Forums

Topic: Switch announcements 2018 guessing game

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

darkswabber

I was curious what nintendolife forum readers think will still be announced for the switch before the year is over.
I mainly mean third party ports. And I specifically mean what people THINK will be announced for sure. Not what they hope or like to be announced.

My guesses would be:
Borderlands the handsome collection
Darksiders 1 and 2
Wolfenstein the new order/old blood
Prey
Dishonored 1 and 2.

So what do you think will be announced for sure within the next 4 months?

(P.S. Hope this is allowed and doesn’t count as a duplicate post in any way)

darkswabber

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@darkswabber
Upcoming Switch games that i'm waiting for :
1. Re:Legend
2. My Time at Portia
3. Catastronauts
4. 99 Vidas
5. Hyper Sports R
6. Fit Boxing
7. Neko Tomo
8. Earthlock (Physical release announcement)
9. LABO Toy Cons 03 Vehicle Kit
10. Chuka Taisen

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

darkswabber

@Anti-Matter but those were announced already.
I mean, what game that already exists on other platforms (pc, ps3, ps4, xbox etc) do you think will definitilly still be announced this year to come to the switch.
Like how you correctly guessed portal knights would come to the switch before it was even announced.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@darkswabber
Ow....
My predictions :
1. The Sims 4 ???
2. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
3. FF X/X-2 HD
4. FF IX HD
5. Dance Dance Revolution
6. World of Final Fantasy
7. Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
8. Farming Together (from Steam)
9. Oceanhorn 2 (from IOs / Android)
10. Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

A 2D SMB based on the eight bit sections of Odyssey. Obvious, I know, but I think it’s going to happen.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

redd214

@bimmy-lee I've been hoping for this since I entered the 1st 8bit pipe in odyssey. Those were by far my favorite parts of that game. A fully fleshed out game in that art style would be glorious!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

paihia

@Anti-Matter I hope your right when it comes to Final Fantasy XII

paihia

paihia

and I hope they give us Super Mario 3d world its such a great multiplayer experience I really miss that game now Ive sold my wii u

paihia

bimmy-lee

@redd214 - Same here. Those sections, oddly, feel like the freshest gameplay in Odyssey, but I’m only in the Metro Kingdom and haven’t played for a couple months. There are so many possibilities in the concept too. I think it would be funny to have a beautiful, 3D hubworld, but all the gameplay takes place in this 2D style. It’s million seller software with the potential to move hardware.

Even if it’s not this year, I think we’ll get a great 2D SMB game on Switch. The only art style that would make me happier than a full game realized from the 2D Odyssey sections would be something hand drawn in the style of the old Nintendo Power Adventures manga.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@ReaderRagfish - That’s the next mobile title. Two button game play. Up and down. You just thwomp the thwit out of everything.

limby-bee was a jerk.

TuVictus

The borderlands collection making it to Switch would be pretty exciting.

I definitely think we're gonna get a Xenoblade X announcement this year, but it won't release until sometime in 2019

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

1st party

• NSMBU + NSLU (2019) - While I do think it'll happen I don't believe the 2018 release part. I think Nintendo's just going to let 3rd parties, Pokemon and Smash take the spotlight and then release this Wii U port in February.
  • XCX (2019) - I think it'll be announced along with Elma in Smash (think Shulk's reveal in 2014)

3rd party

• Zombi U (2019) - Ubisoft is porting Wii U games to Switch so I think this'll come
  • Darksiders 1 and 2 (2019) - Many Wii U ports are coming to Switch so I think this'll come
  • Some kind of Castlevania collection (2019) - I think Konami is going to use Smash to revive interest in the franchise like Capcom did with Mega Man
  • DOOM SNES (2018) - As part of Bethesda's Switch support, some of their classic games come to Switch
  • Classic Final Fantasy collection (2019) - I to VI, the Nintendo era of Final Fantasy comes to Switch
  • Bravely Default, Second and Third (2019) - Following the success of Octopath, Square continues the Bravely series on Switch and ports the 3DS games

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

@Grumblevolcano would love that Final Fantasy collection and think the classic games like Doom could be a real possibility.

@Anti-Matter I'd love to see FF9 and FF12 make it to Switch. Is say 12 was more realistic.

Personally I'm thinking Wolfenstein Old Blood/New Order have a strong chance as well as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and the Ezio Collection or Rogue remastered from Ubisoft.

bluemage1989

JasmineDragon

GTA 5 and Fallout New Vegas - announcement soon, release 2019.

New F-Zero out in 2018.

Zelda remake out in 2019 - something in the spirit of A Link Between Worlds with a Switch twist. Probably 2D.

New Paper Mario, probably also a 2019 release.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

ValhallaOutcast

Mario Maker
Borderlands Handsome Collection
new Super Mario Bros U
Hotline Miami 1 and 2

some new games too but ports are easier to guess because they exist already

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

ValhallaOutcast

@Grumblevolcano I would love a classic Doom like they did with the Duke Nukeem anniverary but hopefully no the SNES version I would prefer the PC/DOS version

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.