Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 11,365

hirokun

Yay LRG listens. But it was still sort of fun trying to guess what the mystery game is. I mean, I was wrong, but still found out they were releasing Aaero on PS4.

Also makes it easier to decide if I want it or not. But if it really is what we think it is, I'm getting it.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

TalonMan

hirokun wrote:

Yay LRG listens. But it was still sort of fun trying to guess what the mystery game is. I mean, I was wrong, but still found out they were releasing Aaero on PS4.

Also makes it easier to decide if I want it or not. But if it really is what we think it is, I'm getting it.

I feel fairly confident that it's Pixel Junk Monsters - all evidence DEFINITELY points that way. Could be wrong, but I don't think so...

TalonMan

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan I don’t think Pixel had any DLC.

I don't know, either - but the evidence is fairly compelling. The image they had posted at the time:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/PJM-SW_g...

vs. images posted for nearly every other game they sell:

• Saturday Morning RPG: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/SMRPG-SW_large.png?v=1525963199
  • Ace of Seafood: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/AoS-PS4_large.png?v=1525212280
  • Aaero: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/Aaero-PS4-1_large.png?v=1525964026

Sure does seem like they use the game name as part of their file naming convention... no? Even if this was meant as just a generic placeholder, the image itself included the '004' series number which means it was a very specific placeholder for a particular game.

I'm stickin' with Pixel Junk!! LOL!!!

TalonMan

The_Legend77

I guess this is a good move...but isn't this just a week away from their other Switch release now? I'm not mad, but two Switch releases one week apart? Def going to hit some wallets. I think they need to go the one a month deal. On top of all the imports and retail, it's getting harder to keep up. I'm getting to where I'm going to pass on CE of games. It's getting to be too much!

Even though I want to go full NA set, I got to admit, I'm seeing more and more PAL releases that I want. Plus with things like Little Nightmares physical seeming to get cancelled in NA, I went ahead and pre-ordered a PAL copy. I got to lay off importing if I want the NA set...but man I just can't help it! Curse my not being s multi-millionaire! Ha ha!

The_Legend77

TalonMan

The_Legend77 wrote:

I guess this is a good move...but isn't this just a week away from their other Switch release now? I'm not mad, but two Switch releases one week apart? Def going to hit some wallets. I think they need to go the one a month deal. On top of all the imports and retail, it's getting harder to keep up. I'm getting to where I'm going to pass on CE of games. It's getting to be too much!

Even though I want to go full NA set, I got to admit, I'm seeing more and more PAL releases that I want. Plus with things like Little Nightmares physical seeming to get cancelled in NA, I went ahead and pre-ordered a PAL copy. I got to lay off importing if I want the NA set...but man I just can't help it! Curse my not being s multi-millionaire! Ha ha!

Well yeah, it's now closer to the other release - but my issue from the start, was the lack of notice. It's bad enough that they're cramming all these releases out as quick as they can, but to rush one out with three days warning was just too much!!

At least now, if you are determined to try and get all of their CE releases, you have ample time to get your funding in order...

TalonMan

The_Legend77

TalonMan wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

Well yeah, it's now closer to the other release - but my issue from the start, was the lack of notice. It's bad enough that they're cramming all these releases out as quick as they can, but to rush one out with three days warning was just too much!!

At least now, if you are determined to try and get all of their CE releases, you have ample time to get your funding in order...

That's true. Lack of notice is a huge bummer, like with Retro City Rampage. I remember finding out it was released only for it to be sold out not long after (cheapest resell I found was $50, but that's better than some prices I've seen). Very glad I found this thread as it has helped a lot, and I thank everyone who has contributed!

You're also very welcome about the clue. I can't think of anything else it could be aside from that. Even as much as I want this game, I'll probably stick to just standard for this and Saturday Morning RPG. The only CE I truly wanted was Thimbleweed Park to be honest.

The_Legend77

SVTornado

@The_Legend77 it's crazy how fast retro city rampage sold through, even the restock was gone in minutes.

SVTornado

The_Legend77

SVTornado wrote:

@The_Legend77 it's crazy how fast retro city rampage sold through, even the restock was gone in minutes.

I'm trying to keep up with their next release but I feel it'll sell to quick for me to snag a copy.

Edited on by The_Legend77

The_Legend77

The_Legend77

Yesterday Origins and Super Chariot have a release date for next week. May 17th and May 18th. Anyone snagging either of these? I've got Super Chariot pre-ordered but I'm still debating Yesterday Origins.

The_Legend77

TalonMan

The_Legend77 wrote:

That's true. Lack of notice is a huge bummer, like with Retro City Rampage. I remember finding out it was released only for it to be sold out not long after (cheapest resell I found was $50, but that's better than some prices I've seen). Very glad I found this thread as it has helped a lot, and I thank everyone who has contributed!

Well, if you had been a part of this thread back when RCR was being released, then you would have had plenty of notice regarding that pre-order. I believe they had given notice at least a month or so beforehand... ...of course, that doesn't change the fact that it was sold out in less than a few minutes - but at least you would have been prepared.

..but, you're here now - so you will (hopefully!!) have plenty of warning before the other vblank release.

TalonMan

MrCIB

The_Legend77 wrote:

Yesterday Origins and Super Chariot have a release date for next week. May 17th and May 18th. Anyone snagging either of these? I've got Super Chariot pre-ordered but I'm still debating Yesterday Origins.

I got both.......... best place to snag is shop4megastore.com .............. best place for US people to purchase. For Euro go to 365games.co.uk.............. same company just different sites for each region.

MrCIB

Magician

According to the Gamestop leaked image I posted earlier, it looks like we should see announcements for Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 and Tetris World Tour sometime soon.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

The_Legend77

MrCIB wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

I got both.......... best place to snag is shop4megastore.com .............. best place for US people to purchase. For Euro go to 365games.co.uk.............. same company just different sites for each region.

I've been shopping at shop4megastore here lately. I can see myself shopping with them for quite some time! I ordered Super Putty Squad as well.

The_Legend77

Belexes

@TalonMan I just joined Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked based on your recommendation here. Always 20% off new titles means the membership will pay for itself with all the physical Switch games I plan to buy this year. $30 is such a deal for 2 years - $15 a year.

I haven't seen the welcome coupons or any exclusive offers yet, but perhaps those will follow soon.

So long Amazon. (but will consider if for some reason BB doesn't stock a title)

Belexes

TalonMan

Belexes wrote:

@TalonMan I just joined Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked based on your recommendation here. Always 20% off new titles means the membership will pay for itself with all the physical Switch games I plan to buy this year. $30 is such a deal for 2 years - $15 a year.

I haven't seen the welcome coupons or any exclusive offers yet, but perhaps those will follow soon.

So long Amazon. (but will consider if for some reason BB doesn't stock a title)

Oh yeah - it's AWESOME!!! My membership paid for itself on the NBA 2k18 Legend purchase alone, which is what makes the GCU so great. It's not just new games, but "collectors" and "special edition" stuff, too - which Amazon rarely (if ever) gives discounts on!!

You'll get the additional coupons as you shop and earn points (keep an eye on the "Rewards Points & Certificates" page) - believe me, they add up FAST!!! I've probably earned about $50 in certificates already, and I only started my membership this past October... ...anybody that's a serious collector and has access to the Best Buy GCU is crazy not to sign up!! Heck - even if you're a CASUAL gamer and only buy 1-2 games a year, that membership will STILL pay for itself by the time your two years are up!

TalonMan

TalonMan

@MrCIB - as a fellow (insane!!) collector, who's chosen to go the distance by collecting most imports, too...

...if you get a moment, could you check my eBay auction for Island Flight Simulator and let me know if you think my listing adequately discloses exactly what makes this particular version, special?

I wish there was a way to send private messages on this website, because I honestly do NOT want anyone in here thinking I'm attempting to solicitate - that is NOT my intention, and I swear it on my kids!! I'm just looking for "technical" and "sales" advice in order to maximize my listing... ...all proceeds are going right back into purchasing additional games, regardless!!!

Anyway, MrCIB - if you don't mind and you have the time, any feedback would be appreciated!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Island-Flight-Simulator-Nintendo-Swi...

TalonMan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic