Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 421 to 440 of 4,507

RR529

If they add Goku (which they won't, as he didn't ORIGINATE as a video game character), Kid Goku from the original Dragon Ball would fit best, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

Kid Goku, Goku, Goku Black, SSGSS Goku, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, UI Goku...

Look if they are all different character slots in his kwn stuff we have no hope. You wanna talk about a game with a roster issue?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

I don't know what you mean by Smash characters having more anime than Goku. Goku is known for Dragon Ball, Sonic is known for Sonic '06 because they're respectively an anime and a video game character. Using that nonsense rule we'd have to fit like 20 Star Wars characters in.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

EvilLucario

Adding Goku is such a can of worms for the future it's not worth it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

If Smash was to go down that route, I'd much rather have Shrek than Goku.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

RR529 wrote:

@NaviAndMii, don't worry, as they didn't originate in a video game, the Minions are completely ineligible for Smash...

Unless they're granted some sort of exception to the rules as part of a deal for the Mario movie. Dun, Dun, DUN!!!

Ahhh! Of course! Yeah, I decided to listen to the podcast and that was exactly it! ..they were debating (just debating - phew!) whether the Minions could make an appearance in Smash, as Illumination (whose biggest IP is, of course, the Minions) are handling the Mario movie - or whether movie tie-in's would be a step too far?

So panic over! They were just riffing off the back of that recent link up - nothing more to it!

(..or is there?? - Dun, Dun, DUN!!! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Walru-Cheese

I'm hoping the ice climbers get brought back. From what I understand they were left out because of 3ds limitations but that shouldn't happen on switch.

Walru-Cheese

Pungu

I'm calling Rabbids. It's going to happen in some form. Even if it's just more Mii costumes.

Also would like to see more Nintendo 3rd party exclusives get the spotlight.
Stocke from Radiant Historia
Neku from The World Ends With You
Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney - he got cut from MvC as well, so maybe Smash?

I am Pingu's cousin, Pungu - Noot Noot!

link3710

@Haru17 I was jokingly referring to the fact that there are more episodes, movies, and manga volumes of Pokemon than DBZ.

link3710

RR529

Yeah, Goku ain't happening in Smash, but if we're lucky Switch will get one of those Shonen Jump crossover fighters that occasionally pop up (and we'll be able to play since the system is region free).

I think PS4 (PS3?) got one a few years ago that had Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, and I think Hunter X Hunter characters in it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

IceClimbers

I don't really need Goku in Smash Bros. Just bring FighterZ to Switch and I'm good.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

RR529 wrote:

I think PS4 (PS3?) got one a few years ago that had Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, and I think Hunter X Hunter characters in it.

The game you're describing is called J-Stars Victory VS,actually came out on the PS3 and 4. Not a very good game truth be told.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Haru17

Basically every JRPG and Japanese game has a billion manga of it because some of those companies allow fans to sell unofficial manga based on their IP.

link3710

@Haru17 I'm talking about official mangas. Pokemon Adventures alone has run for longer than Dragonball, not to mention Pokemon DP Adventure, Pokemon Pocket Monster, Pokemon Battle Frontier etc. It's not exactly a question the Pokemon has a bigger media empire than Dragonball does.

link3710

Haru17

I heard someone guess at a rotating Captain Toad stage, which sounds like it could be neat. It's hard to say if that's too recent for Smash though. Remember, this is the series added Delphino Plaza and Luigi's Mansion on the Wii and Rosalina on the Wii U. Recency isn't much of a sure bet.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the stage builder won't have some type of Mario Maker branding.

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 Captain Toad is Wii U era so I don't think that's too recent. The Wii U games represented in Smash 4 via stages were:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Game & Wario
  • Pikmin 3
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Super Mario Maker (DLC)

If any Mario game or Mario spinoff is too soon, it's Odyssey. Even then, Smash 4 had its fair share of less than a year old games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

They have known about Odyssey internally longer than we do. That's before the Switch announcement in 2016. It's one of those things that they can have in the game, but it's also Nintendo, so you never know.

I'd like to see them go all out with the more recent franchises. That includes Captain Toad, as a character and a stage. Snipperclips stage, maybe even as characters if they can make them work. A Labo stage needs to be a thing. ARMS characters perhaps?

Octane

Eel

Smash for WiiU had things for unrelesed games. I don't see Nintendo stopping to think anything is too recent.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

Though I haven't started Mario + Rabbids yet (it's next in line after I finish Bayonetta or BotW), Rabbid Peach sounds like a good idea for a playable Smash character.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic