Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 4,507

SKTTR

Some battles change only if you purchased certain costumes, the fighters won't change old battles. That's what I heard (and experienced so far), but maybe Min Min changed a battle or two.

I bought the second Fighters Pass the day Min Min came out.

Min Min's spirit board is a mix of 4 old (Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Twintelle) and 6 new (Master Mummy, Mechanica, Byte & Barq, Kid Cobra, Helix, Max Brass) ARMS spirits.

Adding Min Min's fighter spirit there's a total of only 7 new spirits this time:
#1414 Min Min (Fighter)
#1415 Master Mummy (2 Stars) - Primary: LV99 = Power: 7638 / 1 Slot / Throwing Up
#1416 Mechanica (2 Stars) - Support: Weapon Resistance Up
#1416 Byte & Barq (1 Star) - Primary: LV99 = Power: 5387 / 3 Slots / Water Def Down
#1417 Kid Cobra (3 Stars) - Primary: LV99 = Power: 9223 / 2 Slots / Speed Up
#1418 Helix (1 Star) - Support: Transformation Time Up
#1419 Max Brass (4 Stars) - Support: Emergency Giant

My wishlist for Fighters Pass 2:
1. Chibi-Robo - All Gamecube heroes are here: Toon Link (Wind Waker), Captain Olimar (Pikmin), Ike (from the best Fire Emblem), and of course the Animal Crossing Villager, but one omission sticks out like a sore thumb, one of Nintendo's All-Stars: Chibi-Robo! I love all his games, especially the Gamecube original and the DS-sequel Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol. If I can have only one from this list, should be him!
2. Elma - I really don't care about Rex. Xenoblade Chronicles X is just the best game in the series and one of the best RPGs I ever played, and I love Elma much more than anyone from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Xenoblade Chronicles X deserves more recognition and it should definately not be skipped in Smash. Also, Elma amiibo. <3
3. Saki Amamiya - I love Treasure (but I don't see Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers getting an invitation, which is mega-unfortunate) so it's good that I also love both Sin & Punishment games. I already dreamt about Saki being playable in Smash 64 when I first played Sin & Punishment in 2001 with an adapter that could play Japanese N64 games (the Gamecube wasn't out at that time). I had vivid dreams about Saki being a regular fighter in Smash 64. I was young back then, but I never gave up the dream.
4. Crono - Damn all the Final Fantasy's, and Dragon Quest's! Chrono Trigger is Square's best RPG and Terranigma is Enix's best RPG. A time-travel stage would be such a rush of nostalgia. And, ooooh, imagine the remixed, orchestrated music. Ark from Terranigma is a close second.
5. Travis Touchdown One more hero. Nuff said.
It seems nothing has changed, apart from the fact that Goemon is out of the race, yes, I shed a tear.
On the other hand I'm glad Heihachi has been deconfirmed recently, there are better Namco picks imo.
Anyway, Prof. Layton, Conker, Phoenix Wright, Bomberman, Fulgore, Skull Kid, Doom Marine, Scorpion, Lloyd Irving, Frisk, and Monster Hunter would not disappoint even though they're not in my top 5.
However, I would hate another Fire Emblem or Pokémon character, or Playstation/Xbox ones like Crash, Sora, or Master Chief. No need to tell me that some of them appeared on Nintendo, I still don't like them.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JoyBoy

Just off the top of my head list, in no particular order:

1. Phoenix Wright, this could be a great and unique character. If you have ever played one game you know exactly how the final smash would turn out.
2. Dark souls Knight, I would to love the sound of metal rattling while running. You could switch between sword, axe, bow or even a Halberd. There could be a parry button which would be hilarious because its sound is iconic. And I want to "fat roll" as a shield dodge.
3. Monster Hunter, more boring compared to DS in my opinion but probably more warranted due to its history with Nintendo.
4. Hitman, this one is just hilariously out of place, a bit like snake. I would love to strangle Mario and put on his clothes.
5. Lynel, a bit of an out of the blue character just like Piranha but then for the Zelda series.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

crashcontrol

Characters I want

1. Frisk - Undertale

2. Tails - Sonic

3. Bandanna Waddle Dee - Kirby

4. DJ Octavio - Splatoon

5. Crash Bandicoot

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

TheFrenchiestFry

Welp this morning I realized that 80-90% of the Smash community are heartless misogynists that should be locked up and behind bars

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BabyYoda71

I don’t have this game. Any of the following characters would make me buy:

Tom Nook- Animal Crossing

Crash Bandicoot

Any Super Monkey Ball characters

Cappy- Super Mario Odyssey

The Bunny- Jump Rope Challenge

Mr. Joy Con- A figment of my imagination

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Bankaj

Had some more hours with Min Min. Frustration of my previous post is growing. Had a difficult time fighting against Snake because his grenades trigger the short-range standard attacks instead of stretching the arms.

Am I the only one annoyed by Min Min's standard attack settings?

Bankaj

SKTTR

@BabyYoshi12

Cappy is now part of Mario's moveset just like Toad is part of Peach's and Luma is part of Rosalina's.

BabyYoda71

@SKTTR Eh, he deserves his own character, so does Toad.

Yoshi does too, but I think he already is....

Euler

Captain Toad, who of course can't jump, would be an interesting idea. Obviously not easy to pull off, but if anyone can do it Masahiro Sakurai can.

Euler

SKTTR

@BabyYoshi12 You think Yoshi already is? You're a real Yoshi/Smash fan aren't you?

I can see Toad as a fighter since he can jump (Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe) and we could have him in red, blue, yellow, Toadette form etc. but Captain Toad would be unnecessarily complicated, though he could use a spring or manifest a block that he can pull out of the ground instantly.

As for new Mario characters in Smash I see more chances for Pauline and more fan demand for Geno than Cappy, not even counting the other Nintendo characters (from Zelda, Starfox, DK, Xenoblade, Kirby, etc.) that seem more reasonable. Cappy as a standalone fighter would be like Luma as a standalone fighter and that doesn't seem realistic to me. Why should a single-game-gimmick that is already in, be promoted to take away resources from another character like Waluigi, Dixie Kong, Kamek, or Paper Mario for instance?

Edited on by SKTTR

BabyYoda71

@SKTTR I’m a real Yoshi fan, but I’m not a real Smash fan. I’ve never owned a Smash game in my life and have only played about 5 minutes of Brawl at a friend’s house. Sorry!

link3710

@SKTTR I'm curious, what's wrong with Crash / Spyro / Sora? Both Crash and Spyro have had every single entry on Nintendo hardware, including multiple exclusives, while Kingdom Hearts does have a number of Nintendo exclusives as well. Like yeah, there's an old marketing association between Crash and Sony from the PS1 era but like, that's ancient history now. Master Chief I get, there's literally no connection there. Not even Cloud / Joker's 'well technically...' sort of connection. But other those reps you mentioned aren't at that level.

@BabyYoshi12 Yoshi is one of the core 8 characters, alongside Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Kirby, and Link. They're the original available characters and have been in every game.

link3710

BabyYoda71

@link3710 Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying!

jump

I'd like to see Masahiro Sakurai troll everyone by making himself one of the DLC, or Iwata and Reggie to re-enact that meme.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rexenoboy

I've been thinking about a possible moveset for Rex. From what I've read on a number of fora, most seem to think he'd be able to switch blades with each blade giving him a different set of moves.

While that's a neat idea, it'd basically turn him into a cross between Pokémon Trainer and Shulk, which I don't think is unique enough for Mr. Sakurai. He seems to go out of his way to make each DLC fighter as unique as possible and as close to their original gameplay as possible. Terry and Min Min are perfect examples of this.

The core mechanic of combat in Xenoblade 2 isn't so much the switching of blades, although it's a big factor as well, it's the rhythm and combos that drive the combat. Standard attacks drive arts, which in turn drive specials. Therefore I believe it would be much more interesting to see Rex reflect those mechanics in SSBU instead of blade switching. It'd go something like this:

• Rex only has 1 blade: Pyra.
  • The blade constantly follows the driver but can't be injured like the Ice Climbers.
  • The closer the blade is in proximity to the driver, the more damage his normal and smash attacks do.
  • Rex has 2 gauges which gradually fill up.
  • The first gauge (Arts Gauge) gets filled through normal and smash attacks and has 3 levels. Each increasing level makes his Special Attacks more powerful. Use a special attack and 1 level of the gauge gets depleted. Even at level 0, Rex is still able to perform specials but they're very weak.
  • The second gauge (Special Gauge) gets filled using his tilt special attacks and this too has 3 levels. Each of these levels increase the power of his Neutral Special which uses the whole gauge no matter which level it is.

Now, as for his tilt Specials, these are all based on his Arts from XC2 while using the Aegis Sword. If you've played XC2 you'll know how these would look in SSBU.

• Side Special: Anchor Shot
  • Up Special: Double Spinning Edge
  • Down Special: Rolling Smash
  • Neutral Special is based on Pyra's Special Attacks (Flame Nova, Prominence Revolt and Blazing End) though highly modified to fit into Smash: Pyra swoops in to perform one of 3 different attacks depending on which level the Special Gauge is. The higher its level, the stronger and far reaching the attack is. You need to be aware of Pyra's location when you use this attack.
  • Final Smash is based on Pyra's level 4 Special attack Burning Sword.

I believe a gameplay style like this truly represents Rex like he behaves in XC2, much better at least than he would with exchangeable blades. It'd encourage the player to mix things up and it has a great risk/reward playstyle which is always fun for veterans of Smash.

Edit: I forgot to mention his stage. I think it'd be cool if it were based on the Leftherian Archipelago. Imagine a scrolling stage in which platforms bring you from one island to the next, including Fonsett Village.

Anyway, whatever Mr. Sakurai decides to do with Rex, I'm sure it'll be great. If he makes it into Smash in the first place that is.
Goodness, I really hope he does!

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

Snatcher

Hey guys can I get tips on how to get better i'm not knew to this game at all its just my main inlkling gsp is only like 3,000 and something I suck at reading my opponents I win every now and then my highest gsp is banjo and kazooie with about 6,000 but I keep losing with him any tips with these two would be great.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Rexenoboy

@Snatcher
The most general tip I can give you is learn to use shield, roll, air dodge and grab. Many newcomers forget to do these and spam specials and smash attacks all the time.

However, it's very difficult to give someone tips if you don't know their playstyle and what they're doing right or wrong. All I can say is try watching some vids on YT, there's plenty of them and they helped me quite a lot.

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

Snatcher

@Rexenoboy I'm not new and I have watch over 100+ videos of smash I need pro tips.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Rexenoboy

@Snatcher
Look buddy, no offense, but if your highest GSP is 6000 you clearly have a lot of basic training to do. If you were to properly shield and dodge your GSP would be much higher. Try to focus on basic things before worrying yourself over pro techniques like wave landing, dodge dancing, shield cancels and short hops.

Treasure Acquired

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic