Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 5,253

Katelyn1223

MrCIB wrote:

Too many for games that don’t deserve it. They are trying to adjust their business model to CE are what’s limited but it won’t work. Increased comp with better CE pack ins and free shipping going to put pressure on them. Every switch title they’ve released qty sold has been less than the previous or below expectations.

FYI.... while I’m keeping my switch collection going for now I’ve abandon my LRG complete collection as of this week. I was buying 2 covers and CE’s for each game and I had to finally look in the mirror and say .....enough this is nothing but a company preying on collectors. So I’ve dropped to one copy and will offload the doubles at some point of the vita and PS4. I assume at some point I will do so with the switch

I did the same, I've given up on CE's and am just going to a standard only collection. I don't really care about reversible covers, I just care if the outer edge says something different kind of like the Fate/Extella Limited Box and whatnot

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

SpaceAce13

Katelyn1223 wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

Too many for games that don’t deserve it. They are trying to adjust their business model to CE are what’s limited but it won’t work. Increased comp with better CE pack ins and free shipping going to put pressure on them. Every switch title they’ve released qty sold has been less than the previous or below expectations.

FYI.... while I’m keeping my switch collection going for now I’ve abandon my LRG complete collection as of this week. I was buying 2 covers and CE’s for each game and I had to finally look in the mirror and say .....enough this is nothing but a company preying on collectors. So I’ve dropped to one copy and will offload the doubles at some point of the vita and PS4. I assume at some point I will do so with the switch

I did the same, I've given up on CE's and am just going to a standard only collection. I don't really care about reversible covers, I just care if the outer edge says something different kind of like the Fate/Extella Limited Box and whatnot

I’ve stuck with the CEs for now... but do see that stopping at some point

SpaceAce13

hirokun

Yeah the LRG model is lacking. I like the CEs I do. They can keep up the pace they bring them to market. But yes I agree the number of them that have CEs is too many. Slime San is the first one that I felt %100 didn't need a CE even though the game is a game full of character and good gameplay. Reversible covers even I'm okay with just because I am a sucker for the inside art. I was super impressed with it when breath of the wild had that art on the inside. I don't think having them sealed with one or the other art showing is very good though, we all know thats a NIB collector cash grab.

Still, seems things are heating up. Play Asia getting their second one already and their price and free shipping is super competitive, though their genres have both been the scrolling shooter type.

As I have to start picking and choosing I will be going for NIS games at least. Everyone else comes second. If Atlas gets their act together and starts putting out switch games like the 3DS and DS days with the launch editions I'd probably go for that too. But it seems Nicalis are the ones doing that.

Anyhow yeah at 2k CEs that is really slimming down and telling that they know they are tapping us all out. I think a better model would be 1 smaller release with no CE and a bigger one with a CE a month since they seem to want to go 2 a month. But we all know night trap will probably be a nightmare.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

SpaceAce13

hirokun wrote:

Anyhow yeah at 2k CEs that is really slimming down and telling that they know they are tapping us all out. I think a better model would be 1 smaller release with no CE and a bigger one with a CE a month since they seem to want to go 2 a month. But we all know night trap will probably be a nightmare.

I agree 100% that release model would be perfect and I would love to see them do it (they won’t). And I’m really worried I’m going to miss out on the night trap CE after going 7/7 so far. I really don’t want to pay scalper prices on that one.

SpaceAce13

Paraka

I am relieved I only went standard with LRG and SRG prints from the get go. Made a second purchase each time cause I plan on vaulting the unopened ones together by the Switch is dead and make a charity auction.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Everyone’s talking about Kingdom : New Lands and I just finally jumped on Slime-San lol.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Red Dead Redemption II
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

Everyone’s talking about Kingdom : New Lands and I just finally jumped on Slime-San lol.

I’m actually far more excited about kingdom new lands than slime-San. Kingdom actually looks awesome

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I’m actually far more excited about kingdom new lands than slime-San. Kingdom actually looks awesome

Meh.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Red Dead Redemption II
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

The_Legend77

I went with Standard. Aside from the bills, I just said forget it. Nothing stood out that said "get this" as a CE. $60 for what? I'm at the point I'll probably do Standard until I can lower or pay off my bill. These bi-weekly CEs are annoying. Some of us are fed up with it. We can't keep up and they're getting to be not as collectable in my eyes honestly. Plus the fact I don't plan on selling so what am I trying to do, impress everyone? Nope.

The_Legend77

leerafuse

I have been collecting only standard since the Switch came out. I have 114, plus 18 on preorder. I don't know how anyone has the money to collect all CE's. But I am not one for collectables either. I just want the game. And even that is becoming a expensive task! But damn it is fun haha

252 Switch games... and counting...
59 Gamecube games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
126 NES games... and counting...

SpaceAce13

leerafuse wrote:

I have been collecting only standard since the Switch came out. I have 114, plus 18 on preorder. I don't know how anyone has the money to collect all CE's. But I am not one for collectables either. I just want the game. And even that is becoming a expensive task! But damn it is fun haha

I really like collectors editions... I don’t know why because it really is just useless stuff and a standard game usually... but I like it. I get a lot of CEs and just fewer games. While you have 114, I have 41, but a bunch of those are collectors editions

SpaceAce13

leerafuse

SpaceAce13 wrote:

leerafuse wrote:

I really like collectors editions... I don’t know why because it really is just useless stuff and a standard game usually... but I like it. I get a lot of CEs and just fewer games. While you have 114, I have 41, but a bunch of those are collectors editions

Nice! I was a 64 collector, basically before CE's, haven't played Nintendo since 64, life got in the way, now I am back in with Switch. I dunno maybe I am too old and basic for CE's haha I just want a pretty red spine game collection.

252 Switch games... and counting...
59 Gamecube games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
126 NES games... and counting...

TalonMan

...yeah - the CE market has officially DIED at LRG. The second batch of Kingdom New Lands CE is still available (133 of them left!!), FOUR HOURS LATER!!! Wow - that's incredible.

I'm still going to buy the CEs, if I can. But I've quit buying doubles after Slime-san. I was lucky enough to offload my duplicate of PixelJunk - I just hope I can eventually do the same with my Slime-san bundle (I got the "extra bundle" because the plushies had sold out, and am hoping that allows me to offload my duplicate it a little easier).

Maybe LRG will get the message now, and change their business model. Thimbleweed has been BY FAR, their best release. It had excellent build-up (as it was their first Switch release) and it also happens to be a great game. I think their next "big" release will be Night Trap, if for no other reason that the novelty of having that particular game on a Nintendo platform - but also because "retro" is a big deal these days. Outside of Night Trap though, they REALLY need to pull back on this two-per-month and every-game-has-a-CE stuff. It really is way too much, and there are only so many gaming $$ to go around!!!

TalonMan

The_Legend77

It's almost 5am here and the CE are still there. I hope this is a big wake up call to them. LRG...slow it down!

The_Legend77

MrCIB

Well...... this happens when you push the envelope. They are a business and have to find the limits of their customers and I believe they have. The CE for most games now isn’t going to cut it but they do because that’s how they make extra money. But they are just throwing things together. Saturday RPG was a well done CE. They started this CE craze last year and you start to see a down turn in the speed of sellouts since then. It use to be standard game and maybe a soundtrack. I understand every company has to elvolve but their market in all honesty was collectors and truth be told scalpers. They’ve turn both those bases off. Collectors by the CE’s and reserve covers across multiple platforms and scalpers with pre-orders. The Pre-Orders I think works great to allow the customer 2 weeks to decide if they want to purchase or better manage their finances.

As far as Night Trap...... the hype won’t be like when it sold on the PS4.

Only time will tell.

MrCIB

SpaceAce13

Well, I caved. I got Dimension Drive. I’m such a sucker for shmups

SpaceAce13

MrCIB

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Well, I caved. I got Dimension Drive. I’m such a sucker for shmups

Good cave

MrCIB

The_Legend77

It finally sold out but I think we spoke with our wallets. Hopefully LRG will get the message. If not, I'm sure their next few will do just as poorly unless its some amazing game everyone wants. Cut down the CEs...cut down the amount of games. They're going to keep on to where they have such a massive backlog of orders to ship that it'll catch up to them and people will be very pissed. I mean, why keep purchasing every two weeks if we have to wait one of two months for a game to finally ship?

The_Legend77

Paraka

@The_Legend77 - The CEs definitely need answered, but the frequency of the actual game releases are apparently on par with the demand other gamers had of the PS4 PRIOR to the Switch being a thing at all. So I doubt that will change.

Paraka

hirokun

I just think the model could use changing for LRG on switch. However they make those deals with the game devs, so it is probably hard to tell them "we don't want to do a CE with you guys" because that sounds insulting.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic