Forums

Topic: Switch 2020 unannounced game release speculation.

Posts 21 to 40 of 129

Mince

@Bolt_Strike valid points and probably by not playing the same game every year I have manage to avoid over saturating myself

I would also disagree nintendo makes family and for all ages games, while TPC makes Children’s tv shows, toys, games. All liking back to nostalgia for the adults.

Nostalgia can only go so far though and when you play a Child’s game with the objective of remaining accessible to the youngest of audience year in year out the outcome is quite obvious rising expectation for a game and franchise that could yet will never deliver it.

Anyway lets agree to disagree for me pokemon sword was 10/10 absolutely fantastic and could have been much better. But i will take one think away from you (bot to play every Pokemon game then expect something different in 10 years.

Edited on by Mince

Mince

StuTwo

StuTwo wrote:

Also I’d hazard a guess at something ‘Bravely’ from Square. Either a collection of the 3DS games or Bravely Third.

About tonight’s Euromillions numbers...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

TOUGHDUDE94

who thinks that a switch pro will come out next year to compete with ps5 and seires x i mean somewhat
like 1440p docked and 1080p handheld mode and backwards compatable with switch games like ps4 pro or the xbox x and n3ds

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

games i think are
oddessy 2 or 3d world
pokemon let go gen 2 or gen 4 remake
smash bros. DLC(pack 5 and the start of pack 6-10)
also bayo 3
i think prime 4 is a 2022 or later but prime 1-3 is possible
A star fox game
mario kart 9 or X or super smash kart
Fire emblem 3/4 remake or GBA remake
a warriors game with a new nintendo series like star fox or mario or metriod
also 4 online snes/nes updates with GB/GBC/GBA coming or N64
i think we get xbox game pass
it hard to know i would love to see f-zero or nintendo makes a VR thats better than labo unless we get MK8DX to use it.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

WaffleKnight

@andrew20 In 2018, Reggie, when asked about this topic, kind of dismissed it as if it could happen, so I think there’s definitely a chance of the Pro happening next year, albeit a small one. It would be a good way to “keep up” with the new Xbox and PS models.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Magician

Just a few more games I think will make their way to the Switch in 2020.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

Wonder if Prince of Persia will ever make a comeback. Used to play it all the time on the cube

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

Wonder if Prince of Persia will ever make a comeback. Used to play it all the time on the cube

The popularity of the Assassin's Creed series has sort of...killed...Ubisoft's interest in continuing Prince of Persia. That's why its been over a decade since the last Prince of Persia game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician good point. Still be nice to have a remaster or new game though. It was one of my favorite games back in the day

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

Definitely gonna see a Skyward Sword port, perhaps even ports of the Twilight Princess/Wind Waker remasters from Wii U.

(I also LOVED the Prince of Persia games. Freakin' awesome. Wish they would do something with that franchise.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault id be cool with any of those 3 zelda ports in 2020 as long as we get botw2 in 2021. But what i REALLLLLLY want, is botw2 in 2020..

NintendoByNature

iKhan

andrew20 wrote:

a warriors game with a new nintendo series like star fox or mario or metriod

it hard to know i would love to see f-zero or nintendo makes a VR thats better than labo unless we get MK8DX to use it.

Jon from Gamexplain mentioned Xenoblade warriors, and I'm so down for that game it's not even funny. I don't even like Warriors style game.

I'm like 95% sure they still have Retro's Star Fox Grand Prix on the shelf either fully completed or mostly completed if that's a good replacement for f-zero. You don't get rumors that strong when nothing is happening. My two hunches are this.

A. The game got completely cancelled due to development issues.
B. The game was completed, and ready to release, and Nintendo shelved it because they are trying to be more conscious about when they announce spinoffs for long forgotten or poorly treated franchises

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

Jon from Gamexplain mentioned Xenoblade warriors, and I'm so down for that game it's not even funny. I don't even like Warriors style game.

That would be incredible, given all of the awesome environments they could use.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

aresius

what i really wnat on 2020 :
my wishlist for third party:

kingdom of amalur port with all DLC
xcom enemy within or xcom 2(dlc included)
evil within 1(and if possibile 2)

i think all of this are possibile on switch

aresius

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, I'm not the biggest fan of BotW, but I'll still admit it's an excellent game, and the sequel may have some tweaks that'll get it feeling a bit more "Zelda" and less Assassin's Creed in Hyrule. Anyway, I just don't see a 2020 release, though. People keep piling on when I say this, but I really think this year is gonna be Metroid for the holiday release. Will just have to wait and see!

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I get it. It wasn't exactly zelda-esque other than characters and story line ( or lack thereof). But I will say i absolutely loved it from start to finish. It was the only game i was genuinely sad to finish. I think botw2 will be a good mix of traditional zelda and botw style. Are you thinking prime trilogy for holiday 2020 or a new 2d metroid for holiday 2020. I dont think prime 4 is anywhere near completion. If we get a zelda port, prime trilogy( or new 2d), and bayo3 in 2020, i will be an extremely happy camper.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

RR529

@iKhan, I thought the Star Fox Grand Prix rumour ended up just being that racing mode they added to Starlink. At least I don't think I've heard anything about it since it released.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

I'd like new games. New IPs preferably. Don't really care anymore for the umpteenth release of Wind Waker or whatever other game. They should make the available digitally by default IMO.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I'm pretty Windwaker only has 2 releases!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, but it has been available on all their consoles since its release. I don't know why people are still asking for a re-release. I'd rather see the BOTW sequel or a new Zelda game before another game I've played a dozen times already.

Octane

Sorry, this topic has been locked.