Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 4,507

chipia

Did they actually fix the lag in online mode? It's the one thing that keeps me from buying the game.

chipia

link3710

You guys are letting your personal preferences get in the way of critical thinking

@status-204 I've been staying out of this, but that's utterly bogus. You might hate Lara Croft, but there's nothing about her that actually blocks her from getting into Smash. You are very clearly already set on an answer, with no flexibility. The sole two things that determines if a character gets into Smash are:

1. Does Nintendo's execs want them in?
2. Does Sakurai believe he can do them justice in Smash?

Unless you can prove one of those two things isn't true, you can't discount any character.

For your latest point, you could easily have her moveset involve creating ziplines and being able to attack while returning to the stage using them, which is pretty goofy IMO. But uh... Why does a character need to be funny? That should prevent the majority of Fire Emblem characters from being in this game, which is not an issue clearly.

link3710

Eel

I don't think either Nintendo nor SE care enough to get her into Smash.

But who knows. It's a bit useless to argue about it. We'll find out once all the characters are revealed and be angry together!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Eel Oh I agree it's unlikely. But declaring it impossible solely because she's 'realistic' makes no sense IMO.

link3710

jump

@Eel Why wait when I'm angry now. Why I'm having to pay for more Fire Emblem characters!!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Eel ARGH!!! At least throw Tiki in, she's in more of those games than most of them and she's a swordless dragon!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

TheFrenchiestFry

I want Guy

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

I’ve been playing as Steve for a bit now and I’m not feeling him.

Nicolai wrote:

PikaPhantom

Pretty happy with Steve so far. I can't see myself maining him, but I find him fun and want to get into the nitty-gritty of his character. The remixes are all great, the stage is nice, though I'm not a big fan of how the Spirit battles are all basically hordes of characters. I think a character this interesting and big is what Ultimate desperately needed after 2 first-party choices, one of which was met with incredibly bad reception and the other of which got somewhat overshadowed by competitive scandals in the community the same week.

PikaPhantom

Bankaj

Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't be opposed to the addition of Crash Bandicoot on Smash Bros. Let him join!

Bankaj

Yosher

I'll be honest I'd much MUCH rather have Spyro over Crash. But Crash getting in would be cool too.

Yoshi!

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7434-8383 | Nintendo Network ID: Yosher

Tendo64

Bankaj wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't be opposed to the addition of Crash Bandicoot on Smash Bros. Let him join!

Nah f*** him. Let Sony come up with some knock-off version of the game like they have so many times before. #ImANintendoFanBoi

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tendo64 Literally what Sony mascot is a knock off of Crash

All of their platformer IPs are completely different stylistically

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Solaine

@ToadBrigade I mean that will be hard since everybody got their own preferences but i think Ness is pretty fun to play with his aerial attacks. It just feels so smooth when you do some of your combos... Hate him as an enemy though

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

SKTTR

I don't see the appeal of a Playstation icon like Crash, especially coming before other better platformer mascots such as Conker, Bubble Bobble, Wonder Boy, Rayman, Goemon, Dixie Kong, and even Spyro.

But this hint is too much of a coincidence. This almost confirms Crash as a new fighter, or at least a Mii costume.
My hopes for Crono are smashed.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

While I do think Crash will come (likely in around a year as 3rd parties are infamous for releasing games around a year later on Switch because they know people will double dip or triple dip so Crash 4 will likely release around October 2021), I don't think the image itself is a hint. Images in the past have referenced plenty of games who has no-one from the referenced franchise in Smash.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Slinkoy1

Hear me out on this theory. Doomsayer is coming to smash. This makes sense, because of how doom eternal still hasn’t gotten any news, so they are probably waiting until they can show of doomsayer in smash, with doom eternal, or they just are taking awhile on doom eternal. Just imagine, hearing rip and tear while Mario fights lol. Tell me what you think of this theory

Hi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic