Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 11,365

The_Legend77

fatbaldman wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

Did anyone have any issues with their Human Fall Flat/Flame in the Flood order? You see I ordered them together and received them the other day. Today I got the games again. I only purchased one set that I recall. No clue what happened or why I have two of each game.

Edit: Double checked my order with them...double checked my statements...and I only ordered the combo pack once. Unless I completely overlooked something I just got another set for free. Part of me says cool ...the other says that's not cool.

wierd because i received 2 copies of flame in the flood a week apart maybe. i dont recall ordering it twice. checked my emails though, and i did have have 2 emails with confirmations and different order number but i really dont remember having ordered twice...

so i dont even know if i paid for the game once or twice....

Check your statements or PayPal, however you paid for it. Might have been a misclick?

As for my ordeal, I'm sorry folks, but I had to email them and explain the situation. I honestly feel bad knowing someone accidentally shipped me a second order. I have a conscience and it just bugs me. I even asked them if there was anything I could do, especially since I live in the US and they're in Great Britain I think?

If they want me to ship it back, I'm fine with that. Not to sound rude, but hopefully this will help them fix future shipping issues. As far as I know they're new so yeah, there will be mess ups...just hoping with my letting them know they'll look into it and do what needs to be done so this won't happen down the road.

I'll let everyone know what they say when they reply. Hopefully we can figure something together and they don't take a loss.

The_Legend77

hirokun

MrCIB wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

@MrCIB they just asked me about signing up last week and I declined ... wish I'd said yes now lol

Man it hurts but we will figure something out

darn, this is awful news...This was the only thing getting me in the store at bestbuy, and surprisingly, it has gotten me to buy more stuff from them. I've bought 3 switch consoles in total from them(1 was a gift, another because I sold my first one to a friend). Got me also buying a fair number of various items like headphones. However I don't think I will ever make the trek to bestbuy if they end GCU. I don't want to give gamestop my patronage, so I may have to use amazon prime from my friends again(I just don't care to spend $120 a year for 2 day shipping that will almost never make a difference for me, nor do I care about the other prime perks). Looks like Target will be my new place to go since Toys R Us got screwed over by a leveraged buyout. Man, my options are getting uncomfortably slim.

Anyone know of any CC rewards that are suited towards gamers that is worth it? heh...

@The_Legend77 honestly since they are UK based they will probably tell you to keep them. Cost of shipping and all... I mean, shoot, I'll buy em off you if that happens(including cost of shipping). Part of the reason I didn't want to get those games was just shipping.

Edited on by hirokun

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

twelvestar

MrCIB wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

@MrCIB they just asked me about signing up last week and I declined ... wish I'd said yes now lol

Man it hurts but we will figure something out

It does for sure haha. I kept telling myself, "Next time, you can sign up next time." At least there's still Prime benefits (on most games) for those of us with memberships.

twelvestar

twelvestar

@The_Legend77 I'm actually still waiting on my copy of Flame in the Flood. "Shipped" May 5th, given to carrier May 9th, and it's been roaming around Los Angeles since May 14th (roughly). Really hope SRG offers FedEx or UPS shipping in the future, I'd gladly pay a few more bucks to prevent games getting stuck (and possibly damaged) in limbo with the USPS.

twelvestar

hirokun

twelvestar wrote:

@The_Legend77 I'm actually still waiting on my copy of Flame in the Flood. "Shipped" May 5th, given to carrier May 9th, and it's been roaming around Los Angeles since May 14th (roughly). Really hope SRG offers FedEx or UPS shipping in the future, I'd gladly pay a few more bucks to prevent games getting stuck (and possibly damaged) in limbo with the USPS.

hmmmm sounds fishy. I had a package I sent stuck at L.A. for literally 2 weeks, figured someone stole it, but suddenly it processed. I don't use USPS anymore for that and other reasons. I think something about LA they are just totally incompetent.

Kejomo

@The_Legend77 If you feel guilty having them around I’ll gladly give them a good home. Especially if you don’t charge scalpers rates. Lol.

Kejomo

twelvestar

hirokun wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

hmmmm sounds fishy. I had a package I sent stuck at L.A. for literally 2 weeks, figured someone stole it, but suddenly it processed. I don't use USPS anymore for that and other reasons. I think something about LA they are just totally incompetent.

That's what I thought, too, sounding fishy. I signed up for text alerts, and I've gotten "In Transit to Next Facility" messages the 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th ... no updates today. L.A. is screwy ... I'm in CO (3 states away), I can't imagine it taking more than a couple of days to get from L.A. to Denver to my house lol.

twelvestar

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

Bad News.... Seems Best Buy GCU will be going away

This absolutely does NOT surprise me!!! I've been saying this from the moment I joined up - there is absolutely NO WAY Best Buy isn't losing money, hand over fist with this program. It's just simply not possible!! I'm pretty sure I had read somewhere, that the average retailer makes about $10-$15 on a full price ($60-$70) game... ...and that profit is completely gone, with the 20% discount. And that $35 fee for TWO YEARS?!?!?! LOL!!! I saved that much on my FIRST ORDER!!

I'm willing to bet some muckity-muck executive saw what Amazon was offering and said, "WE NEED TO DO THIS!!!!" - except they didn't do the proper investigation as how it would ultimately work and what the costs are, and they went a step too far. Amazon only allows their 20% discount on pre-orders (and the first few weeks after release), and that is IT! And they RARELY offer the 20% on special edition games. With the GCU, if a game was released 5 years ago (and they have it in stock, of course) - so long as I buy the "New" version, I'm saving 20% (on top of whatever sale price, the game has already been reduced to). Amazon also happens to sell everything else on earth, which allows them to recoup that loss as consumers buy things other than video games - Best Buy is limited to electronics, and electronics only.

I'm SINCERELY disappointed that they're discontinuing it - but I'm happy as hell that they're at least honoring the members who already paid in (I still have a year and a half left!). And @twelvestar - I am shocked you hadn't joined GCU months ago, I know it's been discussed in this thread since the beginning. If you are buying more than one or two games a month, than you would be INSANE to not join that club - I feel for you, man...

TalonMan

twelvestar

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

Bad News.... Seems Best Buy GCU will be going away

This absolutely does NOT surprise me!!! I've been saying this from the moment I joined up - there is absolutely NO WAY Best Buy isn't losing money, hand over fist with this program. It's just simply not possible!! I'm pretty sure I had read somewhere, that the average retailer makes about $10-$15 on a full price ($60-$70) game... ...and that profit is completely gone, with the 20% discount. And that $35 fee for TWO YEARS?!?!?! LOL!!! I saved that much on my FIRST ORDER!!

I'm willing to bet some muckity-muck executive saw what Amazon was offering and said, "WE NEED TO DO THIS!!!!" - except they didn't do the proper investigation as how it would ultimately work and what the costs are, and they went a step too far. Amazon only allows their 20% discount on pre-orders (and the first few weeks after release), and that is IT! And they RARELY offer the 20% on special edition games. With the GCU, if a game was released 5 years ago (and they have it in stock, of course) - so long as I buy the "New" version, I'm saving 20% (on top of whatever sale price, the game has already been reduced to). Amazon also happens to sell everything else on earth, which allows them to recoup that loss as consumers buy things other than video games - Best Buy is limited to electronics, and electronics only.

I'm SINCERELY disappointed that they're discontinuing it - but I'm happy as hell that they're at least honoring the members who already paid in (I still have a year and a half left!). And @twelvestar - I am shocked you hadn't joined GCU months ago, I know it's been discussed in this thread since the beginning. If you are buying more than one or two games a month, than you would be INSANE to not join that club - I feel for you, man...

I know man, I know. You've been an ardent supporter of the GCU for a long time now. I kept justifying saving the $30-$35 for the next game purchase... really kicking myself right now for being cheap lol. (Probably like most people) I didn't think they'd do away with the program anytime soon. Hard lesson learned, for sure.

twelvestar

TalonMan

twelvestar wrote:

I know man, I know. You've been an ardent supporter of the GCU for a long time now. I kept justifying saving the $30-$35 for the next game purchase... really kicking myself right now for being cheap lol. (Probably like most people) I didn't think they'd do away with the program anytime soon. Hard lesson learned, for sure.

LOL!!! Yeah - it's always the hindsight thing, I agree!! I remember when I first purchased it (and I just looked back - it was actually only $30 at the time), and I remember wavering for a bit myself thinking, "$30??? Geez - that's nearly the cost of a new game! I'm going to spend that and get nothing?!?!?".

But I finally said screw it, bought in, and immediately purchased NBA 2k18 Legend edition (saving $20) and at least felt like I had already nearly covered the entire investment in that one purchase, so I felt much better about it!!

TalonMan

TalonMan

...and yeah - about that GCU, I now notice they no longer show the "GCU Price" on the game pages anymore. I got nervous for a minute, thinking it was totally gone!!!!

But then I added a game to my cart, and saw the discount applied... ...WHEW!!!!

TalonMan

hirokun

I literally just bought like 5 games on bestbuy now. haha. I've got about 8 months left personally. The big plus for me getting it in the first place was 1. it works on special editions and 2. it works for amiibo. Amazon axed their %20 discount for both some time ago. As someone who really liked amiibo(something tells me nintendo is not going to be doing amiibo anymore) this was a god send too.

Also be sure to pick up little dragon cafe special edition and octopath traveler special edition on bestbuy if you haven't already!

hirokun

I collect due to the biological imperative to gather and hoard food and resources. This extends to anything of perceived value in order to maintain a high quality of health, however modernly this expresses itself as collecting. No different from collecting anything else. Except with videogames you have at least entertainment value behind it.

Anti-Matter

@yeayeanaynay
Um...did you lost your interest with video gaming world ?
Well, we collect a lot of video games because it's Interesting.
As long we have adequate budgets to spend, then why not ?

Of course, for users here who also parents, spending Real toys for their kids are also included on their agenda. They still do care with Family & Quality time, while at the same time, video gaming is their hobby as well.

Speaking about addiction, you can't make a scapegoat for video games due to its addiction.
If someone got addicted with something, it doesn't always by video games, it could by other things such as lessons, working time, candies, glutonny foods, jewelry, cars, movies, etc.

As you said your treatment to your kids by gave them a Traditional toys, well... that was a good thing. They can learn how to appreciate Traditional toys, but at the same time they need to know Modern toys. It will not hurt them if you can manage your Video gaming time. Make a Clear rule of video gaming time (For example, when i was kid, my Mom set a rule only Saturday , Sunday & holiday i can play video games).

I know you still have an interest about video games, but it won't hurt you to let other peoples here talking & discussing about their plans to buy some upcoming new games. They have enough money to buy so they will talk about the games they want to buy. Then you concerned about purchasing video games too much that will lead to addiction. To tell you, right now i have More than 100 video game softwares (Nintendo & Sony games altogether) and i collected them patiently for almost 5 years since year 2013. And i still do care with my Primary needs as well (Foods, drinks, medicine, clothing, etc).

Anti-Matter

TalonMan

hirokun wrote:

I collect due to the biological imperative to gather and hoard food and resources.

Ha!! I love this scientific take on it - and it sounds reasonable, too!!!

@yeayeanaynay
...people can have different motives for collecting - sometimes it's all about the investment (especially as certain games can maintain and/or increase in value), sometimes it's the challenge in finding/completing a collection, and sometimes it really is just a case of obsessive hoarding (like a Collyer house) where you simply refuse to part with any purchases, regardless of value.

For me, it's probably a combination of all of the above!! I refuse to part with any game I buy (even if after playing it, I hate it with a passion!), I love the idea that my games may (or may not) be worth something some day, and most of all I love the challenge of trying to find games (especially those that might be out of print) and forming a complete collection if for no other reason than for its historical value.

TalonMan

TalonMan

hirokun wrote:

https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/nintendo-switch...

oh god what a spaghetti mess that link is.

Anyhow just got an email from signaturegames about brawlout getting a physical release on their site. Not sure if its getting a NA release with another group.

Brawlout has been on Amazon for awhile: https://www.amazon.com/Brawlout-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07BVBPJLT...

They initially had a Signature Edition on that website, but it has long since disappeared and I don't think it's coming back. So, I'll just stick with the NA release for this one...

TalonMan

Belexes

@TalonMan You sir get the coldest beer from the fridge. I joined BB GCU a week ago. So hopefully locked into a full 2 years of benefits and am grandfathered in.

Belexes

rumandgore

Standard edition of Okami HD (JP) is available for preorder on Play-Asia. It looks like Owlboy LE is no longer available on P-A. It can’t be preordered and just says “Soon”.

rumandgore

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic