Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,651

Haru17

Genius-level commentary of “people will buy it whether or not it’s a port.” Yeah, and that’s what matters to Nintendo. Whether or not it’s a new game only matters to the millions of people who will play it. That part obviously matters the most.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Knuckles-Fajita

If people are interested in a product they will spend their money that they earned and have control over on it.

It aint your place to sit online and complain people are buying ports with their money.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

Joeynator3000

I wonder if this invitational thing will be just as epic and memorable as Smash Wii U's. Everyone remember seeing mega Man's final smash for the first time? xp
also when Zelda used Greninja's final smash as well, lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

meleebrawler

Or when the up-to-that-point perennial punching bag Bowser took the world by storm on the 3DS, if only briefly?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

Or the time Nintendo Life became a demo code begging site.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DiscoGentleman

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Or the time Nintendo Life became a demo code begging site.

nailed it

Please understand: if you are going to send me a friend request, @ tag me at the same time or your request will be ignored.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6154-3556-8607 | 3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | My Nintendo: DinoJP | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I...was referring to that tournament thing...not...any of that stuff. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

NaviAndMii

Aww - can we still play?

Or the time you first saw Master Hand and thought to yourself; "I wonder if that's the hand that can manipulate Mario's face in the title screen of Mario 64?"

(...no? - just me then!)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Anyway, I have 2 wants for Smash Switch irrelevant of whether it's an enhanced port or a sequel:
1. The fewest possible roster cuts (preferably 0 but the transition from Brawl to 3DS/Wii U wasn't that bad, post-launch support is likely too)
2. Online multiplayer works properly (especially with the existence of that paid online subscription)

If both happens, it'll be a fantastic game. Of course in the case of enhanced port, point 1 is already satisfied (0 cuts).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blathers

NaviAndMii wrote:

Aww - can we still play?

Or the time you first saw Master Hand and thought to yourself; "I wonder if that's the hand that can manipulate Mario's face in the title screen of Mario 64?"

(...no? - just me then!)

GMOD Mario faces canon?

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Haru17

Blur_Escalation wrote:

By the way. The recenly released E3 tornament trailer says
"Game footage from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"
So what does Nintendo want to tell us with that?

I mean okay, I didn't realize there was a trailer for the event. But that's just them showing footage of the 2014 (2014?) Smash Bros. E3 tournament. Obviously that would have to be footage of the last game because the Switch version or Smash 5 was only just announced. It's just not indicative of anything.

In any case, the character locks outside of the core cast are Inkling Boy/Girl and the Ice Climbers, since they and Captain Falcon have attained more significance in SSB than their actual series (F-Zero can be great, but characters aren't all that important to racing games).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

NaviAndMii

@Blathers I was a total n00b when I was younger!

I genuinely saw this hand...

Untitled

...and thought it must be this hand!

Untitled

... **face palm!**

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Yookatonic

Hello everyone!

I'm not too familiar with the SSB series (last one I played was Melee) but I'd like to know if its online component is suitable for newcomers. I'm not that great at fighting games and when playing those online I get beaten all the time and lose motivation to continue rather quickly.

Basically what I'd like to know is how the online community for SSB compares to that of other fighting games. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Yookatonic

Grumblevolcano

@Yookatonic Possibly, the issue is that the options which would've been suitable for newcomers had major lag issues in the previous game. So really it depends whether the paid online subscription is actually going to improve the quality of online multiplayer on Switch or not.

Grumblevolcano

TheTetrisGuy

@NaviAndMii I can never see that opening ever again without seeing master hand 😂. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an actual in depth theory somewhere online saying that those hands are one and the same!

@Yookatonic It varies, as far as I know there isn’t any actual matchmaking so you could be put up against someone you skill level, or you could be put up against a Bayonetta player who has played for thousands of hours. I have a feeling this is going to be fixed in the new game but if your jumping into Smash 4 online, you will most likely have some trouble. To plug this site a little, there are forums where you can exchange friend codes so if you use those, you could likely find someone your skill level easily enough.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic