Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 601 to 620 of 4,508

Rensuiki

MWEHEHEH now... we shall have our single player story mode but If they weren’t thinking of putting one in and it comes down to last minute revisions to the game...making it come out not so expected.... possibly making story mode lame

I’m that case just scratch the story mode and keep it they way it was.

Is what I think would be a good idea

Rensuiki

-Green-

So does Smash do Patch Notes? iirc they just patch the game and expect the fanbase to find the changes, right?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Hopefully they take notes from Splatoon 2 and have a more consistent system of updating their game along with reasonable Patch Notes.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Joeynator3000

I thought Smash 4 had some patch notes...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

meleebrawler

@-Green- ARMS does it the best if you ask me, they even have a little fun with it by providing unnecessary, but funny in-universe justifications for some of the changes.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ninsushido

I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros very much, but I'm a bit worried Nintendo is going to repeat their business model of Smash for WiiU. All those paid DLC packs were insane!
I really hope they do it differently this time. A season pass would be ideal if you ask me.

Sushi Striker combines three of my favorite things: Nintendo, Japanese anime and sushi!

Grumblevolcano

The quest for finding out whether Smash Switch is a port or new game continues as new info suggests Bandai Namco co-developed it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

With the info we already have, I don't see many reasons not to assume it's a new game built on top of Smash 4's engine.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Bunkerneath

Hornet for smash!

Untitled

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Yeah, why would Sakurai be working hard on a port? And the game also has a working title. You don't slap a working title on a port.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

Also, you don't mislead your audience into thinking the game might be a new game and not a port if it isn't a new game. Nintendo is not Square Enix.

MarcelRguez

EvilLucario

@MarcelRguez The only time Nintendo acted a teensy bit like Square Enix was with BotW. "Hey, we'll be releasing it in 2015! Oh, never mind, we'll be releasing it in 2016. Ha, gotcha, March 2017." And that's not even half as bad as Square Enix who just announces projects then goes silent for years.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Most of the January 2013 Direct was handled like Square Enix. A lot of that Direct consisted of games released late in the last year and a half of the Wii U's lifespan.

But anyway what comes to mind regarding enhanced port still being possible is if there's significant new additions but it also has all the Wii U (and maybe 3DS) content. So like for characters/stages there's only a few extras but significant additions in the form of modes such as a story mode on a bigger scale than Subspace Emissary, an Adventure mode like Melee, more online options, etc.

Whether you'd call that a new game or an enhanced port is a blurry area.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@EvilLucario Yeah, that was bad at the time. Totally worth it at the end tough. Wish I could say the same for FFXV.

MarcelRguez

TheTetrisGuy

This almost certainly has no meaning behind it, but what if this has more to it? I’m not saying it does, it’s just fun to speculate.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Grumblevolcano

If there's more LoZ representation in Smash Switch, I'd hope the movesets would be inspired by Hyrule Warriors but I'm fine with Ganondorf still being a Captain Falcon clone.

Grumblevolcano

OdnetninAges

TheTetrisGuy wrote:

This almost certainly has no meaning behind it, but what if this has more to it? I’m not saying it does, it’s just fun to speculate.

Well if the Switch online service is coming in September, then releasing Smash in the last week of August would make sense to me.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Aozz101x

Trinen confirmed the follow:

“It’s an exciting way to showcase the new game with some of the best players in the world playing it. Typically players from the different games don’t play against each other, but we wanted to showcase the game before launch and wanted to represent both sides of what is a very strong Smash Bros. community.”

“The tournament is going to be designed to show quite a bit of the game in terms of modes, characters and items, but obviously we won’t show everything and we’re keeping a few surprises for later in the year.”

https://nintendoeverything.com/bill-trinen-talks-smash-bros-i...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

jtmnm

Just wanted make a couple notes on the language used there:

". . . showcase the new game . . ."
"Typically players from the different games don’t play against each other . . ."

Seems indicative that this new Smash is indeed a new game, though the latter quote is confusing to me. Perhaps Trinen is referring to Smash characters' origin games, because it seems silly to assert that any demographic of Smash players don't play against each other. Maybe this is a hint at a new single-player/co-op adventure mode of some kind.

". . . we’re keeping a few surprises for later in the year."

We're already halfway into the year. This makes it sound Smash will have a holiday release, assuming Nintendo commits itself to a 2018 release. Assuming the lead-up to Smash 4 is a good reference for what to expect in the coming months, I'm looking forward to seeing more character trailers. Those were (and still are) the business.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

"More modes?" Mm, I'd like more information on that.

@JTMnM I know absolutely nothing about the top-tiered Smash players playing against each other, but perhaps they're just referring to that, where a part of them primarily plays Melee and the other part plays Smash 4.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic