Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 4,508

Aozz101x

i wonder if the 2nd DLC pass will be about 1st party characters this time around? i would love to see ARMS and other newer IPS from Nintendo appear in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Late

I gotta admit I was a bit sad to see Nakoruru (and Mamahaha) miss the invitation but I'm glad they were still part of the trailer. Makes it seem like they at least considered having her. Terry is a good choice. Seems like he's relatively not well known nowadays. At least based on the reactions I've seen.

Had a quick test run with Banjo. Played through Classic Mode. Not much to say yet. I'll have to play more to know if I like them or not. Bought the Sans costume too. Mainly for the music. I don't use Mii Fighters. Not that I don't like them but they cannot be selected by random and I always play with a random character.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

IceClimbers

I 100% believe that the 5th fighter is Ryu Hayabusa.

As for a second pass, my guesses would be:

• Doomguy
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Crash
  • Heihachi
  • Dante from the Devil May Cry series™

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

As much as I can't imagine almost anyone in the west being disappointed with Doomguy getting in, Japan would probably feel the way a lot of people here do about Terry. So he'd have to come in the middle of the next package, if anywhere.

Anyways, I guess I'll throw out my predictions for character 5 + the next 5(?). It should be about as accurate as my guesses for the first pass (I had Slime instead of the Hero, that was the closest I've gotten so far).

5. Lloyd Irving (Tales / Bandai-Namco)
6. Agumon (Digimon / Bandai-Namco)
7. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter / Capcom)
8. Doomguy (Doom / Bethesda)
9. Ryu Hayubasa (Ninja Gaiden / Koei Tecmo)
10. Sora (Kingdom Hearts / Square Enix)

Still hoping Howard + Sword Legion gets in, but that seems highly unlikely. I'd love to see King (Tekken), and Seong Mi-na (Soul) but... not gonna happen at all sadly. Dante (Devil May Cry) stands a chance of showing up instead of Monster Hunter, but not a great one. Pitting him versus Bayonetta would be amazing though.

link3710

Dogorilla

I'd be pretty disappointed if Doomguy got in. His series is obviously an important one but it's not one I have much interest in, and the character himself seems pretty dull to me. Just a generic macho man with a gun. I'm hoping the second DLC wave is first and second party characters but I'm not sure how likely that is since pretty much every major Nintendo character already has a spirit, if not an assist trophy. Professor Layton doesn't though so there's still a shred of hope for him to get in.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

link3710

@Dogorilla I don't see why having a spirit would stop anyone from being considered for the second wave of DLC?

link3710

Ralizah

All I want is Shantae in Smash.

After that, they can fill the rest of their slots with other obscure fighting game characters, for all I care.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dogorilla

@link3710 I guess it wouldn't necessarily stop them from getting in, but every fighter in the game has a fighter spirit (which doesn't actually do anything as far as I know), so it wouldn't really make sense for a character to have both a fighter spirit and a normal spirit (unless the normal spirit represented a different version of the character, like how there are multiple Link spirits). I don't know, it's not a massive deal so Nintendo could still come up with a way around that if they want to, but to me it seems like they wouldn't add anyone who already has a spirit. Although having said all that, I just realised that Lucas already had a trophy in SSB4 before being added as DLC, so maybe I'm overthinking it.

Funky Kong

link3710

@Dogorilla They also are going to run out of space on the stage select since it was designed to perfectly fit 5 DLC stages, so it's not the only thing they'll have to work around.

link3710

Dogorilla

If the second fighter pass is first-party characters, and assuming spirits don't de-confirm a character but assist trophies do, these are my predictions:
Impa - there hasn't been a new Zelda character in Smash since Brawl, and that was a clone, so Impa seems like a solid choice for a new one
Bandana Dee - I don't know much about this character but a lot of people seem to want him and Sakurai loves Kirby
Geno - to be honest I think he seems a little obscure seeing as his only major appearance in a game was over twenty years ago, but he's been requested for years and a lot of popular characters from the ballot were added in Ultimate so I could definitely see him getting in now
Spring Man - I'd rather have a more interesting Arms character but SM seems to be the face of the franchise
Astral Chain person - I'm not sure about this one, it's probably too recent, but Astral Chain is a major new release and there was talk of it possibly becoming a trilogy, so representation in Smash would make sense

Funky Kong

brendathecat

I think they could do some interesting things with Arthur from super ghouls n ghosts as a character. It’s a long running series with nostalgia value for us old timers. Also his double jump would give him unique aerial manoevering. And think of all the different Weapons he uses being assigned to the B moves! Just please don’t give us the graveyard as his stage with the endlessly spawning zombies s stage hazards...arghhhhh

Looking for animal crossing buddies on switch FC is SW-7803-7785-1593

link3710

Geno is third party. He's owned by Square Enix. Howard (last name of the protagonist from Astral Chain, the one you don't pick is named Akira Howard) is definitely feasible though, considering they managed to get in Corrin as DLC before Fates even launched.

Dixie Kong and Chibi Robo are the two first party characters not on that list without Assist Trophies that seem most likely to enter the battle if we do get more first party though.

link3710

Dogorilla

Just remembered that Spring Man has an assist trophy actually, so I'd probably replace him with Dixie Kong in my list. I think that because Geno is from a Mario game they would probably include him in the first-party DLC pack (if they do indeed divide it up into a third-party and a first-party pack) but maybe not. It might depend what Square-Enix have to say about it.

I like that idea @brendathecat , I'd be up for having Arthur in the game

Funky Kong

Grumblevolcano

If there's any 1st party characters in the upcoming DLC, I'd guess Rex & Pyra comes first because of the announcement in the November Smash Direct. XC2 did well and in certain circumstances Rex & Pyra could even act as promotion for XC Definitive Edition.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

mariomaster96

Yeah i really hope Rex&Pyra but dont u think waluigi is more likely? since they said that they are aware that people want him

mariomaster96

link3710

Just a thought for Howard. Who would the default be? I'd assume for the video they'd bring in both voice actors and have both siblings in it, but Astral Chain's been pretty careful not to show either gender as default in their advertising.

It'd probably be the male one of course as almost always (and quite frankly, it doesn't make a difference really what order the pallettes are in), but it just had me thinking.

link3710

farrow000

I agree Travis Touchdown is a good choice with No more Heroes 3 coming out next year and the mainline series exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

I think Lara Croft would be a good one for female reps but I don't it.

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Ralizah

https://nintendosoup.com/japanese-children-are-calling-terry-...

"Something very strange has been happening in Japan after Terry Bogard was revealed. Apparently, there are many young Japanese gamers who are unaware who the character is, and are calling him a “muscular version of Pokemon Trainer”, another fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."

LOL Poor Terry.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

I know a lot of people speculate Lloyd as a potential Tales rep, but how likely would he be really?

Sure, in the west, there's a lot of Symphonia nostalgia (particularly with Nintendo Tales fans) as one of the few prominent big JRPGs on the GameCube, but in Japan where Tales is a lot more prolific, I wonder how big Symphonia's legacy really is in particular.

I could almost see Yuri from Vesperia (since it recently got a re-release, on Switch to boot) or the protaganist of the new Tales game (as a marketing tie in) being just as likely as Lloyd, especially if he isn't the series' "Cloud" that western fans think of him as.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic