Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 4,508

SKTTR

@Edelgard I already have my all-time favourite Fire Emblem fighter in the game. It's Ike. I was rooting for him back in the Gamecube days as Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is one of my favourite games of all time, and I was brought to tears when he arrived in Wii's Brawl. He's one of my mains.

Piranha Plant is important. This character is the world record holder for its number of appearances in video and computer games! There's no other character that's coming close, not even Mario. When the question is asked ''Which character appeared most in separate game releases?'' the correct answer is Piranha Plant.
And so, Piranha Plant is the lowkey superstar that wriggled into most games subconsciously. Fact is, no other game character had appeared in that many games. There are just too many of them, leave it to Guiness to count them.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Arbor

+10 skull kid, +10 midna, +10 impa. easy. although personally i am a strong advocate for TOON ZELDA. we have link, young link, and toon link, but only one zelda? not fair.

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

SKTTR

1st PARTY Smash Ballot - Scores so far:

35pts. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) +5 10 10 10
28pts. Isaac (Golden Sun) +1 +2 +5 10 10
28pts. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda) +8 10 10
27pts. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X) +6 +1 10 10
25pts. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!) 10 +5 +5 +5
24pts. Midna (The Legend of Zelda) +1 10 +3 10
20pts. Impa (The Legend of Zelda) 10 10
11pts. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) +1 +5 +5
10pts. K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing) 10
10pts. Toad (Super Mario) +5 +5
9pts. Edelgard (Fire Emblem) +9
8pts. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) +1 +5 +2
7pts. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) +2 +5
7pts. Paper Mario (Paper Mario) +7
7pts. Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment) +6 +1
6pts. Octoling (Splatoon) +6
5pts. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong) +5
4pts. Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk) +1 +3
3pts. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness) +3
3pts. Jill (Drill Dozer) +3
3pts. John Raimi (Geist) +3
2pts. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) +2
2pts. Porky (EarthBound) +2
1pt. Andy (Advance Wars) +1
1pt. Geno (Super Mario RPG) +1
1pt. Kamek (Yoshi) +1
1pt. Mallo (Pullblox) +1
1pt. Ricky Winterborn (1080° / Wave Race) +1
1pt. Waluigi (Super Mario) +1
0pts. Ashley & Red (WarioWare)
0pts. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
0pts. Birdo (Super Mario)
0pts. Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
0pts. Chorus Kids / Karate Joe (Rhythm Paradise)
0pts. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
0pts. Jumpin' Jim Rivers (Excitebike)
0pts. Krystal (Starfox Adventures)
0pts. Oceana Louvier (Endless Ocean)
0pts. Pauline (Super Mario)
0pts. Shy Guy (Super Mario)
0pts. Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
0pts. Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)

Participants 11: Arbor, DarthNocturnal, Edelgard, Grumblevolcano, Harmonie, link3710, Nat, Nofina, RR529, SKTTR, StephanDLW

These are the 2 PM's I got:
Nat: Rex +10, Skull Kid +10, K.K. Slider +10
Nofina: Elma +10, Impa +10, Midna +10

20 points left for: DarthNocturnal, Harmonie

Edited on by SKTTR

Diddy64

Dixie Kong +10
Cranky Kong +10
Funky Kong +10

Sorry for posting my vote after the posting of scores. I was uncertain about divide and put more characters or just vote for three characters.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Dogorilla

+5 Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (though I'd prefer Dr Coyle)
+5 Paper Mario
+5 Dixie Kong
+5 Midna
+5 Waluigi
+5 Funky Kong (as a DK echo)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

SKTTR

1st Party SMASH BALLOT - Scores so far:

35pts. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) +5 10 10 10
29pts. Midna (The Legend of Zelda) +1 10 +3 10 +5
28pts. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda) +8 10 10
22pts. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) +2 +5 10 +5
20pts. Impa (The Legend of Zelda) 10 10
15pts. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong) +5 10
15pts. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) 10 +5
12pts. Paper Mario (Paper Mario) +7 +5
11pts. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) +1 +5 +5
6pts. Waluigi (Super Mario) +1 +5
5pts. Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (ARMS) +5
1pt. Geno (Super Mario RPG) +1
1pt. Kamek (Yoshi) +1
1pt. Mallo (Pullblox) +1
0pts. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
0pts. Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
0pts. Krystal (Starfox Adventures)

13 Participants: Arbor, DarthNocturnal, Diddy64, Dogorilla, Edelgard, Grumblevolcano, Harmonie, link3710, Nat, Nofina, RR529, SKTTR, StephanDLW

@DarthNocturnal, Monster Hunter is a Capcom 3rd Party, I wouldn't allow it here as he's still got a chance to be in the DLC. (Geno is the only special case coming directly from a Mario game). Giygas is considered to be Porky's Final Smash, so maybe you should spend some points on that one.

@Diddy64 It's fine. Sometimes it's better to wait and strategically distribute your points.

@Dogorilla It's safe to assume that Sakurai always starts out with the most popular face of a franchise or the playable main character before getting into recognizable sidekicks, villains, etc. There's little to no chance that someone other than Spring Man / Ribbon Girl would be the first character of the ARMS franchise to be represented in Smash, even though Twintelle and others have a huge fanbase as well.

Edited on by SKTTR

Dogorilla

SKTTR wrote:

@Dogorilla It's safe to assume that Sakurai always starts out with the most popular face of a franchise or the playable main character before getting into recognizable sidekicks, villains, etc. There's little to no chance that someone other than Spring Man / Ribbon Girl would be the first character of the ARMS franchise to be represented in Smash, even though Twintelle and others have a huge fanbase as well.

Yep that makes sense, I wouldn't realistically expect Dr Coyle to get in over Spring Man, I just think she's a much more interesting character and has some unique abilities.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

DarkSim01

What makes this tough is the assist trophy aspect. I don't want to include them, but some of my favorites got relegated to assist trophies.

+7 Waluigi (Super Mario)
+5 Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
+5 Geno (Super Mario RPG)
+4 Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
+4 Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
+2 Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
+2 Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
+1 Black Shadow (F-ZERO)

As for a few others, replace the characters that upgraded from assist trophy to fighters with new assist trophies. A Karate Joe, Chorus Kids or Chibi-Robo assist trophy could be cool.

I was also considering Porky pretty strongly, but I would prefer his boss fight from Brawl be added in a Boss Rush mode (I know it won't happen, but I can dream).

DarkSim01

link3710

Boss Rush was my favorite mode in Brawl, by far. I can't believe it wasn't included in Ultimate, considering the ease that there should be in implementing such a mode. The biggest thing would be designing a rest area, but I'd be fine with them reusing the one from All-Star.

link3710

DarkSim01

@link3710 I was hoping for a Boss All Star mode so much. Imagine a full run of all of the bosses from the entire series:

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Giga Bowser
Petey Piranha
Rayquaza
Porky
Galleom
Duon
Rathalos
Marx
Dracula
Ganon
Tabuu
Master Core
Galeem
Dharkon

Throw in a a couple of break spots with some heart containers or something. It's a shame we don't have it, because it would be incredibly fun.

DarkSim01

link3710

@DarkSim01 Given the rumors that there's one more single player mode, I'm hoping that's what it is. Most of the bosses are already in the game, though the biggest issue I see is that Ridley / Meta Ridley have since become a character, and I don't think they want to show full size Ridley next to him. Still, almost every boss is already in Smash Ultimate, so it's possible at least.

link3710

DarkSim01

@link3710 Yeah, that's why I left Ridley off of my list. It would just be confusing and create more questions than fun.

I have a bad feeling we won't get it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed!

DarkSim01

farrow000

I bet Travis Touchdown will be one of the DLC characters.

I like Nintendo are bringing characters from video game history instead of just focusing on modern era. A Double Dragon rep personally would be cool

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

SKTTR

DarkSim01 wrote:

What makes this tough is the assist trophy aspect. I don't want to include them, but some of my favorites got relegated to assist trophies.

As for a few others, replace the characters that upgraded from assist trophy to fighters with new assist trophies. A Karate Joe, Chorus Kids or Chibi-Robo assist trophy could be cool.

I was also considering Porky pretty strongly, but I would prefer his boss fight from Brawl be added in a Boss Rush mode (I know it won't happen, but I can dream).

This ballot is for Fighters Pass 2, BUT ONLY IF rules are changed and Assist Trophys, Spirits and Costumes are allowed to be upgraded to Fighters.

If rules don't change and Fighters Pass 2 is 3rd-Party-only again, then this ballot is for the next Smash game or Fighters Pass 3 eventually.

Note that Edelgard, John Raimi, Jumpin' Jim Rivers, Oceana Louvier, Porky, and Ricky Winterborn may still appear as they're not an Assist Trophy, Spirit or Mii Costume (on that note, is there really no love for Doshin the Giant or someone from the Pilotwings/Pilotwings 64 cast?).

I'd love to see Porky getting the same treatment as Ridley, upgrading from a huge boss into a smaller fighter version, still within his spiderbot machine of course because that would make a hell of a fighter. He'd be a relatively big character much like Ridley, Bowser, DK, and the two Kings.

Ultimate has sort of a boss rush already in the final stage of adventure mode. I don't need an extra version of this. Break the Targets + Boarding The Platforms is all I need to make this game complete. And for extra wishes probably Smash Run because I never got the 3DS version.

Scores so far:

37pts. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) +5 10 10 10 +2
32pts. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda) +8 10 10 +4
29pts. Midna (The Legend of Zelda) +1 10 +3 10 +5
24pts. Impa (The Legend of Zelda) 10 10 +4
22pts. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) +2 +5 10 +5
15pts. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong) +5 10
15pts. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) 10 +5
13pts. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) +1 +5 +5 +2
13pts. Waluigi (Super Mario) +1 +5 +7
12pts. Paper Mario (Paper Mario) +7 +5
6pts. Geno (Super Mario RPG) +1 +5
5pts. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby) +5
5pts. Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (ARMS) +5
1pt. Black Shadow (F-ZERO) +1
1pt. Kamek (Yoshi) +1
1pt. Mallo (Pullblox) +1
0pts. Doshin (Doshin the Giant)
0pts. Goose (Pilotwings)
0pts. Krystal (Starfox)
0pts. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
0pts. Peppy Hare (Starfox)
0pts. Slippy Toad (Starfox)

14 Participants: Arbor, DarkSim01, DarthNocturnal, Diddy64, Dogorilla, Edelgard, Grumblevolcano, Harmonie,
link3710, Nat, Nofina, RR529, SKTTR, StephanDLW

Come on, people! Free votes!
30 points to spend. (10 points max for one fighter.)

Untitled

Forever Blue, or as we know it, Endless Ocean (2007) and Endless Ocean 2 (2010) for Wii are two of the best diving games ever made, both developed by Arika and published by Nintendo. There's lots of adventuring, tons to salvage, to learn about aquatic life, secret places to uncover, running an aquarium and tour service, and going online with a friend. You could even let your own mp3 music run in the game from SD Card. The follow-up added more of everything plus gameplay outside of the water, a customizable beach habitat, finding and training dolphin partners, deep and shallow waters around the globe, dangerous wildlife, and an online mode where you were able to communicate via Wii Speak voice chat.

Edited on by SKTTR

DarkSim01

@SKTTR I tried to be at least semi-realistic, but my dreams wouldn't let me. It's a great list of characters and honestly, I'd be happy with any of them. Even the ones I don't know much about would be cool.

I also like the idea of, if an Assist Trophy gets promoted (Isaac, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Takamaru, etc.), add in a replacement Assist Trophy, either as a new one or bring back a previous one.

Bring back Excitebikes, Mr. Resetti, Infantry and Tanks or Tingle.

A few other first and third party options:
Gunvolt from Azure Striker
Snipperclips
Rabbids
Beedle (BOTW), who drops items and food
Any of the four Champions from BOTW (Daruk's protection as a temp shield, Mipha's Grace to heal, Urbosa's Fury as an electric attack or Revali's Gale to add an additional jump for a period of time)

Sorry, not trying to derail the conversation (which I'm enjoying). I'm just bored at work right now.

DarkSim01

SKTTR

@DarkSim01

A replacement Assist Trophy isn't needed, imo. You can always switch off certain Assist Trophy's if they bother you.

Mr. Resetti is a particularly annoying AT, and the only reason it would be good to have him in is just for fun and completeness' sake, but I would deactivate him if he'd show up too often and repeat himself too much.

Smash is a game where universes mesh, for example you get Link's from three different timelines, so I would not question beating up boss Ridley with fighter Ridley or having fighter Waluigi beating up AT Waluigi. Man, you can even select the same character 8 times if you want. There is no reason to erase/replace an AT when they get a fighter. Sakurai wouldn't erase/replace Spirits or Mii Costumes either, as we've seen with Lucas and Mewtwo in Smash 4, he'd only add on top of what we already have.

Snip & Clip from Snipperclips would be hilarious. How would they even fight? Moveset please.

Rabbids won't be playable before Rayman is. But I can see Rabbid Mii Costumes sold separately when Rayman fighter is released. However, Rayman is already a spirit (not to mention Rabbid-Mario, Rabbid-Peach, and Rabbid-Kong), deconfirming them just as much as any other spirit for Fighters Pass 1.

The Four Champions of BotW would make the fanbase go bonkers. You cannot pick one without angering the fan of another. Eventually, everyone will demand his choice and the topic wouldn't end until all 4 are in. Or is there a good reason to have only one of them above the others? And don't just answer 'But.. Urbosa!'

You're not derailing a conversation, this is the general Smash Bros. Ultimate thread.

Edited on by SKTTR

DarkSim01

So, one of the prevailing rumors I've seen is that there will be 10 more fighters, based on the research done a while back showing 16 additional character slots in the code (Piranha Plant plus Fighter Pass 1 being 6).

I don't think we'll get THAT many, but it helps make the speculation more fun (and easier).

I know the assist trophy replacements wouldn't be a "necessity," but I think it would be a good idea as a way of including popular characters that didn't make the final cut. Just an opinion really. And I get the argument about being able to keep them in there, being able to have 8 of the same fighter, etc. My thought process is more related to my OCD and making things fit in a nice little package. Technically they wouldn't have any effect on the game, but for my mind, I would consider it a cleaner package. But again, that's just me and my mild OCD.

Agree with the Rabbids, which is why I think Rayman will be one of the next available fighters. The Rabbids would be good for either an assist trophy or as part of Rayman Final Smash, in my opinion.

Snip and Clip... I don't know. Similar to how Color TV Game 15 basically plays Pong over top of your battle, Snip and Clip would play a puzzle over top, obstructing your view and dropping pieces that are clipped onto the stage, which cause launch damage, similar to the Pong ball.

As for the Champions, I'd probably say do something similar to Skull Kid, which has multiple effects. All four spirits of them appear, a random one of the four lights up and applies their effect. Daruk would give you temporary invulnerability, Mipha would drop 50 or 100% damage, Revali would give you an extra jump for a while and Urbosa would do a radial lightning attack around where the trophy was opened.

I have some more stuff I'll post after this with some characters I'd add. (Like I said, it's a slow day today)

DarkSim01

DarkSim01

Oh, also regarding Spirits and Mii costumes. I don't think Spirits necessarily "deconfirm" anyone at this point. I would imagine that they would treat them like the Fighter Spirits and add the Smash game model as an alternate on the same listing of the original.

Mii costumes I also doubt because they have King K Rool, Captain Falcon, Mario Maker (a skin for Mario), Samus, Inklings, Fox, Link (two) and Chrom. Oh, and I like the Rabbid Mii Costume idea, especially as a gunner from Mario + Rabbids.

DarkSim01

SKTTR

@DarkSim01 Oh, I assumed you were rooting for fighters, not ATs, my fault. Snip & Clip, Rabbids, and Four Champions as ATs makes more sense now.

The most advanced AT's are 3rd party though: Bomberman and Alucard are practically finished fighters. Bomberman was just taken out because Konami wasn't 100% sure about him, and Alucard I don't know. Those two ATs being like 95% finished fighters would make them rather easy and quick additions to the roster. Bomberman's problems especially should have been sorted out by now.

Your OCD vs my OCD - don't ever take out or replace anything that's already in, you would subtract from my private 100% and get negative OCD karma.

Edited on by SKTTR

DarkSim01

A few quick notes:
I’m going to say there are ten new fighters (five all new, five echo). This is based on the theory I mentioned above.
There will be a mix of Nintendo fighters and third party fighters
For this, Spirits don't deconfirm fighters. I'd say they just add the Smash fighter model to the existing Spirit and move them to the "Fighter" category.
Any fighters that get promoted from Assist Trophy status will prompt a replacement assist trophy (just for the OCD I mentioned earlier)
I have them as two additional “fighter passes.” One for new fighters, one for echoes (at a lower cost).
Finally, because the final fighter for the first DLC hasn’t been revealed, there will actually be 11 listed below.

I’m going out on a limb and saying Crash Bandicoot as the last DLC for the first pass. He’s basically the equivalent of Banjo-Kazooie and his popularity is through the roof right now. Plus you want to finish the first pass off with a bang, and he would be a great icon for that.

Fighter Pass #2:
Doom Slayer – THE iconic FPS. Model him on the current games, but have Doom Guy as an alt.
Rayman – with how close Nintendo and Ubisoft are these days and him being the face of Ubisoft, it’s a great fit.
Rex & Pyra – They’re super popular right now and Nintendo is pushing Xenoblade hard.
Geno – He’s been a fan favorite and could be a fun addition
Waluigi – He deserves it. He could have an all sports-based moveset, focused around tennis (his debut).

Echo Fighter Pass (characters would likely have a few minor changes, like Chrom to Roy):
Dixie Kong – echo of Diddy Kong.
Black Shadow – echo of Captain Falcon. Would be a little slower, but stronger. Kind of a grey area between Falcon and the original version of Ganondorf.
Shadow the Hedgehog – echo of Sonic.
Medusa – echo for Palutena. Would add another villain and potentially lead to sparking desire for a new Kid Icarus…?
Impa – echo for Shiek.

(Honorable mention goes to Mr. Sandman)

Assist Trophy replacements (for Waluigi and Shadow):
Shantae – Her attacks could be fun and versatile. Plus another smaller third party character like Shovel Knight gets some love.
Hyrule Champions – All four spirits of them appear, a random one of the four lights up and applies their effect. Daruk would give you temporary invulnerability, Mipha would drop 50 or 100% damage, Revali would give you an extra jump for a while and Urbosa would do a radial lightning attack around where the trophy was opened.

Final thing, I think as a final last "hoorah," add in a few alternate skins for some fighters that wouldn't necessarily even require an Echo Fighter. Dry Bowser, Ms. Pac Man, Ninten, Mr. L, Gooigi, Detective Pikachu, Octolings.

DarkSim01

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic