Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 4,508

Rexenoboy

@Northwind
I agree. Min Min was fun at first because she was so different but she became very boring very quickly. It's all punches with her, nothing else and every move quickly began to feel the same.

Treasure Acquired

Bankaj

Always psyched for Smash news! Not expectating much more from the game than finishing the second DLC pack. I tend to follow the logic that it might be a champion from Zelda BOTW, in which case I'm on team Mipha.

In general I'm still rooting for Bandana Dee as a 'realistic' expectation. All that fanwork put into explaining how his character would work has excited me! Unrealistically I would lose my mind if Lloyd would get in as a fighter.

Fact is, SSBU can't dissapoint anymore. Every addition is a pure bonus which is easy to ignore (looking at you Byleth) thanks to what it has given (everyone is here! + Ridley, Banjo, K Rool, Simon, Inkling etc. etc.).

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

jump

Bankaj wrote:

Fact is, SSBU can't dissapoint anymore.

Yeah it can, you are being asked to pay upfront for two DLC passes without the fighters being revealed first despite it being already decided who they are going to be. If these were crowd pleasing choices than fair enough but it's characters who've not had their proper games released on Nintendo before and meh choices like Terry.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rexenoboy

@Bankaj
If one of the champions makes it in, I hope it's Mipha as well. She's always been my favorite of the 4.

Treasure Acquired

Bankaj

@jump I understand where you are coming from with the argument raised and it is our consumer-behaviour that allows for such things to occur. It's a business opportunity Nintendo is tapping in to, so I won't blame them for that. The DLC pack remains available after all fighters are revealed, so the choice remains yours to purchase in advance or after.

Whether any of the DLC's are crowd-favorites or personal dissapontments, it still tries to add unique characters to the roster (unlike with SSB4 back in the day - paying for existing characters). As long as the character is unique, it will not dissapoint me at all and I will have a sense of increased value for the money I invested in the DLC. It connects with my previous post as well: this game has already given far more than any of its predecessors and the actual gameplay is of tremendous quality. For me enough reason why it's hard to dissapoint me.

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

Blooper987

Who I want
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Nia
3. Midna
4. Shantae
5. Isaac

Who I think
1. Urbosa
2. Phoenix Wright / Dante
3. Lloyd / KOSMOS
4. Rex / Sylux
5. Ryu / Disgaea character

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

Who I want:

• Dante
  • DOOM Slayer
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Tidus
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rayman
  • Crono
  • Kiryu

Who it'll probably be

• some first party character from a game I either don't care about or a game I hated passionately like Xenoblade 2

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Bankaj Nah SSBU can still disappoint

Looking at stuff like the Western reactions to Hero and the overall reaction to Byleth proves that there are plenty of characters people can have an indifference towards

Hell I remember Joker's reveal being divisive as hell on NintendoLife forums and comment threads given how little history Persona has with Nintendo consoles, and I myself could not give two craps about Banjo being in the game since I personally never grew up with that series.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Rexenoboy

I posted my Top 5 on today's article about Smash DLC:
1. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
2. Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
3. Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler)
4. Shantae
5. Rayman

Aside from Rex, my list changes all the time though.

Treasure Acquired

SkullDragr

Bo Jackson from Tecmo Bowl. 100%.

SkullDragr

My Nintendo: SkullDragr

Blooper987

@Northwind almost no one heard about it I feel. It’s been happening in Japan for a while but we only just now got it. Whatever, I’m just waiting Phoenix Wright gets added next.

Losermagnet

Blooper987 wrote:

I’m just waiting Phoenix Wright gets added next.

Me too.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

kkslider5552000

I feel like Professor Layton's getting in instead.

I don't prefer this necessarily, but Wright's already in a fighting game and Layton is more popular tbh. (or at the very least was a decade)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blooper987

@kkslider5552000 Phoenix has been popular for a while. I could see either really.

1. Both have great history with Nintendo
2. Both represent the Visual Novel type games
3. Both are immensely popular and recognizable

Easy solution: give us both

TOUGHDUDE94

Or monster hunter fighter

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm personally completely satisfied with who we have so far. I honestly still don't get why people are still wary about Persona being repped without much Nintendo presence despite the fact those same people were probably hyped over the moon when Cloud was announced for Wii U. Terry Bogard and Joker getting into the roster alongside Cloud, Richter and Snake was basically dream come true material for me

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@kkslider5552000 Layton is popular but I bet for sure Phoenix is more well known by a sizable margin. It definitely helps that he was also in UMvC3 and the initial trilogy of GBA/DS games is also now available on non-Nintendo systems

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

@Blooper987 that would be a reveal that'd surprise me - reveal both Phoenix and Layton as seperate fighters in the same trailer. Make it a courtroom setting and focus on Layton explaining something and then - OBJECTION! Cut to Phoenix. It'd be straight out of the 'Vs.' game.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Dogorilla

Yeah I think 10 years ago Professor Layton was really popular but these days he's not as well known as Phoenix Wright. They never really had a chance to get him in Smash at the height of his popularity because the main Layton series ran from 2008 to 2013 (in the west), so pretty much exactly in between two consecutive Smash games. I would still love for him to be in it though.

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

I mean that's true enough I guess.

I think on top of the sales though it feels like a Level 5 character just makes more sense than ANOTHER Capcom character if we're choosing from this specific genre and era of gaming. And if you are going with more Capcom, they're not doing Phoenix Wright before other series I feel like. They can do that in Project X Zone and MvC game because its heavily Capcom focused, and even then, they only did it once each.

I mean, I'd also love Jade from Beyond Good and Evil, but that's even moreso obviously not happening.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic