Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 11,394

MrCIB

leerafuse wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan ............ Region is the biggest issue. Most people collect North American only. Also, people say what they want about LRG but their model works to sell out quick.

Agree. For me, it’s a slippery slope. If I justify buying one PAL release.... I’ll start to justify buying a ton of them and I just can go down that road

Sadly I went down that road... it's a dark road. haha

LOL! I started down the Japanese route and happily ran back! I still pick up PAL titles with English but II am thinking of focusing strictly on North American. You have to draw the line at some point with all the collector's edition.

MrCIB

twelvestar

@MrCIB I ran back as well, and fast! Thought about going for everything ... then just games with English speaking options ... now I'm looking at just NA releases due to the amount of Collector's Editions being thrown at us (lookin' at you NIS, lol).

twelvestar

hirokun

twelvestar wrote:

@MrCIB I ran back as well, and fast! Thought about going for everything ... then just games with English speaking options ... now I'm looking at just NA releases due to the amount of Collector's Editions being thrown at us (lookin' at you NIS, lol).

I will be honest, the first import I really tried to get was the UK zelda Link between Worlds special edition. Probably the best special edition I've got by far. Amazing poster, and the little treasure chest is amazing. Also it turned out to be so rare that its like %400 its MSRP. Glad I got it. As with all games, you have to pick and choose.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Tobiaku

@hirokun I did buy Ao no kanata no four rythm perfect edition at launch. I have not used the CDs yet, but I think the other CD is asoundtrack CD. The game is allright, I can't actually read Japanese so I can't comment on the quality of the story, but the art looks nice, and the game do have a fun mini game.

I also have the Japanese release of Minna de waiwai! Spelunker its a fun platformer game. Did get released in English but eshop only. The Japanese retail release only has English text, but its not that hard to navigate the menues.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

hirokun

@tobibra ah nice to hear some clarification there. Soundtrack makes sense. So pretty standard then overall I guess. I'm not huge on VN games unless it is something I would be familiar with or looks really good. For example the Death Mark game sounds good because I love creepy Urban Legends, especially Japan seems to have a ton of them and I eat that stuff up. I hope it gets translated for at least an E-shop release. The other one would be the stein's Gate game, but that is only because, as you might guess, I like Stein's Gate's anime. Gosh its been so long now but I loved that show.

Also thanks for letting me know about the english e-shop release for minna de waiwai. Glad to get feedback there too. It seemed like it could be potentially fun, but I'm not so sure I want to get it unless its a really good game.

Tobiaku

@hirokun While I do think Spelunker is good, I don't find it amazing. Its enjoyable enough. Just for clarification, the English version is on European and/or American eshop. Japanese eshop release is probaly just Japanese like the retail version.

I look forward to Steins;Gate too, never actually seen the anime but lots of people seems to like it. So will check it out. Also plan to get Nekopara when Switch gets that one too.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Magician

My Switch collecting philosophy? Preorder most games I'm interested in playing. Shovelware games (Hello Kitty Kruisers) or games I have zero interest in playing (Attack on Titan 2) can wait for a holiday sale. Japanese games are tougher to gauge because some genres of games don't require an English localization to enjoy, like the upcoming shmup Psyvariar Delta. I'm thinking about preordering the limited edition for that.

P.S. - don't forget about that awesome-looking collectors editions for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. One from Japan and one from North America. The preorder for the North American version opens May 4th via Arc System Work's online store.

http://arcsystemworks.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-unveils-c...

http://arcsystemworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/BCTB1_LE...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JasmineDragon

ryangorgeous wrote:

@HiFX what’s the inside cover look like? I bought it from amazon and it has Wild Guns Reloaded printed on the inside. Major bummer.

Apparently all copies of GG2 were misprinted with the internal art from Wild Guns Reloaded. I understand if it's a bummer, but looking on the bright side this will make your copy a lot more collectable if they do a fixed reprint. I'm not a collector myself, but a lot of collectors want misprints like this more than anything.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SpaceAce13

Now that LRG is in full swing with switc releases, should I expect that they’ll continue the way they are now with 1 new switch release each month? I would imagine Saturday morning rpg will be May, then I’ve heard slime San and now night trap in the summer. Anyone know any more than me?

SpaceAce13

hirokun

Anyone know what is up with the Switch version of Little Nightmares Complete Edition? Gamestop is the only one that seems to list it, and for some reason it is $60 when both the PS4 and Xbox1 versions are $30. There is no picture, so I'm wondering if this is some cookie cutter placeholder that is wrong.

@SpaceAce13 I scoured the AMA they did on reddit, and they claim they are looking at 1-2 switch games a month because they got a little too crazy in the past with PS4 and Vita games apparently. They aren't obligated to do so, but I imagine they are probably going to try to get the best games possible signed for publishing. Since they are doing open pre-orders for the standard editions for the switch, it seems they want everyone to get a copy of their switch titles and make the LEs at their standard 3k print run. Still once their print run is done its done. So I think they are trying a new approach and I like it. Open pre-orders is a game changer, so I think keeping to 1-2 games a month means quality will remain high, and collectors won't get overly exhausted. I just hope they get good games. Night Trap is just a meme, and I think it is a shame they are taking that one on, with a special edition too no less....But if they got some really hard hitting game like celeste I think they'd be set.

Edited on by hirokun

twelvestar

hirokun wrote:

Anyone know what is up with the Switch version of Little Nightmares Complete Edition? Gamestop is the only one that seems to list it, and for some reason it is $60 when both the PS4 and Xbox1 versions are $30. There is no picture, so I'm wondering if this is some cookie cutter placeholder that is wrong.

@SpaceAce13 I scoured the AMA they did on reddit, and they claim they are looking at 1-2 switch games a month because they got a little too crazy in the past with PS4 and Vita games apparently. They aren't obligated to do so, but I imagine they are probably going to try to get the best games possible signed for publishing. Since they are doing open pre-orders for the standard editions for the switch, it seems they want everyone to get a copy of their switch titles and make the LEs at their standard 3k print run. Still once their print run is done its done. So I think they are trying a new approach and I like it. Open pre-orders is a game changer, so I think keeping to 1-2 games a month means quality will remain high, and collectors won't get overly exhausted. I just hope they get good games. Night Trap is just a meme, and I think it is a shame they are taking that one on, with a special edition too no less....But if they got some really hard hitting game like celeste I think they'd be set.

@hirokun I believe someone mentioned it's exclusive to Gamestop, though I don't think that's been confirmed. I looked through the last 5-6 pages of the thread, but wasn't able to find where I saw that. Went ahead and reserved a copy at my local store just in case.

twelvestar

SpaceAce13

hirokun wrote:

Firstly, I believe little nightmares may be a GameStop exclusive as it’s the only place I’ve seen it so far, as far as the price hike... switch tax I guess. That’s quite a difference though. With that said, I’m super excited for it.

With LRG, I agree. There are a lot of great games they could publish like Celeste as you mentioned or golf story which I would love to see. I’m excited for night trap since I’ve never played it, but do admit it is 100% a gimmick and I’ll probably play it once and never again. Do they plan on doing open pre-orders in perpetuity for standard? Or is that just a feeling out process on the first few to see what the demand is?

SpaceAce13

hirokun

@SpaceAce13 oh wow. I wish studios would stop doing gamestop exclusives, such cancer... I may import it then if it turns out cheaper. Even play Asia has the JP version for $33. IMO its a question of, paying extra money for an ESRB rating over a CERO or PEGI etc. rating. I know NA collecting is nuts though.

Yeah golf story would be great too, I heard it was really fun. Even the newly announced President of Nintendo says it was a game he likes.

Yes, LRG said they will continue with open pre-orders for switch games going forward. Obviously the Limited Edition boxes with extra goodies are a finite amount, the first two have been 3000. I didn't know LRG existed when they did thimbleweed park. But I got the second big box for the dual pack of flinthook and mercenaries. It sold the first 2000 in the morning in under 3 minutes. So that is nuts, if your internet is slow you will miss it.

EDIT:yeah I checked. Little Nightmare on Switch is preordering for 2800Yen on Amazon Japan. That is less than $26USD...So even with shipping being probably $10 that is still a much better price. I just don't know if it will have language options for English which would be a big mistake if it doesn't.

Edited on by hirokun

IceEarthGuard

This needs an update this list. (or do they have a schedule to update this?)

Edited on by IceEarthGuard

IceEarthGuard

Magician

Grip is now available for preorder on Amazon North America.

Gamestop has had their preorder open for Grip for a while, but I loathe giving Gamestop my money.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

revolutionika

Games to add to the list:

2064 Read Only Memories Integral (Online Exclusive)
Airport Sumulator
All Star Fruit Racing
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (ntsc version)
Aragami: Director's Cut (Merge Games) (Europe)
Blacksad
Cat Quest (Europe)
Coma: Recut, The
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Firefighters: The Simulation
Gem Smashers (Markt+Technik) (Europe)
Grip
Hello Kitty Kruisers
Hotel Transylvania 3 Monsters Overboard
Hunting Simulator (BigBen Interactive) (Europe)
Icey
Legend of Kay Anniversary...
LEGO The Incredibles
Levántate: All Stars (Badland Games) (Europe)
Little Dragon Cafe
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
Minecraft Switch Edition
Moto GP18
Musynx
Mutant Mudds Collection
My Academia(Hero): One’s Justice
My Little Riding Champion
Namco Museum
Neo Atlas 1469 (English)
Night Trap
Oceanhorn Monster Of Uncharted Seas
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition
Outlast 1 & 2
Penguin Wars (Dispatch Games) (Europe)
Pillars of Eternity II..
PixARK
Professional Construction: The Simulation
Psyvariar Delta (Japan)
Punch Line (PD Qube)
Raven: Remastered, The
Riot Civil Unrest
Runbow: Deluxe Edition
Slime San Superslime Edition (Limited Run Games)
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (ntsc version)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment) (Europe)
Steins Gate Elite
Super Smash Bros. ‘2018’
Syberia 3
Terraria
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (Wired Productions) (Europe)
Undertale
Urban Trial Playground
Va-11-Hall-A (Japan Exclusive W/English Option)
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Victor Vron: Overkill Edition
Vostok Inc (Wired Productions) (Europe)
V Rally 4
Warhammer 40,000 Deathwatch
Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut
Yesterday Origins (Europe)
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

revolutionika

Magician

Ugh...confirmed, Naruto UNS Japan-only physical version does not support English subs. Makes me sad. There are a couple One Piece physical releases but none for Naruto? Oh well, I guess I'll wait for a steep eShop sale.

Edited on by Magician

Sawyoudown

Are there multiple people editing this or is it just one person?

Sawyoudown

SpaceAce13

hirokun wrote:

@SpaceAce13 oh wow. I wish studios would stop doing gamestop exclusives, such cancer... I may import it then if it turns out cheaper. Even play Asia has the JP version for $33. IMO its a question of, paying extra money for an ESRB rating over a CERO or PEGI etc. rating. I know NA collecting is nuts though.

Yeah golf story would be great too, I heard it was really fun. Even the newly announced President of Nintendo says it was a game he likes.

Yes, LRG said they will continue with open pre-orders for switch games going forward. Obviously the Limited Edition boxes with extra goodies are a finite amount, the first two have been 3000. I didn't know LRG existed when they did thimbleweed park. But I got the second big box for the dual pack of flinthook and mercenaries. It sold the first 2000 in the morning in under 3 minutes. So that is nuts, if your internet is slow you will miss it.

EDIT:yeah I checked. Little Nightmare on Switch is preordering for 2800Yen on Amazon Japan. That is less than $26USD...So even with shipping being probably $10 that is still a much better price. I just don't know if it will have language options for English which would be a big mistake if it doesn't.

Thankfully, I’ve been able to get both LRG big boxes so far, and i plan on getting all the special editions they release, just trying to figure out how much money that will cost me each month haha.

That crazy about little nightmares though. That price difference is massive! If you don’t care about region and such, that’s definitely the way to go

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic