Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 11,398

Polan18

@RueDaydreamer if they do and it’s not a homemade printed cover, I’ll buy it and can send money via PayPal to you. Now that I know it exists, I have to have it haha.

Polan18

pasicci

Thanks for some of the feedback on my site! I want to make 1 small thing clear, for me a variant means there is a different content inside the retail release. I will soon be adding information for all the cover variations to make the site even more complete.
Should anyone find any more examples to correct, do let me know! This site is meant to be the most complete source you will ever find.

pasicci

MrCIB

pasicci wrote:

Thanks for some of the feedback on my site! I want to make 1 small thing clear, for me a variant means there is a different content inside the retail release. I will soon be adding information for all the cover variations to make the site even more complete.
Should anyone find any more examples to correct, do let me know! This site is meant to be the most complete source you will ever find.

Do what you please........... it's your site but that's not what a variant is nor has it been the last 20+ years I've been collecting.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

pasicci

MrCIB wrote:

pasicci wrote:

Do what you please........... it's your site but that's not what a variant is nor has it been the last 20+ years I've been collecting.

So let me get this straight, all the different USK rating cover differences are valid variations for you?

pasicci

MrCIB

pasicci wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

pasicci wrote:

So let me get this straight, all the different USK rating cover differences are valid variations for you?

Of course......... That's a region variant. Why do you think people collect North America, PAL, Japanese and whatever region they want. They are all variations. Now 99% of collectors will key in on a specific region for example North America (which includes US, Canada and Mexico). They decide at that point how deep they want to drill in as most people stick to the country they could buy at retail..... However some one who collected for the Wii for example ran into 3 games only released in Mexico ..... up to them to decide. Someone out of Canada in the Sega Master System days had different releases not brought to the states and also blue label variants.

Side example there is what 4 different version of Let's Sing 2018 right......... the one called Let's Sing 10 out of Spain if I recall. They all have different songs with country specific songs added. Now that'd different contents but you don't list it that way. Me personally I bought 1 UK Let's Sing 2018 and Let's Sing 10 because the name is different.

All I am saying is if you are going to claim to be the most complete site you have to go that far or alter it so it's clear to you intended user.

Let me ask do you consider all the NIS America releases that have collector's editions variants? I mean the actual game/case is the same right? So if you don't get the collector's box they came in would you know the difference?

Retro City Rampage made sure the cover was different is this a variant to you?

See how tricky this can get

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

pasicci

I see your point, however for me, these fall under 1 title, which is why I list them inside the information/game page. I will be adding a new listing to mention actual cover variations soon.

PS Let's sing actually had all this info already in the details. As I do not own them yet, I can not guarantee that it is really different songs or just disguised as downloads

(many thanks for the feedback, very appreciated)

pasicci

MrCIB

pasicci wrote:

I see your point, however for me, these fall under 1 title, which is why I list them inside the information/game page. I will be adding a new listing to mention actual cover variations soon.

PS Let's sing actually had all this info already in the details. As I do not own them yet, I can not guarantee that it is really different songs or just disguised as downloads

(many thanks for the feedback, very appreciated)

You are putting in a lot of hard work that will be much appreciated by everyone that finds the site. The more resources the better and we have to help each other get the information all in one place. Great job!

P.S. Google the Let's Sing 2018 playlist and you will see a group of songs are the same. Then they add 5-7 from singers in their respective countries.

MrCIB

pasicci

for me, I go for different physical content to make it a different one, Retro city is actually the best example we can take, 2 variants due to different contents, one has the cart, the other that silly 3D glasses, ...
Input from any and all Fellow collectors, like everyone here on this thread, are exactly what is needed to make my site more and more complete, hence also all my questions

(About the NIS question, I have been thinking about this in the past, to list them as alternative editions or so, same for Fire Emblem Warriors, EU got a different box from US, ....)

pasicci

MrCIB

pasicci wrote:

for me, I go for different physical content to make it a different one, Retro city is actually the best example we can take, 2 variants due to different contents, one has the cart, the other that silly 3D glasses, ...
Input from any and all Fellow collectors, like everyone here on this thread, are exactly what is needed to make my site more and more complete, hence also all my questions

(About the NIS question, I have been thinking about this in the past, to list them as alternative editions or so, same for Fire Emblem Warriors, EU got a different box from US, ....)

Here's What I would do if I were you.

List the games as you have but add filters (if you can) to show Games Only Released in North America, Europe, Japan, etc. that way its easy for someone to decide what they want to see. Maybe later add a language filter which would pick up games that have English, Japanese, etc. on the cart. (like Neo Geo collector's don't have a problem buying Japanese games because they can play in English)

I consider the NIS, Xeno, Fire Emblem games as one game therefore you only need 1 to have a complete collection but similar to how you did Zelda with 6 different editions you can list each one that was released.

What will make you site the #1 resource is if you can make it interactive with the filters. So if someone wants to see all the North American Collector's Editions they could or All games with English on the Cart or all Games released in 2017......

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

pasicci

I tried adding filters before but weebly (the hosting company) keeps crashing on me when I want to sort a second time. Unless I go for a paying site, which is near 100 euro per year, they do not support this
I do not want to start begging for donations or worse, patreon, so that option is sadly out for the time being
They did mention in their support mail that they will be adding a more specific tag support, which should make this possible.

For the languages, I put up the country icon now for country exclusives and a thumbs up icon for english support. the thumbs down means english is confirmed to be not present.

pasicci

pasicci

if they'd do the full support, I could also have full changelogs available for when information gets edited and everything. I would love to be able to do that, but my html skills are very limited to say the least.
maybe I should just pay someone to make the backbone for me, it would make everything even better.

pasicci

MrCIB

@pasicci Once you capture all the data (seems as you have most of it) then you may can figure out that portion. I have zero html skills but I know what people like.

Change logs would be cool too! You have a lot of great ideas

MrCIB

pasicci

my ideal scenario, enable users to log in, keep track of their physical collections, ... But that is beyond what I really want to achieve.
Primarily, it should be about providing free and accurate information.
If anyone here wants to help out with the backbone, feel free to DM me, haha

pasicci

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic