Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 461 to 480 of 4,508

link3710

@Elvie I would love Master Hand/Crazy Hand, though I feel like Taboo would be more likely to become a PC. Giga Bowser already is playable and... Master Core IDEK how that could work.

link3710

TheTetrisGuy

@Snaplocket There’s only so many ways to put it, that meme was a harmless joke at worst so you can have a sense of humor about it or if it really bothers you, just ignore it. I can understand you not liking it, the Wii U had amazing games, but the original poster didn’t mean anything bad by it and it was a slight poke towards it. One way or another the poster removed it and I think we would all rather talk about a exciting upcoming game that a console that is now old news now.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Octane

My favourite console is a purple lunchbox of all things. The last thing I'm worried about is how other people perceive the console. Please make fun of it, that'll brighten my day at least!

Octane

Eel

The GameCube is the best console to have next to your bed.

Whack those unwanted intruders senseless.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel I asked you to make fun of it, not to state the obvious. What else is the handle used for if not for beating up strangers?

Octane

Haru17

...What? Y'know guys, if ya freak out to console shade it's only going to draw out trolling from people like me who think they're funny. Or like Nintendo, who named a video game console "We You" in real life.

Also, I think you're grossly overestimating Nintendo's caring-at-all for indie games @Octane. The reason they cared about Snipperclips at all was that they had nothing to launch with besides Zelda. You'll never hear them mention the game in a press conference, direct, or press release again unless there's a sequel coming to Switch. The Japanese developers of Smash Bros. are simply not going to put content from an English indie game into the game. Also, they would probably just make a second Paper Mario stage with those kind of gimmicks instead. Shovel Knight's a different story because they could use it to pander to the nostalgia crowd.

Also, this thread has given me a very comical mental image of someone sleeping with an uncomfortable large cube-shaped object beneath their pillow.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blathers

People should be aware that the things that they like aren't inherently part of them, so that when the things they enjoy are joked about, that does not mean that their person is being insulted.

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Haru17

I can understand close association with individual games but... whole IP? Consoles? They're just brands and boxes. Games themselves are, in many ways, ideas.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

OdnetninAges

NotAceAttorney wrote:

Also would like to see more Nintendo 3rd party exclusives get the spotlight.
Stocke from Radiant Historia
Neku from The World Ends With You
Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney - he got cut from MvC as well, so maybe Smash?

I like the way you think, Naruhodou.

RR529 wrote:

Yeah, Goku ain't happening in Smash, but if we're lucky Switch will get one of those Shonen Jump crossover fighters that occasionally pop up (and we'll be able to play since the system is region free).

Arc System Works doing a 2D Shonen Jump fighter in the style of FighterZ would be what I'd personally like to see.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Octane

@Haru17 Nintendo published the game, so it's not just some indie game. And their site says ''© 2017 Nintendo. Snipperclips and Nintendo Switch are trademarks of Nintendo.'' So I can only assume they acquired the rights as well.

And maybe you're right, but I'd take a Snipperclips stage over another Paper Mario stage, if only because it's different, and not just ''another'' Mario stage.

Octane

link3710

If we had a Pictochat stage, I don't see why Snipperclips should be out of the running. Especially since it could lead to some really out there stage design.

link3710

NaviAndMii

It's all good! The joke was almost as bad as the photoshop (..almost!) - so I felt no need to preserve it! It was only meant as harmless banter though - as the lone 'N64 kid' at my school, I always had my fair share (!) ..but my friends would always have as much fun playing my console as I did theirs - we might've been able to poke fun at eachothers hardware, but it didn't stop us from enjoying and appreciating the unique experiences that the rival systems could offer (no matter their perceived short-comings or 'limitations')

At the end of the day - you either got to sample the delights, or you didn't...and as someone who only ever played one game on the WiiU (briefly, in a shop) I know which one of us was the one that missed out really! (..me! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Sneaky_Beagle

A Snipperclips stage is highly likely IMO. Nintendo has been heavily pushing smaller titles and "Nindies" on the Switch, and Snipperclips was at the forefront of this movement - it falls decidedly into the former category, and was very well received among critics and gamers.

I wouldn't give Snip and Clip good odds for being fighters, but I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely either.

You know who's a sleeping giant amongst all this Smash 5 talk? Jibanyan from Yo-Kai Watch. He's probably one of the most likely newcomers tbh. You really can't exaggerate how big a deal that series is in Japan, and Level-5 is probably pushing to have him in Smash in order to raise Yo-Kai Watch's international clout. To paraphrase Lord Beckett from Pirates of the Caribbean: having Jibanyan in Smash Bros. is just good business.

Sneaky_Beagle

Octane

@Sneaky_Beagle That's the red cat, right? Well, I've heard something about Yokai Watch coming to Switch, but either way, that's inevitable I think.

Octane

Paraka

So since the roster one got deleted (or merged, not sure which), had this interesting idea that came about when talking Roster on another forum.

We all know Nintendo has a nice handful of unexpected characters to surprise us in various ways. Once it was from before consoles were a thing with Mr. G&W, then it was the peripheral we didn't think of with ROB, and then a character some of us argue isn't even from a "game" with Wii Fit Trainer.

I started thinking of what franchise Smash does not have representing that would be unthinkable. Since now these last events got people going full hipster and declaring their allegiance with whatever nobody they can latch on to ( #teamDillon anyone? (sorry for hashtag)). Then it got me thinking;

They don't have anyone literally representing Smash itself.

We got Crazy and Master Hand, but they never were configured outside what they do now, then I started thinking... Tabuu. Literally rework him as a character with weakened powers akin to his Brawl appearance, and potentially bring him back in his ultra mode as a boss and challenge. Kind of like a small celebration of Brawl.

Paraka

TheTetrisGuy

@Paraka That’s a great idea, but Tabuu was huge in Brawl, and if they shrink him down then the Ridley fans will riot.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Paraka

@TheTetrisGuy - The difference is, Tabuu -DID- appear in various sizes during his fight entirely. Ridley has technically not.

Paraka

Pazzo-TheFool

I've always said it wasn't Ridley's size, it was that he had the proportions of a zombified chicken, long and thin. Hard to scale him down, he'd be the longest fighter ever. Then what? Either he's a punching bag or a broken character.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

meleebrawler

You know how Tatsunoko vs. Capcom made distinctions for it's giant characters?

What if Smash had a mode designed for battles with large characters, bosses if you will. In such an environment Ridley could be the speedy bruiser he's always been.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic