Forums

Topic: Switch 2018 is going to be the Dust Collecter

Posts 21 to 40 of 239

canucksfan989

@mowerdude We're talking about 2018 though so why bring up 2017 games? The Wii U ports this year are Bayonetta 1 and 2, Hyrule Warriors and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze that's it. The PS4 has been doing ports as well from PS3 games so why is it bad when Nintendo does it a bit hypocritical don't you think. Like others have said it's getting new games like Yoshi, Kirby ,Street Fighter Collection, Megaman 11, Nintendo Labo and Mario Tennis. You may be burned out on indies but they sell like hot cakes on the Switch in some cases better than previous versions of it like Super Meat Boy on the Switch outselling the Xbox 360 version.

canucksfan989

Anti-Matter

@mowerdude
I just want to know.
What genre are you looking most ?
Action ? RPG ? Racing ? Strategy ? Simulation ?
Looks like you are even Pickier than me.
My suggestion : try to expand your gaming limit.
If you used to play One genre only, try Different genre that might captivated you.
I have played so many games with Different genres.

Action ? I played LEGO CITY Undercover.

3D Platformer ? Super Mario Odyssey, Kao the Kangaroo Round 2

Rhythm ? Dance Dance Revolution, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise, MaiMai

Strategy ? Final Fantasy Tactics, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battles, Harvest Moon

RPG ? Final Fantasy series, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Miitopia, Fantasy Life, Kingdom Hearts, Portal Knights

Simulation ? The Sims series, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, My Sims, Style Savvy Fashion Forward

Party ? Wii Party, Mario Party, Cooking Mama, Ochaken no Heya, Minna no series NDS, Bomberman, Go Vacation

Sport / Fighting ? Animal Boxing DS, K-1 series PS2, K-1 Pocket Grand Prix, Street Fighter, Little League Word series Baseball 2009

And many more.

Loose your ego and pride as a gamer.
Even cute / light games are enjoyable to play.
Even i play some Indie games such as Portal Knights, Overcooked, Earthlock, etc.
Have a nice searching for new Switch games.

Anti-Matter

skywake

Inertiacreep wrote:

@skywake so what? nobody buys a new console just to be fed last gen crap.

Look, I know you're being hyperbolic because you have a point of view and you're sticking to it. Nothing I will say will change your mind. However for the benefit of everyone else lets lay out the facts on the table here.

1. Most of these Wii U games that are being ported are from ~2014. By any reasonable measure they aren't last generation games. It's like if Blizzard came out at E3 this year and said Overwatch was coming to Switch in early 2019. Would you call that "last gen crap"? And if not why not? What's different?

2. People do buy ports whether you like it or not. And a large part of that is people buying a new console and maybe picking up games they missed out on buy not buying the console prior. Like how The Last of Us sold about as well on PS4 as it did on PS3, likely because a lot of people who got a PS4 didn't own a PS3. Or how GTA 5 has sold very well on PS4/XBOne and remains consistently one of the best selling games year after year despite being "last gen crap"

3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was one of the best selling games of 2017 across all platforms

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

Inertiacreep wrote:

@skywake so what? nobody buys a new console just to be fed last gen crap.

I bought Switch for any Great games.
Doesn't matter ports or Old games, as long i like it, i buy it.
Crap ? Seriously ?!

Anti-Matter

GoldenGamer88

@mowerdude If you‘ve got so limited interest in Nintendo‘s franchises, why do you sound so surprised by the prospect of your Switch collecting dust. Did you seriously expect Nintendo to just barf out Mario and Zelda games one after the other? What exactly IS this thread for?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Late

Let it collect dust then. Keep buying PS4 games and when an interesting Switch game eventually comes out, buy it. Simple as that. Maybe you could have waited a bit before buying a Switch if you aren't into its library of games?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

noobish_hat

@skywake
Generations aren't determined by time, they're determined by generation. 2014 is last gen for Wii U games because the Wii U was the generation before the Switch. It's last gen. Overwatch coming to the Switch is apples and oranges because it wasn't on a last gen system.

noobish_hat

Matthew010

@MsJubilee I think a few people (myself included) are getting bored of all the indie releases.

Matthew010

noobish_hat

How can you get bored of indie releases? Indie is not a genre. You can just as easily get bored of big publisher games (a lot more easily in fact, since there is a lot less variety in big games).

noobish_hat

Fight_Teza_Fight

@mowerdude I'm sure you'll get some stick, but I'm in the same boat. I'm primarily a PlayStation gamer, but I bought a Switch for Zelda and Mario. The only other game I own is Sonic Mania.
I haven't turned on my Switch in almost 2 months, which is partly do to big PS4 releases, but mostly because the Switch hasn't given me a reason to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited for Bayonetta 1+2 & Project Octopath Traveler (no release date), but that's it.
This is why I'm frustrated by Nintendo pushing Labo & 'more peripherals' less than 1 year into the Switch's lifecycle. Their focus should be on software.
If Sony had planned to release PSVR 1 year into the PS4s lifecycle the PlayStation fandom would've collectively lost their mind- but Labo is fine, because Nintendo.

I also understand that a lot of Nintendo-only gamers will be very happy with the ports & I'm happy for them. I bought a Nintendo Switch to play Nintendo games. Issue is Nintendo isn't giving me the games that I want. I try to stretch my money as much as possible & the bottom line is all third party games are cheaper on PS4, XB1 & PC- so that's where I get those games.

I'm surprised more people haven't brought up Switch's lackluster release schedule for 2018.
It's almost like Nintendo is distracting everyone with cardboar...I mean Labo.

Just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of Nintendo-only gamers are very happy with the Switch and the overpriced ports. In contrast Sony is releasing Shadow of the Colossus REMAKE for £25 next week.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

GrailUK

@Fight_Teza_Fight I'm not entirely sure how you can question Nintendo's commitment to software after releasing 2 of the highest rated games ever in a single year. Those 2 games alone (as well as Mario Kart) are going to sell Switches for some time to come.

• Third party support is growing.
  • Indie support is amazing.
  • Nintendo have managed to release games in between their new offerings (and these are proving to be them at their best.)
  • They are experimenting with new concepts (and man they need applauding for this.)
    I just don't get the negativity. And if you haven't played Shadow of the Colossus then you SHOULD get off the Switch and play it if you can. It was gorgeous on the PS2.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

LuckyLand

Skyrim alone would be enough for Switch to not be left collecting dust. I already have more than 100 hours on it on Switch and when I bought it on Switch I already played more than 500 hours on PC. I'm playing it both on Switch AND on PC still now. I also have other games on Switch that I like to add more variety (I'll never get tired of Mario Kart and Street fighter games for example) and there are more games I want to buy this year. There is no way Switch is going to collect dust with me. I had Tropical Freeze on Wii U but sold it after a while because I couldn't suffer Wii U as a console, I hated using it even for games I enjoyed. It will be a pleasure to have those games on a much better, much more pleasant console that I actually enjoy using.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

electrolite77

@mowerdude

"Hey everyone, look at me, look at meeeee, I need attention" is what I think this thread is about

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Anti-Matter

@Fight_Teza_Fight
Gaming mindset like that should be changed.
Playing video games is not just only about graphics, but also about gameplay.
You said you just care about software, no cates about weird accesories like LABO.
That's like One dimensional gaming.
Just only know One thing, refuse to try another thing.
Sony just rely on Powerful graphics but Boring gameplay, Nintendo rely on Out of the Box gameplay, maybe less powerful but who cares ? Because it looks Interesting.
Out of the Box gaming are really knockout than Typical Mainstream gaming.

Btw, the game you said £25 maybe Cheap in price, But it played in SAME way, hooked on TV. Not really attractive.
Meanwhile, with LABO, maybe a bit pricey, but you can turn into So Many Possibilities to play, Really interesting.
If i have to choose, i would rather choose Out of the Box games like LABO than Ultra HD games but Boring and Typical.

Anti-Matter

Fight_Teza_Fight

@GrailUK Zelda was a Wii U game that was delayed for the Switch & Mario Kart 8 deluxe whilst great is also a port. I don't really care about how many Switch's Nintendo sell, I'm not a share holder- I'm a consumer. Yes a large install base will lead to greater third party/indie support, but those games I can pick up elsewhere cheaper.

Lets not forget that fans claimed that both the PS4 and XB1 had 'no games' & was 'collecting dust' for almost 2 years before they eventually stopped. The Switch is getting significantly less AAA support then they did.

Nintendo's lifeblood is it's hardcore fanbase, but ironically enough they are also its greatest weakness. They are easily satisfied/blindly faithful as is the case with the Switch's less than stellar 2018 line up.
As a consumer you shouldn't say 'Good Job Nintendo' and leave it at that, you should always ask 'What's Next?'.

Brand loyalty exists everywhere, but it's particularly present within the Nintendo fandom (again a great strength & weakness).
Being blindly loyal to a corporate entity gets you nowhere. We are all nothing more than $$$ to them.

I know people will say wait for E3, wait for the next direct, wait for TGS, but that really isn't good enough when the 'big' releases start drying up.

@Anti-Matter Labo is not for me.
I like to think I have a very broad gaming spectrum. I own over 90 PS4 games, near 150 PSVita games & 20+ PSVR games across a number of different genres.
If you want to believe that all PlayStation games are all about graphics and not about gameplay that's your opinion (& ridiculous btw).

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BigBadJohn

Can I suggest that you dust more regularly? A clean house is a happy House. If my tv has dust on it I don’t complain that there’s not a new season of game of thrones out.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Anti-Matter

@Fight_Teza_Fight
Change the NORM.
Norm about gaming that should be AAA 3rd party, Hooked on TV, Hardcore Only, All of those mindset should be Changed.
My Norm about gaming are : Must be Appropriate for Everyone (Kid friendly), Unique, Funny, Interesting, Decent 3D rendering, Portability.

Oh, i did the OPPOSITE.
Right now, i have More than 90 Nintendo games altogether (10 Switch, 25 NDS , 31 3DS, 17 Wii, 7 Wii U, 3 Gamecube).
I also have some PS4 games, But ONLY 8 games right now (Later, i will get the 9th PS4 game) because i almost can't find Decent Kid friendly games from PS4.

Btw, AAA 3rd party games are NOT a God to be worshiped.
Never underestimate simple games yet interesting like LABO.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Inertiacreep

@kkslider5552000 BOTW is not last gen.
@skywake well yea, everything that came out on last generations hardware is technically last gen.. and ok you guys took that comment too literally. When i said that, I'm aware people will buy ports.. there's a couple i even want myself... but fact of the matter is these are old games that didn't sell any systems when they came out. People buy new consoles to play bigger and better games, not games they didn't care enough to buy 5 years ago. So if there's no new games who cares? You think all the people who didn't buy a wiiU are going to get excited when the Switch has nothing coming about except games they didn't buy the first time around?

Again, i know Nintendo has some huge announcements this year because there's no way some dumb Mario tennis game is the best they can come up with for the year... but it's not doing anyone any good to have the best selling console ever and have everyone asking what's new and exciting this year and the response is not a damn thing.

This is the second year.. it's supposed to be better than the first, not worse.

Inertiacreep

Octane

@Anti-Matter There's a bit of irony in the fact that you're talking about changing people's mindsets, when you're own is probably the most restricted I've ever seen...

If you can't find them, look harder: Gravity Rush 1 and 2, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet & Clank, Knack 1 and 2, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, Little Big Planet 3, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, Unravel, Journey, WipeOut Omega Collection, Everybody's Golf, etc. Plenty of choice.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.