Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 3,884

DarthNocturnal

@DarkSim01

Oops, forgot that the game itself does recognize GameCube controllers. But it looks like your options have been laid out for you by others already.

@HeroYoshiko

Overreacting much?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

GyroZeppeli

@HeroYoshiko Really? Because all he did was lock an almost 1 year old thread.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

DarkSim01

@PolarExperience no worries. I made a separate user in SSBU until a possible solution or patch is released, if one is.

@Delibheel I dont think anyone blamed the game. It was just a general pondering.

DarkSim01

Grumblevolcano

It only took 2 spirit board events to start introducing event exclusive spirits. The one this weekend is Mario themed and has 3 exclusive spirits:

• Golden Dash Mushroom
  • River Survival
  • Dice Block

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Manah

When the previous events only increased the chances to get certain spirits on the board, I was happy they didn't pull that timed exclusives crap here. Remind me to never give any credit to a game until it's been out for a year or two.

Just have them show up in the event slots now and put them in the normal rotation after the event.

HobbitGamer

@DarkSim01 Ohhh! I gotchya now! Yeah, sounds like a ‘control profile’ name like you did is the only current way to go.
I thought you were only gonna be using a GC, not switching between.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DarkSim01

@JackEatsSparrows yeah, the only reason ill be switching is when my fiance plays. She gets the button labels mixed up, so the GC controller is easier for her since the buttons are different sizes and shapes. I let her use that and I go back to the pro.

Oh well, I guess this is the only solution for now.

Edited on by DarkSim01

DarkSim01

sanya_exe

OH COME ON!! I can't play this game while waiting for another to download?! >.<

...I just bought Katamari Damacy, thought about playing some Smash and getting spirits while waiting for the download. Nope, download pauses. TwT

Edited on by sanya_exe

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

CharlieGirl

@Tsurii ...it's just a video game

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

Paraka

@Tsurii @Grumblevolcano - this is likely going to mean there is an incentive to have certain events return over time. Ultimately giving them a reason for people to play them again; to finish what they started.

@CharlieSmile - That's not a really good excuse. "It's just X" is an extreme dismissal of what others are more passionate about. Many see the stickers to be an end-goal to collect and "conquer" am aspect of the game Not everyone is game on just beating their own score over and over on Classic. Events like this is like restricting Power Moons on an anniversary event in Odyssey, or dungeons in Zelda on holidays.

Paraka

Ooccoo_Jr

Does anyone know if there is an easy way of telling at a glance which spirits on the Spirit Board you need for your collection and which you already have? In the shops they say 'New' above them but doesn't seem to happen on spirit board?

Ooccoo_Jr

HobbitGamer

@Ooccoo_Jr I know that if you already beat and collected the scenario, it will display a “Clear!” Icon in the upper left. Dunno if the differentiates between WoL and Spirit Board, tho.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@Ooccoo_Jr If you have the spirit there's a tick next to the difficulty of it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Edelgard

I've been playing online with spirits on... I won 16 battles in a row using my strongest spirit combo. Unfortunately there seems to exist one extremely broken spirit combo, perhaps it's even an abused bug. I've seen multiple players use it: it's our captain Olimar, but he's doing at least 50% damage with every hit. You can imagine it's not really fun to play against!

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

NEStalgia

You know, I really have no idea how you guys that beat wol in a weekend managed. I'm weeks in on normal, and all just now working my way up the right side of the map after the light barrier drops. 3 and 4 start fights are still excessively difficult as well...4 star especially, of course.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia More pain and suffering awaits you, I’m afraid 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia There are some extremely OP Spirit setups since I beat WoL that can really make mince meat out of opponents. For example on NG+ and the Spirit Board, I've been using Little Mac with a level 99 3-slot primary Spirit with the Giant Zapfish Spirit (makes you big for the beginning of the match) plus Victini (increases the power of your Smash attacks) make you a complete god of destruction. Since Little Mac has innate superarmor on Smash attacks, you can literally punch through anything and do over 100% damage per forward Smash.

I call it the Big Mac cheese.

That said, on my first playthrough I just marathoned it like it ain't no thing. Then again I live for torture, apparently :^[

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario honesty i think a lot of these wol battles are pure bs. People say the tekken 7 season 2 ai is cheating button reading garbage, but i think wol takes that to the next level.

James mccloud, the boss, the horrid 8 metal mega men. Yuck. I can blow an hour on each daily and never get anywhere.

Then some 3 stars the enemy just blues themselves up and I win without doing anything. Or giant Bowser in.. Forget the spirit, just sat there while i pummeled him with Yoshi eggs for like 88%

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic