Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 641 to 660 of 4,507

Harmonie

@DarthNocturnal Yes, but the original release of Mario Kart 7 was called just that, Mario Kart 7. With this, we have two titles that were never referred to with a number. It's just fans that call them Super Smash Bros 4.

Again, I don't think it matters, though. I'm certain that if it were a port, the title would have been decided and revealed in that teaser trailer.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Scrummer

They wouldn't have such an epic reveal if it were a port.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

NaviAndMii

Smash games are so consistently similar to one another - I barely even see how it matters, to be honest...

At best, I'm expecting Smash Switch to be about as different from Smash WiiU as Splatoon 2 was from the original Splatoon...it'll look and play pretty much the same as any other Smash game (a few tweaks here-and-there, but no major overhaul) - we can guess most of the roster (Link, Mario etc) - but hopefully this one will have enough new content (a character 'switching' mechanic perhaps? the return of the Subspace Emissary maybe?) for it to stand alone.

...but, let's be real, it'll be this kind of thing either way!

Untitled

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

DarkRula

What happened to Mario for his legs to have bent at that very awkward angle?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NaviAndMii

DarkRula wrote:

What happened to Mario for his legs to have bent at that very awkward angle?

Haha! Yeah, looks like the answer is; Yoshi - Yoshi happened!

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Harmonie

@DarkRula Super Smash Bros 64 was very cartoony.

To be honest, I miss that charm that the original had. Maybe it was just because I was like 11 when it was released, but I got a lot of fun just out of the silliness of it all. SSB4 tried to bring back a little with the characters hitting the screen when flying off the top of the screen, but so much more could still be done.

Harmonie

DarkRula

I've never had the pleasure of playing the N64 version, and haven't ever looked anything up for it.
I wonder if that wild prediction in the GameXplain video of 64 being in the masterpieces of this new one will happen?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

I could see Masterpieces not existing at all in Smash Switch. The logic behind them were you'd check them out and then you could buy them on the Wii Shop Channel/Wii U eshop thanks to VC. With Nintendo confirming VC is dead, the point of Masterpieces disappear.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaterpillarGuy59

I know this would never happen, but it would amazing if, due to the lack of VC, the masterpieces section didn’t have time limits, and let you play the full game.

But it’s probably what @Grumblevolcano said, unfortunately.

Edited on by CaterpillarGuy59

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

Octane

Everyone is in!

Octane

Ralizah

So this is the Etrian Odyssey X of the franchise.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane

December 7.

Octane

Harmonie

Not a port. Not a port at all. Glad this ridiculous argument can finally be put to rest.

And they represented Leaf instead of just Red. I almost cried. GameFreak needs to follow.

Harmonie

meleebrawler

I can not get over how murderous Ridley looks.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TuVictus

Just a few weeks ago I got into an argument over the stupid "Ridley is too big" excuse. I said it's a game character at the mercy of the whims of the developer, they can make him any size they want to make it work.

So...Yep.

TuVictus

Joeynator3000

Kinda annoyed at the Ultimate thing...Monster Hunter is already doing this, don't you start, Sakurai. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

@Snaplocket And even when he did people saw through it. It was always a case of "I just don't want to right now". No doubt it took more effort than the average character to make him work, but I never once believed the "he's too big" thing

TuVictus

LuigiTheGreenFire

At the moment, I am very disappointed. Instead of offering new experiences like the previous games have, this seems to just want to collect stages and fighters from the past. This seems like a semi-sequel, like Splatoon 2. We still need more details revealed, but I'm not surprised anymore that this is only coming out 4 years after the last Smash given what's been indicated.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic