coming with it so I am not going to complain. The game is great though!

How many cards were in the deck?

SwitchForce

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic