Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. (Switch)

Posts 601 to 620 of 696

OorWullie

@IceClimbers Yep, couldn't agree with your post more including the expletives. Quite why some are so insistent on it being a port escapes me.

Splatoon 2 is also really just 1.5, even though it has a brand new single player campaign and co-op mode,new ranked mode, new weapons and specials, new maps, new hub, new characters and new gear, new soundtrack and better graphics to boot. What more could it possibly have for it to be considered a true sequel instead of an enhanced port?

I would like to see Smash 5 having a brand new art style. Something to really make it stand out. I was thinking cel-shaded but not sure if that would work.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

MisterPi

Lol, it's funny to see such intense reactions for something so inconsequential in the end. People will buy it either way, save for maybe a small handful of people if it ends up being an updated port.

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Grumblevolcano

The Smash 4 enhanced port vs. new game debate will obviously last until Nintendo announces which one it is.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

YummyHappyPills

It will go beyond that and you know it. This is the same debate people had with Splatoon 2.

And still have with Splatoon 2.

YummyHappyPills

Harmonie

@OorWullie I wasn't very impressed with Super Smash Bros for Wii U's graphics. I'm not really sure why. It just didn't feel quite like the crisp HD I had expected of an HD Super Smash Bros.

The artstyle, though, was actually okay to me. At least the decision to lighten up the textures and colors on characters such as Mario, Bowser, Toon Link, Link, etc. worked so much better than the grittiness of Melee and Brawl. I just think that the graphics could still be a bit more detailed and... HD. For lack of a better term.

Personally, I would like to see a return to the cartoony features of Super Smash Bros 64. Super Smash Bros 4 did bring a little (the characters hitting the screen), but Super Smash Bros 64 still had a heck of a lot more character. I'd like to see that return, personally!

@MisterPi I mean it's not inconsequential to me, so I'm allowed to care about it. I won't spend money on a port of Super Smash Bros. 4. I've spent enough money on that game, and didn't play it a lot in the end because it was missing something that made me want to continue playing it.

Harmonie

Octane

@MisterPi That's why it makes sense business wise to port Smash 4 over and add a few characters. It worked for Mario Kart 8, so the idea itself isn't crazy.

@OorWullie I expect a Splatoon 2. It uses Smash 4 as a base, but it has new characters and stages. New looks for old characters, etc. If it's more than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's Smash 4 Plus, the internet will melt down and I will quietly retreat and wait for a price drop.

Octane

DiscoGentleman

Octane wrote:

If it's Smash 4 Plus, the internet will melt down and I will quietly retreat and wait for a price drop.

hard same. Look how intense and crazy people are already. That is what bothers me.

Dance | with | the | Disco.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
SW-6154-3556-8607
If you are going to send me a friend request, @ mention me ahead of time or your request will be ignored.

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

Haru17

Genius-level commentary of “people will buy it whether or not it’s a port.” Yeah, and that’s what matters to Nintendo. Whether or not it’s a new game only matters to the millions of people who will play it. That part obviously matters the most.

Squirrel with Leaf Fingers 2020
"A future you don't have to work that hard for."

YummyHappyPills

If people are interested in a product they will spend their money that they earned and have control over on it.

It aint your place to sit online and complain people are buying ports with their money.

YummyHappyPills

meleebrawler

Or when the up-to-that-point perennial punching bag Bowser took the world by storm on the 3DS, if only briefly?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

Or the time Nintendo Life became a demo code begging site.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DiscoGentleman

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Or the time Nintendo Life became a demo code begging site.

nailed it

Dance | with | the | Disco.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
SW-6154-3556-8607
If you are going to send me a friend request, @ mention me ahead of time or your request will be ignored.

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

NaviAndMii

Aww - can we still play?

Or the time you first saw Master Hand and thought to yourself; "I wonder if that's the hand that can manipulate Mario's face in the title screen of Mario 64?"

(...no? - just me then!)

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MD 🎮 NSW 🎮

MK8D (R: 8600, B: 2500)
Splatoon 2 (L: 63, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)
Rocket League (L: 25 - Pro)

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Grumblevolcano

Anyway, I have 2 wants for Smash Switch irrelevant of whether it's an enhanced port or a sequel:
1. The fewest possible roster cuts (preferably 0 but the transition from Brawl to 3DS/Wii U wasn't that bad, post-launch support is likely too)
2. Online multiplayer works properly (especially with the existence of that paid online subscription)

If both happens, it'll be a fantastic game. Of course in the case of enhanced port, point 1 is already satisfied (0 cuts).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic