Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 11,391

MrCIB

@TalonMan same for Signature Edition Games Yonder.... that’s only 500. two things hurting it

1. Not promoted as a US Version originally
2. Doesn’t appear to come in a box and is not a true CE

MrCIB

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan same for Signature Edition Games Yonder.... that’s only 500. two things hurting it

Yonder is only getting a 500 release, too? I didn't see that noted anywhere on their site...? Although, at least for that one, being that it's PAL only I can understand the smaller draw to it - ShaqFu, on the otherhand, has a US option (and a 5% chance for an autographed copy). Just seems weird to me with the volume of insane collectors out there for the Switch, that this one would still be hanging around...

TalonMan

MrCIB

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

Yonder is only getting a 500 release, too? I didn't see that noted anywhere on their site...? Although, at least for that one, being that it's PAL only I can understand the smaller draw to it - ShaqFu, on the otherhand, has a US option (and a 5% chance for an autographed copy). Just seems weird to me with the volume of insane collectors out there for the Switch, that this one would still be hanging around...

The option to select a US versus Pegi version was not available when I purchase it.... only T-Shirt size.

Yonder went up with 500 copies and has about 200+ left

MrCIB

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

The option to select a US versus Pegi version was not available when I purchase it.... only T-Shirt size.

Yonder went up with 500 copies and has about 200+ left

How do you know what the inventory is and what's left?? I don't see it anywhere on their site...??

TalonMan

MrCIB

@TalonMan you are a world class web developer you know how. View the source code.... on Shopify sites it shows....search for inventory or inv. You will see the amount remaining. LRG got hip to it once a couple people kept twitting the Thimbleweed numbers so they start with false numbers now for the pre-orders. When Shaq went up I purchased when it was 498

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan you are a world class web developer you know how. View the source code.... on Shopify sites it shows....search for inventory or inv. You will see the amount remaining. LRG got hip to it once a couple people kept twitting the Thimbleweed numbers so they start with false numbers now for the pre-orders. When Shaq went up I purchased when it was 498

LOL!!! I never would have actually thought to look in the source!!! That's FANTASTIC!! Ha! Ha!!!

TalonMan

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

That's awesome - I see that Shaq is down to about 25 US left, and about 60 PAL... ...EXCELLENT future knowledge!!

Edit:
And for added bonus - Human Fall Flat (about 500) and Flame in the Flood (about 300)

Edited on by TalonMan

TalonMan

MrCIB

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

That's awesome - I see that Shaq is down to about 25 US left, and about 60 PAL... ...EXCELLENT future knowledge!!

Edit:
And for added bonus - Human Fall Flat (about 500) and Flame in the Flood (about 300)

You have now entered the Matrix. I’m not so sure about Super Rares numbers.... I think they may have drop stock because they had a large drop one day. Not sure but a hunch. But yeah it’s cool to make informed decisions

MrCIB

SpaceAce13

TalonMan wrote:

I'm sorta surprised with only 500 copies available, that ShaqFu CE is still available. Even at $120 or so, it's still a small enough production run to justify, no?

For me it was just that there was nothing special about it other than the small print run. The game and case is the exact same as standard which is $40, so you’re basically paying $85 for a bag, a hat I don’t want, a shirt I don’t want, and a vinyl I’ll never listen to. Just not worth it to me

SpaceAce13

TalonMan

SpaceAce13 wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

I'm sorta surprised with only 500 copies available, that ShaqFu CE is still available. Even at $120 or so, it's still a small enough production run to justify, no?

For me it was just that there was nothing special about it other than the small print run. The game and case is the exact same as standard which is $40, so you’re basically paying $85 for a bag, a hat I don’t want, a shirt I don’t want, and a vinyl I’ll never listen to. Just not worth it to me

...and "secret" day 1 DLC.

LOL!! But yeah - I get it what you're sayin'...

TalonMan

MrCIB

SpaceAce13 wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

I don’t want the crap either lol but always a hope it comes in a large sealed box ..,, if not off to the sales bin.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

rumandgore

Safe to assume that the next few LRG releases will have CEs as well? Anybody find any details?

rumandgore

The_Legend77

I have to agree...the price they ask for the Shaq Fu is absurd. I don't feel the price justifies what you get. If it was a guaranteed autograph copy, then maybe...but in my opinion, this is the definition of a poor LE. Lower that price and we will talk...but at the price it is now, no way.

SMRPG was a prime example of a great CE...and at only $80! I feel what I get is worth it more. Granted, it's not clothing and I refuse to open those figures, but I will get more enjoyment out of it than I would the Shaq Fu one.

The_Legend77

SpaceAce13

rumandgore wrote:

Safe to assume that the next few LRG releases will have CEs as well? Anybody find any details?

I’m going to assume, at least for now, that all of their switch releases will get CEs. The only games I know they have announced that haven’t been released now are Slime San and Night Trap

SpaceAce13

TalonMan

Of all the things I've learned in this thread, that inventory thing is BY FAR the coolest!! THANK YOU @MrCIB!!!

TalonMan

rumandgore

Fabraz tweeted “June 8th”. I’m assuming that’s when Slime-San will go live on LRG.

You’d also still be able to get a standard edition of SMRPG if you need one and combine shipping.

Edited on by rumandgore

rumandgore

twelvestar

MrCIB wrote:

rumandgore wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

It'd be nice to see LRG employ an 'every-other-month' release schedule between their PS4/Vita and Switch titles. Today, SMRPG for Switch. June would be a PS4/Vita release. July would be Switch, and so on. I think their customers would be receptive to that (I know my wallet would love it).

I agree completely. I can’t keep up financially so I chose to break the “gotta have them all mentality” with SMRPG since it’s not my thing. For me, it’s better the cycle ends now than 6 months from now on their 13,534 Switch release when I can no longer justify buying every release.

From what I can tell from forums, lots of PS4 collectors arevexhausted from the sheer volume of their games and their release schedule.

2 games monthly is intense.

Not going to happen.... they have to feed the machine they created. With 15+ employees and a bunch of titles signed up even before the switch rolled around they are going to ride it till the wheels fall off. The range will be 12-24 a year from them (closer to 24) for switch games. They are the largest publisher of individual titles on playstation and soon will be on the switch. What they need to stop is doing a CE for every other game they publish.... that’s the real heart burn. Along with printing reverse covers and sealing them both ways to make collectors feel they have to get both. Until people vote with their wallets this madness will continue. For example if you are a PS4, Vita and Switch hardcore variant collector you would have had to buy 13 games today!

Antiqua 4
SMRPG 3
CSH 6

Crazy

Oh I didn't expect them to do the 'every-other-month' approach. That's just my wishful thinking that won't come true.

Yeah, the factory-sealed reversible variant covers are annoying. Just do one reversible cover and call it good. That's just a (greedy) money-grab tactic.

So is that going to be LRG's approach for Switch titles? Two per month? One mid-month and one end-month for the rest of the year (to get to 24)? If so, that's going to be absolutely brutal.

twelvestar

SpaceAce13

NISA shipped my fallen legion CE today

SpaceAce13

The_Legend77

I want to update everyone on something...I contacted PlayAsia support about the U.S. physical on Little Nightmares. They confirmed it was NOT cancelled and had even shipped a copy to a customer. Furthermore, they even linked to the U.S. copy they show on their site and asked if I was talking about that one.

Well folks, I am taking a Gamble and have placed an order for a copy. I know it's going to take a few weeks BUT if this truly is a U.S. copy, this could be a very rare title down the road. Unless gamestores and retailers pick it back up, if this is the only way to get a version, then I believe it'll be highly sought after.

I will keep everyone updated on the game, especially when it arrives. If it is a U.S. release, trust me I will let everyone know. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

The_Legend77

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic