Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 11,398

hirokun

yeah screw crowd funding. especially fig. I'd be okay missing any of those. If it works out well and the game is worth it, I would have faith that it would get an increased physical release after the kickstarter. If not, then the game wasn't actually that great now was it?

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

hirokun

MrCIB wrote:

Newsweek article on Best Buy GCU and Amazon Prime struggles

http://www.newsweek.com/best-buy-gcu-program-ending-amazon-ga...

maybe if AAA devs actually sold digital for less than $60 I would have been more lenient to the digitalization. But why do that? Why buy a $100+ memory card to pay the same $60 and eat through internet data limits, and prevent myself from doing anything else online until the download completes? Yeah, GCU was a godsend, and I will miss it.

hirokun

Looking at my current collection I realized....%90 of the games I have paid for, haven't even been released yet...There isn't a ton out that I enjoy, but man oh man, is there a lot of cool stuff I am exciting to play...that or it has no physical release(I can wait for) like golf story or celeste. Also I'm a believer in the Holy Church of Nippon Ichi Software.

Miadaskate

Hey all, first-time poster, long-time lurker here. Just wanted to chime in and say this thread has been a godsend over the past year or so that I’ve owned a Switch. I only collect North American physical Switch releases that I enjoy and know I will play. I’d like to buy for other regions, but unfortunately, I’m not a fan of the ratings logos that they put on their boxes (no offense!). I’m currently at 30 / 31 if you count that I have two editions of BOTW, and tomorrow with Mega Man Legacy will make 32 physical releases. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for keeping me posted.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

The_Legend77

Miadaskate wrote:

Hey all, first-time poster, long-time lurker here. Just wanted to chime in and say this thread has been a godsend over the past year or so that I’ve owned a Switch. I only collect North American physical Switch releases that I enjoy and know I will play. I’d like to buy for other regions, but unfortunately, I’m not a fan of the ratings logos that they put on their boxes (no offense!). I’m currently at 30 / 31 if you count that I have two editions of BOTW, and tomorrow with Mega Man Legacy will make 32 physical releases. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for keeping me posted.

Welcome! I'm new myself! This thread has been amazing and helped me alot. Stinks that you don't like PEGI enough to not import (or the Japanese system) as there are amazing games we will never get, but everyone has their thing. Thanks for joining and posting!

The_Legend77

SVTornado

Super rare games put out an email today about their third release. It will be on sale on May 29th and supposedly it will be revealed earlier exclusively through Nintendolife.

SVTornado

Miadaskate

@The_Legend77 Thanks and welcome, too! Yeah; just not a fan of the ratings logos from other countries. They kinda stick out like a sore thumb. Not to mention the cost and stress of getting things shipped from other countries is usually a hassle in my opinion. I’ve noticed more often than not, if other countries get a release, North America usually follows suit if they didn’t already have it. If not; I’ll just enjoy it digitally. It’s just much easier keeping track of North American releases, which I can barely do for Switch with this thread. Every week it seems like there’s a new release! Also, I’m weird.

Currently Playing :

hirokun

SVTornado wrote:

Super rare games put out an email today about their third release. It will be on sale on May 29th and supposedly it will be revealed earlier exclusively through Nintendolife.

hopefully its not another lukewarm game. They got off on the wrong foot with their first two titles.

McGruber

I also don't like the other ratings, but if I wanted a game bad enough I'd import. Much worse than the ratings logos are the download warnings on top of games like Resident Evil Revelations. Those kill me.

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Paraka

McGruber wrote:

I also don't like the other ratings, but if I wanted a game bad enough I'd import. Much worse than the ratings logos are the download warnings on top of games like Resident Evil Revelations. Those kill me.

@McGruber - This is why I am trying to garner some time to make some custom box arts for several of these games to comply with the NA regions listing for those interested. That Internet Require icon one is what pulled me off the edge for that. Gaudy and uuuugly.

Outside that; Any news on Play Asia release?

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

SVTornado

@hirokun at this point it's almost certain that it's shelter generations since it was found published by SRG on the official Pegi rating board website.

SVTornado

Magician

Paraka wrote:

Outside that; Any news on Play Asia release?

Nothing official yet.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

SVTornado wrote:

@hirokun at this point it's almost certain that it's shelter generations since it was found published by SRG on the official Pegi rating board website.

Another survival game? LRG is doing a better job at variety with their titles.

Belexes

SVTornado

@Belexes exactly, supposedly SRG has signed at least one rpg, shmup, 3D platformer and beat em up.

SVTornado

Miadaskate

@McGruber UGH yeah, they really need to stop doing that. I believe Mega Man is like that. Weirdly enough, it looks like X is not. Also, they really need to stop with the 1 game on cart, 1 game download for multiple game collections. There is no way Mega Man 1-10 can’t fit on a freaking cart. Also it kills the resale value (if you were to sell) because you’re only selling half of the game. Thankfully I don’t sell or trade games, though.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

@Paraka Custom cover art for NA games would be much appreciated!

Currently Playing :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic