Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 11,396

SpaceAce13

So what’s going on with this blazblue collectors edition? It says it can only be ordered online from their website which is currently under developement... but it’s supposed to go up on Thursday. Is this website going to be ready?

SpaceAce13

Sodalis010

So the megaman/rockman x collections are up on the eshop for future games. The japans eshop has rockman x 2 has the symbol for English as a language. Does that mean it’ll have english on the cartridge too?

I saw earlier someone say that the Japanese naruto trilogy Japan version doesn’t have english and the Japanese naruto trilogy on the shop does not show the language english symbol so in theory the cart wouldn’t either for those who buy the Japanese cart?

Hopefully this makes sense lol.

Edited on by Sodalis010

Sodalis010

twelvestar

SpaceAce13 wrote:

So what’s going on with this blazblue collectors edition? It says it can only be ordered online from their website which is currently under developement... but it’s supposed to go up on Thursday. Is this website going to be ready?

Bump. I've been wondering about this as well. Definitely plan on ordering, just not sure how yet lol

twelvestar

TalonMan

Ok - need some enlightenment from my fellow collectors here (especially @MrCIB as he seems to have an incredible insight into all of this stuff - LOL!!!!). And by the way, ALL of this is completely out of character for me as I NEVER sell my games!!!!! But in this one particular case, I've made an investment choice which I'm hoping to capitalize on for the sole purpose of keeping up with my NIS purchases which are costing me a small fortune...

Anyway - awhile back, I had posted a comment asking about the various differences with Island Flight Simulator (in particular, what seemed to be an extremely costly version of the UK import). I, myself had already just picked up (what I believe to be) an Italy import for about $35:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Island-Flight-Simulator-Nintendo-SWI...

It was only after I purchased it, that I noticed a UK version of this game which seemed to have a MUCH higher selling price (not listed, but actually SOLD) - where this version was selling for at least twice (sometimes three or four times!!) the value.

Well - just now as I was poking through my purchases to see what I had and what was still outstanding, I came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079R9DZPL/

There were three copies available, each listed for $39.99 (obviously, I ordered all three!) - and I'm wondering whether I have, in fact, made a wise investment? Or, is it "flukey" that the UK version was selling for those high rates?

I know this all seems very hypocritical of me considering my rant last month about eBay scalpers - and trust me, I feel dirty just doing this!!! But I only plan to sell two of these games (I'm absolutely keeping one for myself!), with the proceeds going right back into my collection, anyway... ...so was this truly a lucky find? Or, did I just waste $120? Does anyone have information as to whether the UK version truly is as "rare" as I'm led to believe???

...and again - please do not hold any of this against me, for my intent here. I honestly don't think I've sold a SINGLE game in my entire life (whatever I buy, I keep forever - I mean that!). This just seemed like a handout I could really use, in order to help payoff some of these more expensive games on my shopping list before my wife divorces me.

TalonMan

TalonMan

SpaceAce13 wrote:

That's a really good question - they don't seem to specify a time that the pre-orders will open either, nor have I even seen a link to the "under construction" website.

I wonder how the hell they are planning to pull this off...????

TalonMan

Dbowen7

@Paraka ugh I hate hearing that, I'm so sorry.. hope all is getting well..

Dbowen7

Magician

twelvestar wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Bump. I've been wondering about this as well. Definitely plan on ordering, just not sure how yet lol

TalonMan wrote:

That's a really good question - they don't seem to specify a time that the pre-orders will open either, nor have I even seen a link to the "under construction" website.

I wonder how the hell they are planning to pull this off...????

The Arc System Works online store goes live May 4th.

The same day preorders for the North American collectors edition of BlazBlue: CTB go live.

http://arcsystemworks.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-unveils-c...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Sodalis010 wrote:

So the megaman/rockman x collections are up on the eshop for future games. The japans eshop has rockman x 2 has the symbol for English as a language. Does that mean it’ll have english on the cartridge too?

I saw earlier someone say that the Japanese naruto trilogy Japan version doesn’t have english and the Japanese naruto trilogy on the shop does not show the language english symbol so in theory the cart wouldn’t either for those who buy the Japanese cart?

The Mega Man X situation is ridiculous. There are five different SKUs that I'm aware of.

-Mega Man X 1 & 2 North America (physical/download)
-Rockman X 1 & 2 Japan (physical/download)
-Rockman X 1 Japan (physical)
-Rockman X 2 Japan (physical)
-Rockman X 1 & 2 limited edition Japan (physical/download)

The funny thing is, if the limited edition offered Mega Man X 1 & 2 (both physically) in the box...that would be the version I'd buy. But no, it's Capcom being Crapcom as per the usual.

-No physical release for Okami HD.
-No port of the Devil May Cry trilogy for Switch.
-No localization for Monster Hunter Double Cross.

Can you all tell I have little love for Capcom?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MrCIB

@TalonMan well..... I think it’s a good move. The draw is that’s it’s in all English on the cover however, I would suggest you try to move them ASAP in case their is a reprint. As far as feeling as a scalper well that’s why sometimes it Pays for the pot to not call the kettle black as they say. It’s nothing to feel dirty about you are buying games to reduce your out of pocket cost. Things like this will pop up all the time and if you didn’t buy them someone else would have. Collecting is a costly adventure and one should do all they can to help reduce their cost.

MrCIB

MrCIB

@TalonMan .... Also since we are all coming clean don’t worry I feel dirty today too. I was walking in Best Buy and I saw Cuphead for the Xbox one and has a retail package with a download code that I didn’t know about. I swore for years I would never buy a single digital game (and I haven’t till today) but I purchased it because it had a physical case now if that’s not crazy or dirty LOL

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan well..... I think it’s a good move. The draw is that’s it’s in all English on the cover however, I would suggest you try to move them ASAP in case their is a reprint. As far as feeling as a scalper well that’s why sometimes it Pays for the pot to not call the kettle black as they say. It’s nothing to feel dirty about you are buying games to reduce your out of pocket cost. Things like this will pop up all the time and if you didn’t buy them someone else would have. Collecting is a costly adventure and one should do all they can to help reduce their cost.

...yeah, I plan to off-load them the moment they get here! Definitely don't want to find myself in a "Voez situation", otherwise my wife will most ASSUREDLY divorce me for having wasted even MORE money!! LOL!!!

As for Cuphead - you were deceived, that's different. That's like the Sonic Mania: CE for Switch! I bought it "ASSuming" it was going to be a physical game...

...besides, Cuphead looks like an amazing game - so at least it wasn't some shovelware.

TalonMan

twelvestar

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

...yeah, I plan to off-load them the moment they get here! Definitely don't want to find myself in a "Voez situation", otherwise my wife will most ASSUREDLY divorce me for having wasted even MORE money!! LOL!!!

As for Cuphead - you were deceived, that's different. That's like the Sonic Mania: CE for Switch! I bought it "ASSuming" it was going to be a physical game...

...besides, Cuphead looks like an amazing game - so at least it wasn't some shovelware.

I did the same thing with VOEZ ... hoping to avoid that again in the future, which is why I'm considering holding off on imports for a while in case the developers decide to publish NA releases. @TalonMan @MrCIB either of you hear of possible NA releases of Vegas Party or Chicken Range? FunBox has them listed for June releases, but I'll hold off if they're planning on publishing stateside.

twelvestar

hirokun

BTW for those who may not get in on a purchase of LRG games they have this nifty form to put you on a list to purchase from any extras they have from an order due to cancellations/returns etc. If you missed thimbleweed park(or any game really) you can always use this. Chances of using this to get any LE versions is slim to none though.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDPVM-8FM3N-iv2fPNa...

They also sent me a link to this calendar to keep up to date with when things are happening HOWEVER, they didn't list the flinthook/mercenaries games until after preorders went up, so don't use it as a source to know when upcoming stuff will happen. their newsletter is good for that. This will however let you know when things will end for sure and look back into their past releases chronologically.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=limitedrungame...

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Grandpa_Pixel

Magician wrote:

Sodalis010 wrote:

The Mega Man X situation is ridiculous. There are five different SKUs that I'm aware of.

-Mega Man X 1 & 2 North America (physical/download)
-Rockman X 1 & 2 Japan (physical/download)
-Rockman X 1 Japan (physical)
-Rockman X 2 Japan (physical)
-Rockman X 1 & 2 limited edition Japan (physical/download)

The funny thing is, if the limited edition offered Mega Man X 1 & 2 (both physically) in the box...that would be the version I'd buy. But no, it's Capcom being Crapcom as per the usual.

-No physical release for Okami HD.
-No port of the Devil May Cry trilogy for Switch.
-No localization for Monster Hunter Double Cross.

Can you all tell I have little love for Capcom?

I sense a little bit of hatred for Capcom here.

But I actually agree. Their choices so far have been very questionable. Moreso thank 2K Games. After all at least with 2K Games you had no clue until launch that their games would be bad. With Capcom they bring down fantastic games with shady retail release choices. Mega Man's was the nail in the coffin for me. They will not be getting any of my money until they sort their mess out.

Just as well, I am busy spending it on companies that promote good attitudes. Bethesda for example. I bought Skyrim purely to support the developers. Ended up loving the game and now hoping to try out other Elder Scroll games

Grandpa_Pixel

TalonMan

twelvestar wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

I did the same thing with VOEZ ... hoping to avoid that again in the future, which is why I'm considering holding off on imports for a while in case the developers decide to publish NA releases. @TalonMan @MrCIB either of you hear of possible NA releases of Vegas Party or Chicken Range? FunBox has them listed for June releases, but I'll hold off if they're planning on publishing stateside.

I haven't heard of an NA release for either of those - I currently have them both on my spreadsheet as "UK Import"...

TalonMan

Belexes

Sodalis010 wrote:

I am hoping so and that someone here will confirm it has English once released or gets confirmation from Capcom - then I will purchase the Japanese physicals.

Belexes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic