Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,508

Euler

@Minaddsmin He did say that some spirits battles would change based on whether or not you had purchased the DLC. So it will be interesting to see what happens with that one.

Euler

MarioVillager92

Cool to see Min Min being the next DLC fighter, she looks fun to play as. I kinda want to wait for another fighter or two to show up, but overall I'd say this is a nice first impression for the second fighters pass.

Minaddsmin wrote:

Also, will we be getting more ARMS spirits in a special Spirits board like with the other DLCs?

@Minaddsmin If the other DLC fighters are anything to go by, I would say yes.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

@FlashBoomerang I think Fighters Pass 2 will be focused on 2017-2018, acting as a setup of the "game released too late to be in the base roster" category Sakurai mentioned in the November 2018 Smash Direct. ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 were part of that with the former getting Spring Man as an assist trophy and the latter getting 3 music tracks and some Mii costumes. Given Min Min means spirits no longer deconfirm fighters, my new predictions for the other 5 are:

• Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launched in December 2017)
  • Crash Bandicoot (Switch got the PS1 trilogy in June 2018)
  • Rayman or Rabbid Peach (Rayman Legends Definitive Edition and Mario + Rabbids launched in September 2017 and August 2017 respectively)
  • Doomguy (DOOM 2016 came to Switch in November 2017)
  • Gen 8 Pokemon like Urshifu (Pokken DX came to Switch in September 2017 and I think 1 of tomorrow's Pokemon Presents announcements will be something to do with Pokken, DLC makes more sense than a new game but I think it could go either way)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

My predictions are:
New 3rd part rep: Crash, Rayman, Ryu
Zelda Rep from new game or Impa
Capcom rep: Dante or Phoenix
Bamco rep: Lloyd or KOSMOS
They will end on Sylux or another nintendo character from a recent game

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

FlashBoomerang

@Grumblevolcano I understand the point. Arms is part of it, for sure.
Are 2 characters I don't want talk about because some personal reasons.
I think they are really caming to the game.
But this two aside, I think we will see 2 characters caming from rpgs. And I don't think Rex will be one of they. Xeno 2 is cool, but not sure if it called attention enough to they put a character from the game.
For example: you really was want him instead the whole remaining 5 slots be Fire Emblem characters? Alright, was a joke this one. Sorry about it.

Edited on by FlashBoomerang

If you want know my Splatoon webcomic, check it:
www.splatzones.com

Late

@Minaddsmin It's weird that Sakurai didn't mention the spirit board at all but I came across it yesterday so here it is: Link

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

dok5555555

Question about online play. My friend and I like doing stock battles but apparently even with stock battles there's a time limit. The most time I can add is 10 minutes. Is there anyway to turn time off when in a stock battle? We had some good games going then the stupid time ran out.

dok5555555

link3710

Okay, 'nother round of predictions since half my last set has been deconfirmed by new spirits since the DLC was announced, (Howard from Astral Chain, Ribbon Girl, Jill Valentine, Heihachi).

So let's see...
2 (September Direct) Rayman - I thought he'd be a lock for the main game but we got Simon as the new 3rd party rep instead. Still, going to predict him again.
3 (March 2021 Direct) Rex & Pyra & Mythra - They'll be set up as a tag team a la Torna instead of the main game, with both members fighting.
4 (E3 2021) Doomslayer / Spyro / Crash - Hoping for one of the former two, expecting the latter. Still would be astonished to see none make it in. Also, tiny chance of Tracer being the A-B rep.
5 (Fall 2021) Lloyd Irving - Bandai Namco deserves a second rep, and with Heihachi out, he seems most likely. I'm personally hoping for Agumon, but that does seem unlikely.
6 (March 2022) New Pokemon. I'm guessing Toxtricity.

link3710

TOUGHDUDE94

I am going for next fighter monster Hunter fighter

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Wumpus From Discord Joins The Battle! What's His Moveset?

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

@dok5555555 I Think You Can Change The Ruleset Before You Make The Arena!

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Euler

If they change the spirit board based on DLC, surely they should make Piranha Plant the main opponent for Piranha-themed battles like the Nipper and Peter Piranha?

Euler

Grumblevolcano

Here's all the Smash DLC characters and the game genre they're from:

Wii U/3DS
Mewtwo - JRPG
Roy - JRPG
Lucas - JRPG
Ryu - Fighting
Cloud - JRPG
Corrin - JRPG
Bayonetta - Action

Ultimate
Piranha Plant - Platformer
Joker - JRPG
Hero - JRPG
Banjo - Platformer
Terry - Fighting
Byleth - JRPG
Min Min - Fighting

So there's a very good chance most of Fighters Pass 2 is JRPG characters.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I mean, my predictions included 3: 1 Pokemon, Sora, Agumon/Lloyd Irving. But honestly, I don't think more than half will be JRPG characters, so not most. Most of the remaining I suppose? But with there being an incredibly strong chance of at least one platforming character getting in (Spyro / Crash / Rayman / Dixie Kong / Bandana Dee / Mario 35th tie in character) and an Action/Adventure character (Zelda BotW 2 tie in character, Monster Hunter, Sora, Paper Mario (he's no longer a JRPG), Dante) and it's even possible we might get a shooter (Doomslayer), Sandbox (Steve), or more Fighting (Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat)

Meanwhile, what major JRPGs are there to pull from? Tales of needs a rep. Pokemon and Xenoblade are likely for more. Perhaps Chrono or Neku or Geno or Itsuki Aoi if you wanna reach. But there's so many more non-JRPG choices at this point, it seems unlikely we'll get a majority JRPGs.

link3710

jump

Some of these predictions remind me of when conspiracy theorists use the prime numbers or the bible as proof.

Did you know Charles Darwin's Origin of Species was published in 1859 - 1+8+5+9 = 23, two divided by three makes 0.666 and the Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am - 8+15= 23!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TOUGHDUDE94

Is the arms fighter coming out on 6/29 why has there been not been released yet

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

link3710

@andrew20 Because they're coming out on 6/30 in the UK, which means it'll be at least another few hours.

link3710

crashcontrol

Now that Min Min has been released what is everyone’s thoughts on how they play

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

ProNintendoFan

Can I watch the stream where Alex play for min min on this site not YouTube? (+ how to do it)

ProNintendoFan

Bankaj

@crashcontrol Digging the unique style of the character. Never paid this amount of attention to distancing (sidenote: Marth-player since melee), what this character is all about. I also like the freedom you have with switching between normal and smash attacks with two arms. Playing around with it gives you such an advantage.

Biggest thorn in the eye for me is the trigger set in the normal attack. The distance for normal short attacks seems set way too high. On many occasions I press for a standard attack because I want my arm to stretch, while Min Min only kicks for air, leaving me wide open for the opponent. I'm going as far to say that I question the choice for giving Min Min also these short-range standard kicks, doesn't feel right in actual play.

In general I'm very pleased with the character not being JRPG nor wielding a sword. A good addition to the roster!

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic