Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 5,618

MrCIB

The_Legend77 wrote:

Little Nightmares Update...

I checked on GameFAQs, and apparently someone had pre-ordered the US physical release. Since everyone has been stating it was cancelled, they said they emailed Play-Asia.

According to his response, Play-Asia stated it's still releasing and will be available for shipping on May 24th.

Did I miss something cause last time I checked we weren't getting a US physical...can anyone give some info?

Play Asia is the only place it is listed and status is "Pending stock arrival." so we will have to see. Maybe they printed some up and will go out who knows. It may be worth the gamble

MrCIB

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

I checked on GameFAQs, and apparently someone had pre-ordered the US physical release. Since everyone has been stating it was cancelled, they said they emailed Play-Asia.

According to his response, Play-Asia stated it's still releasing and will be available for shipping on May 24th.

Did I miss something cause last time I checked we weren't getting a US physical...can anyone give some info?

Play Asia is the only place it is listed and status is "Pending stock arrival." so we will have to see. Maybe they printed some up and will go out who knows. It may be worth the gamble

Did you happen to order the Omake Books import of this? I got mine today - a tad disappointed...

TalonMan

SVTornado

Mario+rabbids kingdom battle gold edition has been announced, includes the DK dlc.

SVTornado

Miadaskate

Looks like the Bethesda / Gamestop partnership is continuing with special Wolfenstein II art at stores on release. The article mentions a sleeve, which makes me think it’s like a slipcover that goes over the case?

There are also alternate covers that can be downloaded and printed. I prefer the all-red cover, personally.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4pRJZOPj84ekigKeMCw6EY/altern...

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

MrCIB

Miadaskate wrote:

Looks like the Bethesda / Gamestop partnership is continuing with special Wolfenstein II art at stores on release. The article mentions a sleeve, which makes me think it’s like a slipcover that goes over the case?

There are also alternate covers that can be downloaded and printed. I prefer the all-red cover, personally.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4pRJZOPj84ekigKeMCw6EY/altern...

We’ll be releasing a special game sleeve with alternate artwork that can be picked up at any GameStop location across North America. No purchase is required, just walk into your local GameStop store starting on launch day, June 29, to pick up the special game sleeve while supplies last.

MrCIB

Belexes

MrCIB wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

And this after I already put my order in for the PAL version with shop4megastore. Will be curious to see if any NA stock was shipped to Play Asia.

Belexes

Miadaskate

@MrCIB For those who don’t feel like reading the article, I guess?

Currently Playing :

MrCIB

Miadaskate wrote:

@MrCIB For those who don’t feel like reading the article, I guess?

Highlighting "no purchase required" for everyone but they show just the insert. Be interesting to see what it is

MrCIB

Miadaskate

MrCIB wrote:

Highlighting "no purchase required" for everyone but they show just the insert. Be interesting to see what it is

Gotcha. That is nice of them. I just hope they have enough quantities to go around. If not, I’m sure they’ll be up on eBay. The Skyrim covers are.

I’m double-dipping in this one. I played it on the PS4 back when it originally released on PS4. Great game. Not as good as The New Order / The Old Blood, but still good.

Currently Playing :

McGruber

A lot of Gamestops had the Skyrim covers months after launch. You just had to ask. I asked and got one for my copy that I had at home. A lot of Gamestop employees with give you those kind of things for free if you just ask. I had a guy deny me a Pokemon code once because they weren't supposed to go out til the next day and I'm just like...ok

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

TalonMan

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

Did you happen to order the Omake Books import of this? I got mine today - a tad disappointed...

You ignored my question @MrCIB!!!! **sad face**

...did you get the Omake Books collectible?

TalonMan

Zuljaras

@Miadaskate "Amazing" workaround for cheaping out on 32GB cartridges.

"Hey guys do you know that ugly sticker we have on our "physical" game!? Don't worry you can just put a new one and everything will be okay!!! It is magical cover that adds more GBs to the cheap cartridge!"

Yeah I am salty!

Zuljaras

MrCIB

@TalonMan oh rats my fault.... I ordered 2 but hasn’t shown up yet. I understand they don’t come in a box.... is that true? If so they will hit ebay

MrCIB

Miadaskate

Zuljaras wrote:

@Miadaskate "Amazing" workaround for cheaping out on 32GB cartridges.

"Hey guys do you know that ugly sticker we have on our "physical" game!? Don't worry you can just put a new one and everything will be okay!!! It is magical cover that adds more GBs to the cheap cartridge!"

Yeah I am salty!

Employee # 1 “Eh; screw ‘em. Just throw in something for free, and they’ll forget all about it. Any ideas?”

Employee # 2 “Yeah; I’ve got an idea. How about a cleaning cloth?”

Employee # 1 “Brilliant. Done.”

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan oh rats my fault.... I ordered 2 but hasn’t shown up yet. I understand they don’t come in a box.... is that true? If so they will hit ebay

Yup - no box, and that's why I'm disappointed.

That big "box" looking thing in the picture, is actually the book (it's an INCREDIBLY thick and, if you are into that kind of stuff and comics in general, it's actually quite attractive and very nicely put together!!!) - but since I'm a GAME collector (not a BOOK collector), I was definitely bummed that everything comes loose...

TalonMan

Zuljaras

@Miadaskate Haha, exactly! I just hope (like I never hoped before) that other games will not be like that. Fallout game I am looking at you!

That is why Dark Souls Remastered is day one purchase!

On a side note is a 25$ Axiom Verge Collectors edition (multiverse) worth it. I am not sure because I am not BIG on indies but the game seems ok and the one person who made it seems really passionate for making it!

Zuljaras

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

On a side note is a 25$ Axiom Verge Collectors edition (multiverse) worth it. I am not sure because I am not BIG on indies but the game seems ok and the one person who made it seems really passionate for making it!

Axiom Verge is my favorite indie game on the Switch.

If you enjoy Metroidvanias like Cave Story or Steamworld Dig, don't skip Axiom Verge.

P.S. - Marvelous has announced that Gal Metal will be localized, set for release physically and digitally in Europe in Autumn. https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/games/gal-metal

P.P.S - Floor Kids twitter account hints at an upcoming physical release. https://mobile.twitter.com/FloorKidsCrew/status/9979776853380...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 315 games (as of April 23rd, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita)

Miadaskate

Zuljaras wrote:

If you like Metroid, Axiom Verge is absolutely worth it. It’s a fan’s love letter to the genre, for sure.

Currently Playing :

hirokun

GJ bethesda. Cool alts to be sure. I honestly just hope they bring the next Elder Scrolls game to Switch. Seeing their track record so far, optimization for switch has been surprisingly good. Perhaps I'm being too hopeful.

To be honest, I kind of like this idea of offering different cover sleeves that are artful. Fills the void of not having a LE/CE and makes for a cheap way for collectors and fans to be able to express themselves.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic