Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 3,742

lolwutTM

So I dunno if this will mean anything, but here’s a little anecdote from me.

Similar to @BMO_Advanced, my friend is beating me a lot. He mains Cloud and Pikachu, and I’m almost certain to lose if he plays as either of them. I usually use Samus or Corrin, sometimes Roy. Last night I was on the worst losing streak ever, and out of desperation I tried Bowser (I used to play Bowser, but it’s been a while). Absolutely curb-stomped him that time.

So... use Bowser maybe?

Edited on by lolwutTM

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! (Switch) Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch) MHGU (Switch)

~ Currently reading: My Hero Academia Vol. 11, Megaman Gigamix Vol.1, Eureka seveN Vol.1

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355 | My Nintendo: ParkaTron

GyroZeppeli

@lolwutTM Bowser got buffed to oblivion. He’s one of the best fighters if you can handle his slow movements and not great recovery.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

NEStalgia

Geno.... i can, occasionally, get sheik to come out... After I'm at like 190%..... Any tips?

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Honestly looking back at Ultimate, literally my only complaint I can think of is that the credits song was disappointing. I was expecting a medley of all of the Smash themes from 64 to Melee to Brawl to Smash 4 to Ultimate, as it had been since the beginning, but instead we just get a piano solo of Ultimate's theme. Which is good, but without all the medleys of the old Smash games, it just felt really off.

Everything else is just fantastic though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

Finally. Everyone unlocked. I got a lot of Spirits by farming the Spirit Board, so I guess I'm prepared to return to WoL.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Beedrill4Smash

A message to all Pichu and or Pikachu mains:

Never talk to me, or my son, or my Son's son, ever again.

Seriously though, I can't stand fighting either of these characters.

Beedrill4Smash

SonicMos

Without spoiling anything, is there a bonus for unlocking all characters before Galeem in Wol because I haven't got the game yet and I'll just do it after Galeem if there is no bonus

SonicMos

Switch Friend Code: sw-5474-8323-2325

Edelgard

@SonicMos unlocking all characters on WoL is one of the challenges, so you get a little something. It won't help you against Galeem though.

Meanwhile I have one more challenge to unlock! I only have to do some more quick battles for the last unlock. Ultimate feels a lot easier to complete than Smash 4. Weird since Ultimate has a lot more content.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

SonicMos

@BMO_Advanced Ok thanks I was just wondering if there would be like a special ending but yeah I'll probably unlock all the characters after Galeem.

SonicMos

Switch Friend Code: sw-5474-8323-2325

Grumblevolcano

@BMO_Advanced Well the thing is you don't get a milestone for completing all challenges, makes it more likely that this isn't the final challenge list.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Beedrill4Smash wrote:

A message to all Pichu and or Pikachu mains:

Never talk to me, or my son, or my Son's son, ever again.

Seriously though, I can't stand fighting either of these characters.

Preach. For me, it’s not even a matter of getting hit. Those two just won’t stand still.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

So, what was everyone's strategy for getting the Pauline spirit?

I'm trying to mop up any spirits I've missed before tackling Darkhon, but this one is a pain in the rear end. I'm half tempted to just equip Bob-Omb equipped & explosive power up spirits, lob it over & hope it knocks out Peach before Mario & DK appear...

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Late

@RR529 I explained my tactic earlier but here it is again: Let Mario kill himself, ignore DK, kill Peach.

Bit more detailed explanation: Run to the small platforms on the bottom right at the start of the match. Mario spawns and follows you there. Stand to the left of a small platform and either use shield or equip a Back Shield. Mario hits your shield and drops to his doom while holding the hammer. If you have enough swagger you can also grab and throw Mario into a pit while he's still holding the hammer instead of letting him kill himself. Might be a bit dangerous but that's what I did couple of times. DK isn't really a threat. I just ran towards Peach at all times and the big monkey had hard time following me. Just occasionally avoid his attacks or hit him to stop him while you run past.

Probably far from the best strategy but it worked fine for me. It took me some tries to get the kill but almost all of my losses were due to the time limit.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GyroZeppeli

@RR529 Kill Mario first, slowdown time with the stopwatch, then proceed to launch Peach.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

HobbitGamer

@RR529 Equip a staff spirit, jump up-right platform from where you start, get two hits in. Time the hits and should KO. Beat in 6 seconds this way after trying everything else

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Joeynator3000

Okay, since the infinite Assist Trophy glitch is still here, I've been wondering....

WHY HASN'T ANYONE USE 4 ISABELLES TO ACTIVATE 2 ASSIST TROPHY GLITCHES AT THE SAME TIME YET? lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

GyroZeppeli

@Sanya_Claus Because then Isabelle would be God tier.

Joeynator3000

Seriously, someone needs to make a video of it before the glitch is fixed. xD
It'll be trickier to pull off since both Isabelles doing the glitch has to be on the same team, but it'll be amazing. xD

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Samsamsam

Even the game memes Waluigi, i guess its time to add him to the roster. Also i tried to beat Light World using only Mario with no help of spirits, guess that the Dr Willy fight is impossible but im on my 100th try soon

Samsamsam

HobbitGamer

@Samsamsam No, Waluigi gets to watch and occasionally show up when summoned. 😂
And you’re gonna have to use more than Mario at the end. Are you going to sell your tears when you’re done?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic