Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 11,391

Zuljaras

I think there should be a thread or something that lists all physical games that require a DL to be playable.

Sorry for sounding triggered.

TalonMan

revolutionika wrote:

https://nintendeal.com/news/3rd-party-digital-sales-in-u.s.-s...

Hmmm. It’s slowly happening, I’m guessing a lot of the younger generation and some older generation are more frequently choosing digital. Makes me wonder how many more console generations there will be before a total digital console from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. That’s when I don’t buy a new system.

I honestly can't understand the comparison from the article - are they suggesting that a digital version (of say, Mario Kart) is selling more than the physical version? Or, are they saying digital indie games (like Stardew Valley) are selling better than traditional (AAA) type games that typically have physical releases??? I would be surprised if it was the former, but totally unsurprised at the later (when indie games typically sell for less than $15 compared to $60 for high production games)...

TalonMan

MrCIB

@twelvestar they put out a survey a few weeks back to see what people would like in the "signature" edition. I think they were fielding a lot of email about it and probably pulled it until they have the contents set.

MrCIB

Paraka

revolutionika wrote:

https://nintendeal.com/news/3rd-party-digital-sales-in-u.s.-s...

Hmmm. It’s slowly happening, I’m guessing a lot of the younger generation and some older generation are more frequently choosing digital. Makes me wonder how many more console generations there will be before a total digital console from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. That’s when I don’t buy a new system.

That'll be a hard sell into retail stores (and essentially online ones to a lesser extent), when games and electronics and their peripherals garner a wider shopping opportunity than groceries and clothing. Most apparently shop for the latter without browsing. Games and toys dominate the potential sales growth as such.

Paraka

TalonMan

I'm still trying to understand how Human Fall Flat (and, to a lesser extent, The Flame in the Flood) can possibly still be available for purchase? If SuperRareGames is only selling 5k units (an amount Limited Run Games usually goes through in less than 5-10 minutes) - how can these games still be available, after nearly TWO MONTHS??

Is it because they're UK? Are they just not marketing themselves well enough? Neither of these are "killer app" games, of course - but that never made a difference with LRG releases. So, what's up with this? Is the 5k number a lie? Or, do people just not know (or care) about these games or this company???

I just don't get it...

TalonMan

Tobiaku

@TalonMan Maybe people just don't think these two first games looks very fun? Personaly I ordered Flame in the flood yesterday because its still aviable.

Their next releases needs to be as insane as they say, but as of now, they dont hold a candle to KRG in my opinion.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Paraka

@TalonMan - LRG also had a rough time selling through original units when they first started. Not to mention SRG is also in the region where the Switch isn't the hottest thing to them.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

TalonMan wrote:

I'm still trying to understand how Human Fall Flat (and, to a lesser extent, The Flame in the Flood) can possibly still be available for purchase? If SuperRareGames is only selling 5k units (an amount Limited Run Games usually goes through in less than 5-10 minutes) - how can these games still be available, after nearly TWO MONTHS??

Is it because they're UK? Are they just not marketing themselves well enough? Neither of these are "killer app" games, of course - but that never made a difference with LRG releases. So, what's up with this? Is the 5k number a lie? Or, do people just not know (or care) about these games or this company???

I just don't get it...

For me personally, although the switch is region free, im trying to stick strictly to NA releases. I would have bought it day 1 otherwise

SpaceAce13

TalonMan

@tobibra - well, I can't speak for Human Fall Flat (haven't opened or played it yet), but I already had Flame in the Flood downloaded (before SRG announced this release), and that's definitely a quality game.

@Paraka and @SpaceAce13 - so, it is most likely a regional thing then, eh? I'll agree, I wasn't all that thrilled with the PAL only releases (even MORE so, with their outrageous international shipping costs!!), but I would think these games fall into the same "3d minigolf" or "tale of the tiny planet" kind of "international, but worth it" kind of investment. I'm just surprised that even if it IS a regional thing, there aren't 5k Switch collectors around the world, who want this game. That seems more than a little strange to me.

TalonMan

rumandgore

I absolutely love The Flame in the Flood and bought it as soon as it went on sale anticipating it selling out pretty quickly. I’m also surprised that nothing is sold out on there site as well especially considering they had an add in my Switch newsfeed.

I have to think that their name just isn’t out there like LRG at this point. I’ve been sharing to spread the word so they can grow and continue releasing games.

rumandgore

Dbowen7

Update requested, this post was helping me collect all physical games 😭

Dbowen7

MrCIB

@TalonMan ............ Region is the biggest issue. Most people collect North American only. Also, people say what they want about LRG but their model works to sell out quick.

MrCIB

Sawyoudown

@Dbowen7 BUMP, tracking down all the new/upcoming games is getting tedious haha

Sawyoudown

SpaceAce13

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan ............ Region is the biggest issue. Most people collect North American only. Also, people say what they want about LRG but their model works to sell out quick.

Agree. For me, it’s a slippery slope. If I justify buying one PAL release.... I’ll start to justify buying a ton of them and I just can go down that road

SpaceAce13

leerafuse

SpaceAce13 wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

Agree. For me, it’s a slippery slope. If I justify buying one PAL release.... I’ll start to justify buying a ton of them and I just can go down that road

Sadly I went down that road... it's a dark road. haha

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Paraka

@Dbowen7 - I have been dealing with personal family stuff so I will be updating my omnibus soon through to May's confirmed releases.

Paraka

hirokun

Hi lads. Bookmarked this thread a while back. Didn't realize it was sooo active, especially thanks to @revolutionika for keeping a concise list and bumping with it for games in their various states from maybe getting a release to Available. Personally really looking mostly for 1.games I actually want to play and 2.obscure or low quantity titles or 3. Limited Editions.

I am shifting now to collect switch after getting burned out on DS/3DS collecting(yes I have some good stuff there) but buying from other collectors is expensive as heck. I learned my lesson, if Atlus makes it, buy the Release version, it will double in price. Though for switch it seems Nicalis is the new Atlus in that regard. So with Switch I hope to buy it at MSRP and not go bust, though NIS America is trying really hard. Nearly $1k just to buy all the switch LE versions of their games thus far if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow enough back story, after dredging this thread for morsels and catching up, I want to share what I've learned. As someone who does importing from time to time(Japanese candy is great) I think I should help fill out some of the JP end of things with what little details I have. Not sure if anyone has posted any of this, and some of these are probably released in other regions, but I will let you guys figure that out for me. I basically just browsed 20 pages of amazon japan and looked at play asia. If I find a good English source that keeps track of Japanese only releases I'll be sure to post it.

ALRIGHT

JAILBAIT WARNING
大図書館の羊飼い -Library Party- 初回限定版 - Switch
July 26 2018
https://amzn.to/2JlPfTR

Seems to be a lewd visual novel about girls in a book club or library group of some sort. I'm guessing you are the "senpai" or librarian and the girls get into wacky sexual situations. No idea if it has english or other languages, doubt it.

蒼の彼方のフォーリズム(blue beyond for rhythm?)
https://amzn.to/2KcmLgv

This is for what seems to be a release version, so the price is clearly scalped, but I thought I'd link it. I'm sure you can just find the standard version too. Comes with 2 CDs, one is a "drama" CD and the other is a er... ”ポークル” which I thought said "poker" but when I image search that I just get lots of pictures of someone's dog so... I dunno man, I don't Japanese very well. It also has an art book in it and a decent enough box, it isn't flimsy at least. (unboxing video)https://youtu.be/1i1mv_V-suY
Seems to just be a visual novel https://youtu.be/YuauRCPDt7w and an unimpressive one that doesn't stand out. Seems like it might be one of those items that is a collector's piece, but a lame product that you will never use, even if you could read japanese. Who knows, might be worth something down the line. Not like we don't already have 100 really obscure and hard to find physical copies of games, why not add this thing.

3. 嘘つき姫と盲目王子(LIAR PRINCESS AND THE BLIND PRINCE)
https://amzn.to/2qXBraA
https://bit.ly/2KeWYEA(play asia)
https://bit.ly/2KeY9nu(nippon1)

May 31 2018

So this game actually has some coverage and looks promising and playable even without english. Seems to be a platformer game where the story is basically the little mermaid, expect instead of a mermaid, the girl is a wolf. The difference is she gives up her coveted singing voice(not all her voice) to the witch, and she actually is the one who blinded the prince who is afraid of the wolf(her) while she ironically is trying to protect the prince. Claims that you swap between wolf and princess and even use the prince sometimes to platform, kill enemies and solve puzzles. Visual style looks great too, like an old story book with a japanese chibi affair.
NOW. I spent some good time trying to figure this one out. Boy what a fuster cluck with this one. As far as I can tell there are 4 physical versions of this game I think??? Who knows, there may be other promo offers with some retailer somewhere. To this day there is thought to be some obscure limited edition N64 console sold at "Lawsons" stores in Japan that has never surfaced, and there is a special edition gameboy with Tommy Hilfiger the high end clothes retailer, so who knows. Anyhow.

1st standard edition
2nd amazon exclusive(maybe) bonus of some sort of book. I make it out to be "original visual book" It is the 7538YEN option that says "Amazon限定あり"
3rd is from what news sources say a Famitsu(big japanese gaming magazine company) exclusive version that has a B2 size tapestry (707 x 500 mm or 27.83 x 19.69inches), an "original book cover" whatever that means, and a microfiber cloth. This is the one that playasia is selling(strngely they say it has a B1 size poster too, but idk where they get that from). on amazon the one that says "ファミ通DXパック" is this version. No idea why its called an exclusive if amazon is selling it.
4th is probably the one fewest of you will try to get, but it is exclusive to nippon1's store. Domestic only obviously to Japan. But it includes a freaking canvas print as seen at the end of the trailer. lol. 275mm×220mm×19mm for the print

Game looks a bit overhyped, but I still want it. I honestly am crazy enough to try to get all 3 exclusives and post a video to show them off just so everyone is clear on what it is assuming I can get them of course. My bank is pretty anal about foreign transactions sometimes thinking its fraud(good, but annoying).

死印(Death Mark)
https://amzn.to/2HqRAAn

June 28 2018
Visual novel spooky game, but actually looks legit. The cover art is almost enough to make me want to buy it alone. This game came out almost a year ago on PS vita and sometime on PS4 I think. The video I linked is of a bilingual girl playing it, but the game is NOT IN ENGLISH. LET ME REPEAT JAPANESE ONLY. The subtitles you see in her video are those she added herself in post it would seem. So I am letting you know that. Its just good to help you decide if you want the game more easily. But You have to be able to read Japanese.

CLOSED NIGHTMARE
https://amzn.to/2vIhJFj

Another one by Nippon1. Amazon has 2 versions here. The more expensive one has a super exclusive ultra RARE!!!! digital wallpaper....or just get the other one that is like $10 cheaper. What were they thinking?

あなたの四騎姫教導譚(For your Knight Princess: Instructor Story[probably])
https://amzn.to/2HqC87r

Seems like a low budget arcade style top down beat em up with some squad mechanics for minions to help you. Also seems to have an affinity system(increase the bonds with your characters or between characters). There are clearly 4 main girls here that have different abilities, and there is a progression system of leveling up in some way. Again, looks really budget but for some reason has 4 versions on amazon...One is just a download ”ダウンロード”. There is an amazon exclusive which is long gone now. But it had a Soundtrack(didn't say CD, probably digital, but uncertain), "booklet and wallpaper data" so unclear if booklet is digital or physical; and amazon exclusive A4 clear file. For those unaware Japan has this thing about these plastic sheets that have designs on them that you just use to write on top of and file with your papers, used by school students AKAIK. I have a few of these things.

The "famitsu DX" version still has apparently 3 left in stock as of this writing. Yipe! Has (I think) B2 Tapestry again. A pouch. A sound track. A microfiber cloth(come on, my dorito fingers aren't THAT greasy). Seems like this is the best version, though the amazon one looks more like a launch edition or day 1 edition yet somehow being more exclusive because its only amazon.

Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker
https://amzn.to/2Fgfvwi

Video is included on the side panel by the way. Seems like a strange game from square enix, but appears to be a 4 player party game where you explore caves in a 2d platformer. Maybe think spelunky meets party game? Seems really weak, but hey, could be amazeballs for all I know.

Lost Sphere
https://amzn.to/2vID4yu
Not exclusive buuuut....Screw square enix I paid them $10 shipping alone for this thing for domestic shipping wtf? It was $70 for the US version on their website. on japan amazon it is like $30(shipping not calculated).

That is it for now. I know this isn't everything. But it is at least some stuff that is unique to Japan. As I find things I want/buy I'll post them. Nippon1.jp would be a good place in general to at least find out new things, but it seems you can find their special editions on amazon.co.jp which would make international shipping easier. If you are interested in figuring out how to import I can probably help you too if you have questions.

P.S. This was my first post, had to save it to notepad. spam filter thought I was a spambot lol, mods manually unbanned me lol. Also I hope those short links work...they don't for me, but I have a filter that doesn't trust links sometimes. If not just go to amazon.co.jp and copy-paste the game names in the search bar.

Edited on by hirokun

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic