Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 11,396

The_Legend77

It's almost 5am here and the CE are still there. I hope this is a big wake up call to them. LRG...slow it down!

The_Legend77

MrCIB

Well...... this happens when you push the envelope. They are a business and have to find the limits of their customers and I believe they have. The CE for most games now isn’t going to cut it but they do because that’s how they make extra money. But they are just throwing things together. Saturday RPG was a well done CE. They started this CE craze last year and you start to see a down turn in the speed of sellouts since then. It use to be standard game and maybe a soundtrack. I understand every company has to elvolve but their market in all honesty was collectors and truth be told scalpers. They’ve turn both those bases off. Collectors by the CE’s and reserve covers across multiple platforms and scalpers with pre-orders. The Pre-Orders I think works great to allow the customer 2 weeks to decide if they want to purchase or better manage their finances.

As far as Night Trap...... the hype won’t be like when it sold on the PS4.

Only time will tell.

MrCIB

SpaceAce13

Well, I caved. I got Dimension Drive. I’m such a sucker for shmups

SpaceAce13

MrCIB

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Well, I caved. I got Dimension Drive. I’m such a sucker for shmups

Good cave

MrCIB

The_Legend77

It finally sold out but I think we spoke with our wallets. Hopefully LRG will get the message. If not, I'm sure their next few will do just as poorly unless its some amazing game everyone wants. Cut down the CEs...cut down the amount of games. They're going to keep on to where they have such a massive backlog of orders to ship that it'll catch up to them and people will be very pissed. I mean, why keep purchasing every two weeks if we have to wait one of two months for a game to finally ship?

The_Legend77

Paraka

@The_Legend77 - The CEs definitely need answered, but the frequency of the actual game releases are apparently on par with the demand other gamers had of the PS4 PRIOR to the Switch being a thing at all. So I doubt that will change.

Paraka

hirokun

I just think the model could use changing for LRG on switch. However they make those deals with the game devs, so it is probably hard to tell them "we don't want to do a CE with you guys" because that sounds insulting.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

JasmineDragon

eightbit wrote:

The only CE I purchased was Saturday Morning RPG. And that was only because it was different and cool. Carded toys that mimic GI Joe from when I was a kid? Hell yes! Now THAT is an awesome CE.

But, all of the rest so far...eh. I really don't care about soundtracks. Most of these games I never even played. Do I really believe the music is going to be so memorable to me that I am going to want to break out a CD player and listen to it? Steelbook cases look cool, but they just take up space and don't conform with my red spine collection.

I said it before and I will say it again, unless the CE is appealing to me I will pass and go with the standard game release. At $60 or more a pop for a game and some junk....the junk had better be good junk I am a grown man with a wife and two kids and a decent job and even I have to be very selective with my purchases to find the balance between enjoying collecting and facing poverty.

Heh, I'm the exact opposite. While I can appreciate the appeal of something like SMRPG's CE, it's exactly what I don't need cluttering up my house. I used to collect action figures like crazy, but I've cut down to collecting nothing but Godzilla and extremely select superhero figures. When I say select, I mean I'm buying maybe two figures a year. I just got to a point where I don't want any more plastic bric-a-brac piling up around me. So something like SMRPG is the last thing I'm going to buy.

A soundtrack and an art book, though? Now that's appealing to me. I'm a huge music and art lover. Let me rip that CD to my computer and add those tracks to my random play, put the artbook on my shelf to pore over in between games. This is the kind of thing I want. And steelbooks are my number one weakness. I HATE that the Switch shelf is 95% identical red spines with identical white lettering. It's so boring!

This is why the Xenoblade Chronicles SE is the only SE I've bought so far for Switch. Great game, of course. Soundtrack, check. Artbook, check. Steelbook, check! It's perfect for me!

Not trying to run your choices down at all, it just struck me as funny that two gamers in very similar situations in life have the exact opposite priorities about their collections.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

The_Legend77

@eightbit
You're correct on what you say. They aren't forcing anyone. I guess it's just that collector in me who WANTS it but can't afford it. $30 plus shipping for a game is definitely doable every two weeks. Honestly that's awesome considering most retail games are $60. Maybe I'm just frustrated at what all is going on in my personal life that it makes it more difficult to collect. But hey, at least I'll have the LRG games out the way and not pay double or more years down the road!

The_Legend77

Gold_Ranger

When is Mario Rabbits Gold Edition being physically released?

Gold_Ranger

Magician

Gold_Ranger wrote:

When is Mario Rabbits Gold Edition being physically released?

June 29th, but it's only Mario + Rabbids packaged with a DLC code for the season pass.

You could just go buy M+R now, and avoid that awful gold label on top of an otherwise nice box art.

P.S. - it looks like Nicalis will be using the Japanese box art for the 2nd print run of Cave Story+.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TalonMan

eightbit wrote:

I think the way they are doing things are fine. I mean LRG is not forcing you to buy a CE (thankfully) to get the game. They are giving the option of game only or CE. They can do it for every game for all I care. Even if it is taking them a day to sell through....it is a day. Think about that for a moment. I can still buy the Fire Emblem CE at Best Buy. Granted the production numbers are vastly different and not as limited as LRG's CE's, but I don't think it concerns them in the slightest that it took 24 hours to sell out of their latest CE versus 30 minutes on others. As a business as long as you sell out that is a great thing...and as long as you sell out you will continue to use that business model.

I suspect CE versions of every game going forward to continue to happen...until they get to a point where they just do not sell and have to go on clearance to clear out. If that happens the business model will change.

I prefer the way things are personally. With the CE's being the "desirable" versions, the standard editions are open pre-order and giving us two weeks to get them. That's great and basically guarantees I will be able to get a physical copy of ever game they release with no headaches. I mean, if you work and have a steady income there is no reason why anybody can't do this given the amount of time you have and the relatively inexpensive (usually $29.99) cost of the game only copy.

Now if they eliminate CE's and make standard copies "limited" (like 2000 copies only, etc) that is going to pose a problem. That said, I don't want them to change anything

You know - this is actually a great point, and I guess I've just become accustomed to seeing these CEs sell-out within minutes. So, when a CE is (heaven forbid!!!) still available a day later, it's obvious that the world is ending...

...so, you're likely right - so long as they continue to sell-out at all, they will very likely continue making them. Why not? It's free money for them, it satisfies a particular segment of their client base, and there is no harm being done by selling them. My only REAL gripe with them, is their release cycle - I honestly cannot keep up with this every-two-weeks stuff, especially with the CEs. But I don't see that changing either - unless their OVERALL numbers are dropping, too which is quite possible.

The question is - is the fact that it took 24hrs for that CE to sell-out a symptom of the CEs only? Or, is it systemic and their sell-through rate for BOTH the standard and CEs are down significantly... ...because that's the only thing that would really force them to change their model.

TalonMan

Paraka

eightbit wrote:

I think the way they are doing things are fine. I mean LRG is not forcing you to buy a CE (thankfully) to get the game. They are giving the option of game only or CE. They can do it for every game for all I care. Even if it is taking them a day to sell through....it is a day. Think about that for a moment. I can still buy the Fire Emblem CE at Best Buy. Granted the production numbers are vastly different and not as limited as LRG's CE's, but I don't think it concerns them in the slightest that it took 24 hours to sell out of their latest CE versus 30 minutes on others. As a business as long as you sell out that is a great thing...and as long as you sell out you will continue to use that business model.

I suspect CE versions of every game going forward to continue to happen...until they get to a point where they just do not sell and have to go on clearance to clear out. If that happens the business model will change.

I prefer the way things are personally. With the CE's being the "desirable" versions, the standard editions are open pre-order and giving us two weeks to get them. That's great and basically guarantees I will be able to get a physical copy of ever game they release with no headaches. I mean, if you work and have a steady income there is no reason why anybody can't do this given the amount of time you have and the relatively inexpensive (usually $29.99) cost of the game only copy.

Now if they eliminate CE's and make standard copies "limited" (like 2000 copies only, etc) that is going to pose a problem. That said, I don't want them to change anything

I am definitely not saying they need to end the CE, but what they've offered is lackluster in a good sum. Thankfully I made the active decision to purely be a standard order. However, there is quite a few who made it their goal to buy the CE, and they feel cheapened if they don't see it sell out fast, leaving them with the idea that the CE isn't as prestigious as others.

Paraka

GrailUK

I'm not collecting every game, however I do prefer physical games to digital, so if it's a game I like (Thimbleweed, Flinthook and Slime-san) I'll grab em. If it's a game I reeeally like, then I'll grab the limited. Thimbleweed Park and Thumper (when it releases). Oh and Yooka-Laylee too. I am not even remotely interested in Night Trap. It was naff in '92. It's probably aged like milk.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

The_Legend77

I know people hate on GameStop but I shop there and pre-order as well. With all this talk of GsmeStop being bought out or who knows what, I'm worried about my pre-orders. Will I lose my money? Do I get refunded? Will I even gety games? I feel I'll know closer to when whatever happens, but I don't want to wait too late and lose out my money. I've got quite a fee reserved and can't afford to lose it 100%.

The_Legend77

MrCIB

@The_Legend77

If you don’t want to risk losing it use it but rarely are the rewards programs zero out right away. As far as pre-orders I thought GameStop doesn’t charge until they ship unless you put $5 down on a preorder. I don’t preorder at GameStop unless it’s an exclusive however, I don’t think. You should worry at this point.

MrCIB

The_Legend77

@MrCIB
Yeah I was talking about pre-orders. You put $5 minimum down, unless it's a CE. For instance, my CE Octopath cost me $25 minimum to put down. I know I shouldn't worry too much cause I know a lot of people have pre-orders as well, and if they just messed everyone over, man, talk about some you know what going down. It does make me nervous, though.

The_Legend77

Belexes

Unless it's a GameStop exclusive, some may wish to start to pre-order with another company. With them exploring being bought-out/sold, who knows how much a guarantee they will give a pre-orders.

I am one of those GS haters and will be watching them circle the drain. :^)

Belexes

Paraka

@Belexes - It is bitter sweet victory for gamers. Cause if they go down the drain, it means there is no venue for them to change and be better as a game store, especially since they became the monster they are by buying out other stores. They are the monopoly, they didn't get bad and successful at the same time.

On that same note, whoever buys them out may have more possessive measures they want to consider for the consumer end. With the digital media on the rise and companies like Activision and EA looking at cleaver control tactics, we may see a much bigger monster come from this.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Speaking of Gamestop,

For those of you getting Wolfenstein II, don’t forget about the Switch cover!

Also, my copy of Yoku’s has been updated to arrive this Thursday from Amazon. Pretty pricey week between De Blob, Crash, Wolfenstein, and now Yoku arriving! Oh well; at least it’s my birthday on Saturday, so I’ll use that as my excuse lol. 31; ugh....I feel so old.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic